Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

time for the board to act is now..

I backed Hughton all of last season and have watched this season so far without passing judgement on here hoping that his team would come good, but I now feel we have no option but to replace him. It is clear that the board don''t back him based on lack of transfer activity and the players must know that. I also don''t think the team play for him, I just think they feel sorry for him. Some of his decisions have been terrible this season and we have some very good players playing well below the level they should be. The way we played for the last 20 minutes today is the way we should have played in more games this season. We need to change this now and bring someone else in, if not we are going down. HOWEVER, if the board don''t act then we have to keep backing the team and supporting them. There is no point in turning on the team and destroying any confidence they have left. If we do that then Championship is guaranteed..

[quote user="Le Juge"]The time to act was eight weeks ago.[/quote]
Exactly. We are paying the price for a massive lack of balls.

It isn''t hindsight for me, I was saying it after 10 league games. May be hindsight for you and the board of directors, and for the many members of this board who have hopped over the fence in recent weeks, but the failure to act by mid-December at the latest will relegate us and I said it at the time.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The time to act was much longer ago. Maybe about March last year.[/quote]A month before we confirmed our highest position in 2 decades, higher than when with Lamber and higher than Lamberts Massive Villa?

we will be bottom 3 next week so based on what mcnally has said before he needs to act now. I think he will..

ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-02-01 9:11 PM:

I predict that nothing will happen.

I think my friend you are heading for a big fall! And I will be the first to remind you what you have posted when the knife cuts.

well done... aren''t you clever... my point still stands that he need to go now. we can only do what we can do now..

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Le Juge"]The time to act was eight weeks ago.[/quote]
Exactly. We are paying the price for a massive lack of balls.
[/quote]This ''leaving it too late '' is clearly a malaise infesting the whole club. The board sat on their hands re sacking Hughton, just as Hughton leaves it too late to make substitutions that are glaringly obvious to all of us.Difficult to see a way out of this now. In the bottom 3 this time next week.

The time to shift him was last season, this ones hardly any different were utterly toothless under this bell. McNally''s fault first and foremost, muppet boys second. It''s Mcnally that''s failed to act here

change of manager has helped the likes of Sunderland, Cardiff and Palace. Who were the worst 3 teams in the league not long ago.

We need to change go along the same lines as this.

Hughton should have gone for the Northampton job with his other useless tools

[quote user="Long drives home"]Ricardo it amazes me how level headed you remain on here.Do you want him gone!![/quote]Im going to second my admiration on the first front, Im not too worried about the second point though.As a die hard reactionary, I will happily say I do like some perspective from others.

Unless he''s lost the dressing room, which he clearly hasn''t, sacking him now would do more harm than good imo. The time has passed and now we''ve just got to hope he and his team can keep us up.

[quote user="Long drives home"]Ricardo it amazes me how level headed you remain on here.Do you want him gone!![/quote]Makes no difference to me and it will make no difference to where we finish.In or out, what will be will be.Still a long way to go yet although by the sound of some people on here we are already relegated.I told you after 12 games it would be tight at the end and nothing has changed.

[quote user="alartz"]change of manager has helped the likes of Sunderland, Cardiff and Palace. Who were the worst 3 teams in the league not long ago.

We need to change go along the same lines as this.

Hughton should have gone for the Northampton job with his other useless tools[/quote]What do you put WHam''s latest result down to?Form goes up and down and still a long way to go.

"What do you put WHam''s latest result down to?"

The return of Andy Carroll, and if you watch MOTD tonight you will see why.

He has played the last four games, from which he has three assists, and they have two wins, one draw and one defeat.

If they had any strikers when playing us instead of playing 4-6-0 they would have beat us too.

If Andy Carroll stays fit they will stay up easy with his knockdowns to Kevin Nolan.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Time to act was 2 months ago. To act now would be a huge gamble - remember Sunderland & Di Canio?[/quote]Yes, I do remember.He kept them up.[/quote]

but then it went horiffically wrong. Do we want somebody like that? If we change, it has to be the right person coming in. There has been a lot of names mentioned but most have now found jobs. We may stay up - but what about next season?

All we have to do to avoid a situation like that is to not appoint a known psychopathic fascist with a track record of aggression and major fall outs with his players.

Doesn''t really narrow down the field too much does it Reggie?

[quote user="Le Juge"]"What do you put WHam''s latest result down to?"

The return of Andy Carroll, and if you watch MOTD tonight you will see why.

He has played the last four games, from which he has three assists, and they have two wins, one draw and one defeat.

If they had any strikers when playing us instead of playing 4-6-0 they would have beat us too.

If Andy Carroll stays fit they will stay up easy with his knockdowns to Kevin Nolan.[/quote]So calling for the sacking big Sam was not really a good idea although many thought he should go.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The time to act was much longer ago. Maybe about March last year.[/quote]A month before we confirmed our highest position in 2 decades, higher than when with Lamber and higher than Lamberts Massive Villa?

[/quote]

To be fair that statistic doesn''t tell the whole story. While we did finish higher in the table under Hughton we finished the season with more points under Lambert so it was due to other teams picking up less points over the course of the season rather than Hughton getting more out of his Norwich team than Lambert.

[quote user="RustysRevenge"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The time to act was much longer ago. Maybe about March last year.[/quote]A month before we confirmed our highest position in 2 decades, higher than when with Lamber and higher than Lamberts Massive Villa?

[/quote]

To be fair that statistic doesn''t tell the whole story. While we did finish higher in the table under Hughton we finished the season with more points under Lambert so it was due to other teams picking up less points over the course of the season rather than Hughton getting more out of his Norwich team than Lambert.[/quote]

Dress it up whichever way you want, we came higher in the league with Hughton, FACT.