Sign in to follow this  
Casey

We genuinely played really well today.

[quote user="Casey"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]If we keep playing like we did today we''ll have no problems.

Cardiff have got big, big problems if their two games against us are anything to go by.[/quote]

Definitely agree with this. If we continue at the standard we played at today, we''ll be fine. The fear is that we''ll resort back to old ways. And to those who are denying it, we did play excellently today, we played much, much better than the average Norwich performance.[/quote]

You seem not to have noticed that Cardiff have taken 4 points off us. How much trouble does that put us in? We obviously won''t play like we did for the last half hour today, unless of course we are losing again...

[quote user="Casey"]That is all. We played some brilliant football. We had some fantastic chances. We absolutely dominated Cardiff. Two stupid mistakes in two stupid minutes meant we went down from 11th to 15th.[/quote]All the inners were claiming it was only results that count when we were pathetic but gained points. So I really dont care how well we played today. We lost to a load of dross

The Player let CH down today. Ive joined the bandwagon of wanting him out, but after the restart the players lacked composure and let the lead slip through their fingers. We did play well and we''re unlucky not to get at least three more goals but our strikers didnt do enough for me again today when the midfield did quite well, particularly Snoddy and Jonas looked sharp.

Either way, i will be renewing my season ticket, Championship, league one, league two.

[quote user="RoyalNavyCanary92"]The Player let CH down today. Ive joined the bandwagon of wanting him out, but after the restart the players lacked composure and let the lead slip through their fingers. We did play well and we''re unlucky not to get at least three more goals but our strikers didnt do enough for me again today when the midfield did quite well, particularly Snoddy and Jonas looked sharp.

Either way, i will be renewing my season ticket, Championship, league one, league two.[/quote]

Good man RoyalNavy, and welcome to the board.

I agree about the subs being late. I felt that Redmond and Fer should have come on the second we went 2-1 down. Fer actually looks the quality player he is because he was employed in an attacking role.

Next week I want to see Fer play off Hooper. RVW needs a break don''t think I''ve ever seen a player look so devoid of confidence. He needs an arm round his shoulder right now. Can''t remember Elmander winning a header, but don''t think it was his worse performance for us.

We started well but like when we always score went too defensive and dropped too deep. The first fifteen minutes Hooper, Snoddy, Jonas, the full backs and Johnson were all pressing high up the pitch with Tettey sweeping up. Then suddenly we dropped off and allowed them to play and then they had that spell for 25 minutes in the first half and then 5 minutes in the second. Otherwise we sat with a high line and apart from a couple of counters we looked far superior to them.

Our Achilles heel all season has been dropping too deep and it has cost us another valuable three points today, that and 90 seconds of madness at the back.

I agree subs too late as per usual for CH. RVW clueless - adds nothing to the team any more . Unlucky, not to score on another day a couple of them might have gone in. Should have looked to get a second when we were one up - doubt if Cardiff would have come back.

Overall, lots of huffing and puffing not a great deal of quality but CH is happy with his squad - sure they are doing so well!!

The Inners excused earlier defeats by saying they were to teams like Arsenal, Man City etc. But of late we''ve lost to Fulham, and Cardiff, and failed to beat Sunderland and Palace.So where does that leave us ?We played pretty OK today, but even with a decent performance ,we come adrift. Sign of a team heading for relegation.

As Terry Venables used to say, playing well and getting nil points is the type of fantasy football that results in relegation.

Today was a ''must not lose'' game and we lost.

Our remaining away games are West Ham, Villa, Southampton, Swansea, Fulham, United and Chelsea. We''ll do well to get 4 points from that lot given our away record. That would put us on 28 points.

Our remaining home games are Man City, Spurs, Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom, Liverpool and Arsenal. We will have to win at least three of these and that''s looking less likely by the week.

Please God we stay up but I won''t bet the house on it.

Bizarrely, despite being a very clear ''outer'' I thought we played well today and were simply undone by a 2 minute spell of s**t, which was started through a single shocking ball from Hooper (thought he played well despite this).The subs were maybe 10-15 mins too late, but Redmond and Fer definitely added more attacking impetus (although RVW was apallingly bad), and when Newcastle peppered our goal last week it was claimed we were lucky not to be 2-3 down, yet when we do it to Cardiff then apparently we just played badly...You get get any points for hitting woodwork or forcing top class saves, but on other days those attempts could easily have gone in and we''d have been back to 2-2 and with the advantage morale wise.Jonas put in an excellent stint defensively but didn''t offer much going forwards (exactly what I expected from him), and even Snoddy had a better game. Johnson still can''t pass for toffee, Tettey was shaking off the rust and Elmander...well he''s just Elmander (send him back ffs).The problem is that we can''t maintain the standard of play we had in the last 20 mins for a full 90 mins (I doubt many teams could), but if we can do that for 50-60 mins whilst remaining solid in the other 30 then we''ll get results.Chances are however that we''ll be back to static defending next week just to try to prevent Man City from getting double figures...

We don''t look at all comfortable when a team is pressing high up against us. It''s been a real achilles heel for a long time now, we just don''t seem comfortable or able to get hold of the ball.Today we seemed to break well on a couple of occasions, but again we lacked the ability to play the ball forward into the strikers. Just before Elmander had treatment someone (Johnson or Elmander?) was in a position to put Hooper clean through, but somehow contrived to miss the opportunity.

" We started well but like when we always score went too defensive and dropped too deep. The first fifteen minutes Hooper, Snoddy, Jonas, the full backs and Johnson were all pressing high up the pitch with Tettey sweeping up. Then suddenly we dropped off and allowed them to play and then they had that spell for 25 minutes in the first half and then 5 minutes in the second. Otherwise we sat with a high line and apart from a couple of counters we looked far superior to them.

Our Achilles heel all season has been dropping too deep and it has cost us another valuable three points today, that and 90 seconds of madness at the back."

I wasn''t able to watch the second half, but it was obvious we had lost the midfield battle by about 30 minutes in - even before Zaha came on - and I''m not surprised Cardiff went on to win. Bellamy was already starting to play the role we have previously seen Hoolahan play linking up their back four and front three.

So what happened? Why can we suddenly not put four passes together, why do we suddenly resort to long kicks out of defense (which we immediately lose possession from), why do we lose every 50-50 ball in the middle of the park. From totally in control to under the cosh in under 20 minutes? Is dropping back the instructions to the team or do they just do it of their own accord?

Surfer, I would assume the dropping off is a direct instruction. It happens too often for it to be done subconsciously by 10 players.

That to me is Hughton''s biggest problem. I think he normally picks the best team available (apart from today, although to be fair to him I think he almost got it right). I think he is just a cautious manager, and that is thing I take most umbridge with.

Do I believe Hughton won''t take us any further? Yes. Do I believe we should sack Hughton? Irrelevant as it''s all too late. Will he take us down? Maybe.