Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Match Thread - Cardiff City vs Norwich

The Team,

Ruddy; Martin, R Bennett, Bassong (c), Olsson; Snodgrass, Tettey, Johnson, Gutierrez; Elmander, Hooper.

Cardiff

Marshall; Fabio, Caulker (C), Turner, John; Whittingham, Medel, Mutch, Noone; Bellamy, Jones

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Zero pace or creativity in that side.... I take it we will be launching it upfield to Elmander.[/quote]

looking at the team thats the plan

Cardiff XI:Marshall; Fabio, Caulker, Turner, John;

Whittingham, Medel, Mutch, Noone; Bellamy, Jones.Lewis (GK); Campbell, Eikrem, Gunnarsson, Theophile-Catherine, Daehli, Zaha.Norwich XI:Ruddy; Martin, R Bennett, Bassong, Olsson;

Snodgrass, Tettey, Johnson, Gutierrez; Elmander, Hooper.Bunn (GK), Whittaker, van Wolfswinkel, Fer, Pilkington, Becchio, Redmond.

So the only player in the team capable of scoring is Hooper being supplied by 2 of the slowest wingers and probably the least creative midfield pairing in the league. Also going stubbornly with the tried and failed 4-4-2 again. This clown will take us down.

One if the mist baffling team selections in my 21 years of supporting City. No pace, no creativity. Never have I seen a more negative line up. I hope I''m proved wrong but I doubt it.

[quote user="JF"]So the only player in the team capable of scoring is Hooper being supplied by 2 of the slowest wingers and probably the least creative midfield pairing in the league. Also going stubbornly with the tried and failed 4-4-2 again. This clown will take us down.[/quote]
That''s a 4-5-1 formation you clown

[quote user="JF"]So the only player in the team capable of scoring is Hooper being supplied by 2 of the slowest wingers and probably the least creative midfield pairing in the league. Also going stubbornly with the tried and failed 4-4-2 again. This clown will take us down.[/quote]

Not that I want us to play 442 but this tried and failed has got us 4 points out of 6

Give it 5 minutes LDC and i''m sure you can put a positive spin on it! He hasnt got a clue.

That''s a 4-5-1 formation you clown

You can call it what you want but its 4-4-2. Elmander the big target man up top with Hooper. Elmander is hardly a attacking midfielder there to support Hooper and drop back intonthe midfield without the ball is he? But as said it has produced (luckily) 4 points out of 6 so maybe it will produce again.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m not happy with that.   Looks like a side made to contain. [/quote]So LDC, where''s your loan man Yobo who can "slot straight in" then

And if Hoolahan is not even on the bench then there is a big problem in the making there.

Should have sold him but other considerations came before footballing ones IMO.

Everyone was slagging Fer off the last couple of games and now they''re all demanding he should be in the squad, talk about fickle, I think honestly no matter what Hughton does you lot will moan and complain that it was the wrong choice.