Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Match Thread - Cardiff City vs Norwich

Making Plans,

Have said elsewhere, he is signed but not delivered, arrives this weekend.

Ginja wrote the following post at 01/02/2014 2:20 PM:

Everyone was slagging Fer off the last couple of games and now they''re all demanding he should be in the squad, talk about fickle, I think honestly no matter what Hughton does you lot will moan and complain that it was the wrong choice.

Thats where you are wrong again. If he were to resign i''m sure we would mostly all feel it was the right choice!

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''m not happy with that.   Looks like a side made to contain. [/quote]So LDC, where''s your loan man Yobo who can "slot straight in" then[/quote]
As I don''t think Yobo has international clearance yet it''s a bit difficult for him to "slot in" just yet

Who/what formation were people expecting? Plenty have said that Fer has looked tired recently so him dropping to the bench isn''t wholly unexpected; RvW wasn''t exactly praised for his shift on Tuesday. Nor was the 4-4-2 formation:- 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 seems more sensible away from home.

Put those things in the mixer and I think you generally come out with something not dissimilar to the line-up for today''s game, like it or not.

Surprised Fer has been left out of the side considering he was at his best whilst playing alongside Tettey.Of course we''ve set out not to lose so he could be giving Fer a rest for the much more winnable Man City game.

[quote user="JF"]Ginja wrote the following post at 01/02/2014 2:20 PM:

Everyone was slagging Fer off the last couple of games and now they''re all demanding he should be in the squad, talk about fickle, I think honestly no matter what Hughton does you lot will moan and complain that it was the wrong choice.

Thats where you are wrong again. If he were to resign i''m sure we would mostly all feel it was the right choice![/quote]
I wish! If only there was something that would stop the endless b*tching and moaning but I don''t think you''d stop, it would just shift to the next manager or McNally or Delia!

Only this week in the local media CH states that he has every faith in Wolfswinkel to deliver the goods and what a good player he is with a high work rate blah blah blah - and drops him for the very next game! Fantastic man management!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]And if Hoolahan is not even on the bench then there is a big problem in the making there.

Should have sold him but other considerations came before footballing ones IMO.[/quote]

Errr

You do realise that Wes didn''t travel in case a deal was done yesterday. He was never a part of today.

Yes, we have criticised Fer, but a bad Fer is still better than a good Johnson.And what happens if we go behind? Where is the creativity on the bench?I am beginning to hate Hughton for what he is doing to my football club.

the problem with our team are they will be facing a attacking team today no pace to raise the tempo of the game no flair sorry to say if we go a goal down early it will be a long afternoon ,

if you play defensive its ok if you hit teams on break BUT no chance of breaking with pace with that team !!

Looks like we will be parking the bus today.  A midfield packed full of grafters.  But can they keep the ball?Can''t blame Hughton for dropping RVW.  Him and Hooper have no understanding at all.  Elmander may help Hoops receive the ball more often.Very attacking subs bench. Look forward to the 87th minute, everyone!

Would have liked to see Redmond ank Pilkington start which would have indicated that we were going to actively look at playing through midfield and atacking. The team we have gone through seems that our goal is to contain and play long balls to Elmamder to knock on to Hooper. It doesn''t fill me with confidence!!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Errr

You do realise that Wes didn''t travel in case a deal was done yesterday. He was never a part of today.[/quote]But didn''t they say last week that he was absolutely going nowhere & that he was still an important member of the squad?

I just can not see where the chances are going to come from let alone any goals. Hope he proves me wrong but that team does not fill me with any confidence.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 01/02/2014 2:33 PM:

What must johnson do to be dropped?! Wish his card hadnt been rescinded.

His pass completion rate needs to drop below 25 per cent!

Tettey and Johnson in the most unimaginative midfield combination ever.

Doesn''t this formation cry for little ol'' Wes to be played?

shame he spat his dummy out

We haven''t even bloody kicked off yet you miserable bunch, maybe we should just go home and tell Cardiff they''ve won 2-0 before they annihilate us 20-0

I''m not saying I''m ecstatic about the lineup

I''m not saying we''ll win

But if we do, these posts will be hilarious!

I think he just pull''s names out of a hat, as his team selections are nothing short of bizzare- enough is enough. Happy clappers you wait to see how were looking in the table afyter TODAY cos we were 12th now 13th and could be worse yet!!

Set-pieces could be the key to scoring today.  Bassong is overdue a goal.  Time for the captain to step up and nod one in from a corner today.

Buh wrote the following post at 01/02/2014 2:38 PM:

I''m not saying I''m ecstatic about the lineup

I''m not saying we''ll win

But if we do, these posts will be hilarious!

Why would it be hilarious? It would be bloody fantastic to take 3 points. You can not deny that this team looks to be set up to contain against the bottom of the table team? Where is the attacking intent in this team?

It would be hilarious and I''d make a montage of it and post it all over the internet to show you up. Behind the team today! Do we know what''s going to happen? Nope! But the people that have given up before we start, that says something about you as a person.

Snodgrass and Johnson - the two players who cannot be dropped no matter how dire their performance. Why? Because they work hard. And they ''cover every blade of grass''. That is the one quality Hughton is interested in. Skill? Vision? Imagination? Dirty words. People on here are always saying Fox isn''t Prem class, Hoolahan isn''t Prem class, Becchio isn''t Prem class. There is one person who is not Prem class and that is Hughton. He is totally incompetent at this level because he cannot do anything except set up a bunch of triers in a formation that is more like table football. He has the imagination of a dalek. For God''s sake, let''s get rid of him.

[quote user="Ginja"]We haven''t even bloody kicked off yet you miserable bunch, maybe we should just go home and tell Cardiff they''ve won[/quote]And that''s what Hughton''s team selection has effectively done