Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

Do we have the players?

A question, do we have the players who are up for a relegation battle? After the way we panicked after the first goal went in I really don''t think we have!

Maybe it''s down to lack of leadership on the field but it''s not like we have a team of under 21''s on the field.

Have we got the personalities who are up for a real fight or will they just panicked or lay down and die????

If I was in their position I would fight for everything possible!!!!

IMO no. There is no leadership when the chips are down, and the manager hardly optimises leadership qualities. Think we''ll see a win or 2 before the season ends but wouldn''t be surprised if we finish 18th or 19th.

Short and sweet... NO, there will be no heroics, no WBA style stuffing more a Fulham thrashing here on in... going down for sure.

I can''t see us winning too many games now. We have the players, but not the men. There is decent technique in the team but, also a decent inferiority complex too it seems.

So you guys left early today then? You missed the bit where we threw everything at Cardiff had World class saves pulled off, hit the woodwork twice, goal-line clearance and two goals chalked out?I''d say the reaction shown by the team today more than proves there''s enough about them for a relegation scrap.

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]So you guys left early today then? You missed the bit where we threw everything at Cardiff had World class saves pulled off, hit the woodwork twice, goal-line clearance and two goals chalked out?I''d say the reaction shown by the team today more than proves there''s enough about them for a relegation scrap.[/quote]
World class is being generous there. I didn''t miss how we only really utilised 15 minutes of a 45 minute period to attack, and left ourselves short of time to salvage anything did I?
The story of our season, we are a team that plays in patches of games, and therefore that is why we deserve to be where we are. Whether its poor decision making by the players or manager, we are united id being unable to perform for 90 minutes.

Zak Cartman wrote the following post at 01/02/2014 6:19 PM:

So you guys left early today then? You missed the bit where we threw everything at Cardiff had World class saves pulled off, hit the woodwork twice, goal-line clearance and two goals chalked out?

I''d say the reaction shown by the team today more than proves there''s enough about them for a relegation scrap.

We threw everything at Cardiff when we had to go for it again. This is Hughtons biggest downfall as a manager. He is determined to defend the slenderest of leads with so long to go in the game. Cardiff were there for the taking today and at 1-0 were on the ropes, Hughtons defensive nature means we are always unable to land a knockout blow. Its no coincidence that we never see a game home comfortably or that we have only scored more than once in a game twice this season.

" We threw everything at Cardiff when we had to go for it again. This is Hughtons biggest downfall as a manager. He is determined to defend the slenderest of leads with so long to go in the game. Cardiff were there for the taking today and at 1-0 were on the ropes, Hughtons defensive nature means we are always unable to land a knockout blow. Its no coincidence that we never see a game home comfortably or that we have only scored more than once in a game twice this season"

This - how our passing deteriorated inside a 15 minutes spell from tearing them apart to inability to put three passes together I found infuriating. The players can clearly play, but for whatever reason they go back into a shell as soon as the opposition put a little pressure on them - or is it we get on top, but then back off and encourage the opposition to play - as Cardiff then did...

Of course we responded, but that was a minimum requirement. At times, I think we conceed goals we should not and fail to score goals that we should due to a lack of belief and an inferiority complex. Its likely that this comes from the manager or other senior people in and around the team. This is what worries me, not how hard we try.