Sign in to follow this  
Casey

We genuinely played really well today.

That is all. We played some brilliant football. We had some fantastic chances. We absolutely dominated Cardiff. Two stupid mistakes in two stupid minutes meant we went down from 11th to 15th.

It doesn''t get you any points though.Cardiff were terrible yet got 3 points.Never mind the quality, feel the width.

[quote user="Casey"]That is all. We played some brilliant football. We had some fantastic chances. We absolutely dominated Cardiff. Two stupid mistakes in two stupid minutes meant we went down from 11th to 15th.[/quote]All that matters is that we scored only 1 goal and conceded 2! THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TODAY!

no we didnt. we lostagainto a newly promoted team at the bottom of the table under an inexperienced manager who  had so far failed to get a win for his new clubnorwich get 0hughton out

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Great - playing well & losing will keep us in this league...[/quote]yet when we were playing badly and winning the fans said it wasnt good enough..

There was plenty of time to get back into that game.  Horrendous defending, yes.  But Cardiff were there for the taking and Norwich bottled it.

[quote user="ricardo"]It doesn''t get you any points though.Cardiff were terrible yet got 3 points.Never mind the quality, feel the width.[/quote]
Really don''t know how we lost today, clearly this game is all about luck and I think we''ve run out of it sometime ago.

We played against a manager who changed his tactics twice and beat us as a result.

We dominated them for 15 minutes after Hughton made his triple change, which came about half an hour too late.

There is only a certain number of times you can blame a lack of luck, and Hughton had used his quota of bad luck excuses by October.

We lost against the bottom placed team after fantastic performances by two Cardiff debutants, both attacking players, both of who we could have tried to sign if we wanted to.

We only played well after Cardiff had taken the lead and decided to sit on it. This allowed us to get more time on the ball and attack.

During the first half (besides the first 10 mins) and early second half we were very poor and I would say Cardiff were the better team in these periods.

I''ve been frustrated with Hughton over the last few months but not today. Not at fault. The triple sub was just what was needed. We were denied by the post a couple of times, two goals in from marginal offsides, some heroic goalkeeping from Marshall, a clearance off the line from Bellamy.

Frustrating as hell but I can''t blame the manager.

[quote user="Casey"]That is all. We played some brilliant football. We had some fantastic chances. We absolutely dominated Cardiff. Two stupid mistakes in two stupid minutes meant we went down from 11th to 15th.[/quote]yepas frustrating as the loss is

We lacked the quality yet again at the front end of the pitch, nothing new there. That''s what really grinds my gears. It''s an age old problem that should be nipped in the bud by now. Only positive is how useless Fulham are.

Played as well as we have done all season I think. Good game, but terrible defending for the madness 2 mins, and some poor finishing at the other end, and some fantastic goalkeeping, goal posts at the wrong places, etc.

Cardiff had the nous to get Zaha on loan though, what a difference if we had Zaha instead og Gutierez..

[quote user="Casey"]I''ve been frustrated with Hughton over the last few months but not today. Not at fault. The triple sub was just what was needed. We were denied by the post a couple of times, two goals in from marginal offsides, some heroic goalkeeping from Marshall, a clearance off the line from Bellamy.

Frustrating as hell but I can''t blame the manager.[/quote]

I blame whoever was responsible for not getting that key signing of a link up man right. We''d have got a result there today with the right player to bring on. RVW is clearly not up to it.

Dominated Cardiff in both games but they''ve taken 4 points off us. Scoring has become a huge problem for us even when we do create chances. Not looking good we need to get a shock result or two against the big sides.

If we keep playing like we did today we''ll have no problems.

Cardiff have got big, big problems if their two games against us are anything to go by.

[quote user="Casey"]That is all. We played some brilliant football. We had some fantastic chances. We absolutely dominated Cardiff. Two stupid mistakes in two stupid minutes meant we went down from 11th to 15th.[/quote]

Well hopefully, if we can reproduce the effort displayed today, against Man City next week.......We just may keep the score line against us down to less than double figures.... 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Great - playing well & losing will keep us in this league...[/quote]yet when we were playing badly and winning the fans said it wasnt good enough..[/quote]care to elaborate? When were we consistently bad & winning? Have we actually managed back to back wins?

Casey wrote the following post at 2014-02-01 8:53 PM:

That is all. We played some brilliant football. We had some fantastic chances. We absolutely dominated Cardiff. Two stupid mistakes in two stupid minutes meant we went down from 11th to 15th.

WE LOST AGAIN!

Or have you failed to notice that fact!

We really weren''t that bad, and if not for ex-keepers called Marshall always having the game of their lives against us the result could have been different.

However. We gave ourselves a goal headstart against a team that hasn''t won in however long and for the most part doesn''t really offer anything and we still contrived to lose. I thought we could really do with getting to halftime and regrouping, then we came out like pansies for the second half.

Suffice it to say I''m worried.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]If we keep playing like we did today we''ll have no problems.

Cardiff have got big, big problems if their two games against us are anything to go by.[/quote]

Definitely agree with this. If we continue at the standard we played at today, we''ll be fine. The fear is that we''ll resort back to old ways. And to those who are denying it, we did play excellently today, we played much, much better than the average Norwich performance.

[quote user="City 2nd"]

WE LOST AGAIN!

Or have you failed to notice that fact![/quote]

Really helpful contribution.

Its easy to look like you were good when behind in the game. Its obvious that the opposition will defend their lead and you will get more of the ball as a result.

We lost, that''s all that matters.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]If we keep playing like we did today we''ll have no problems.

Cardiff have got big, big problems if their two games against us are anything to go by.[/quote]

We lost to the bottom of the league. If we keep playing like we did today and make stupid mistakes and not take our chances to score we will be relegated. Time is running out!!