Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Once again we make poor teams look good

Well I for one never thought Cardiff looked good at any time. They had a bit of pressure but you expect that from the home team but still look odds on to be relegated.Marshall saved them again as he did at CR  It will all fall into perspective at the end of the season.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-02-01 9:47 PM:

Well I for one never thought Cardiff looked good at any time. They had a bit of pressure but you expect that from the home team but still look odds on to be relegated.

Marshall saved them again as he did at CR

It will all fall into perspective at the end of the season.

They didn''t have to look good at all - they won!

cardiff look like the worst team in the league, the caulker led defence ponderous and brittle yet after we went a goal up we did not and or were not able to press home our advantage.

We finally injected some urgency and ability to retain possession when we ended the game with the cm we should have started with. That period showed how poor cardiff were and how under performed the previous 75 mins had been.

The win was there for the taking. We must start games consistently with our best midfielders. Giving the ball to the opponent 1 pass out of three is not good enough.

Christ if Cardiff didn''t look good then we just looked a Sunday league team!

We didn''t batter them or we would have won the game first half we played well and to a reasonable standard but once again we are do predictable that every one know we will inevitably sit back on our 1 goal advantage and try and soak up the pressure for the whole second half and crumble.

We were already starting to sit back in the 39th minuet

We didn''t make them look good at all.
Their pacey players unsurprisingly beat the FBs a couple times each. That happens. Snodgrass with little pace beat the FB a few times.
We made two poor defensive mistakes/lapses in concentration to allow them to score twice.
We then somehow managed to not get the ball in the net (without being offside) despite doing seemingly everything right, bar the poor Bassong header.

splutcho my point was meant to be not saying they looked good but they made us look extremely poor.

yes at times mainly from the 79th minuet when we made three subs we looked like we would nick one back but other than we lacked alot today... again, as usual

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]splutcho my point was meant to be not saying they looked good but they made us look extremely poor.

yes at times mainly from the 79th minuet when we made three subs we looked like we would nick one back but other than we lacked alot today... again, as usual[/quote]Actually they didn''t make us look poor. They got lucky, just like we got lucky v Newcastle. It happens, suck it up. In football the best team doesn''t always win else we would win on the fixed odds every week.

Fulham and Cardiff both utter 5hite but they can both beat us , what does that tell you clever people ? because it tells me we are worse .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Fulham and Cardiff both utter 5hite but they can both beat us , what does that tell you clever people ? because it tells me we are worse .[/quote]Totally meaningless, Cardiff beat Man City yet lost to West Ham who we beat. That''s football, not easily predictable.

[quote user="splutcho"]I thought we looked pretty good really. On another day we''d have won that 4-2.[/quote]

Totally agree - deserved more from this game than we did against Newcastle midweek

I''m not a inner or an outter , but we badly needed a result today and we failed. You can look at it anyway you want, good performance or not we are now in for a massive struggle and could be easily bottom 3 as of next week. I''m normally optimistic, but I am currerntly struggling to be.

They just did a will we wont we go down poll on the wotb and almost everybody thought we were down , Hughton has been doing the same things for over a year and failing miserably , why will anything be any different in the final few games .