Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Rvw

[quote user="Robert Barnes"]Dont now what his problem is, i just hope its lack of confidence,needs a couple of goals i think then we will see why we got him.[/quote]I think I can offer some explanation of what Ricky''s problem is as it''s an issue I suffered from as a youngster whilst trying to make it as a footballer. It''s name in layman''s terms is known as "not being very good at football". Unfortunately it''s a very difficult problem to overcome for those afflicted.

The biggest problem with Rvw is that he has come from a fairly weak league where more time is given on the ball by opposing teams,and he is not being out muscled by 6ft 3inch brick shit house defenders.If you don''t have the stature to match them,then you need the pace to go past them and he just doesn''t fit into any of those categories.That''s why you see him now trying to take snap shots from half chances that come his way.I think a goal now will do him the world of good,but i just don''t see where it''s coming from.

He may need a season to get used to this league,problem is we don''t have the time and patience needed. At this rate he could be a £3m player going back to Holland at the end of the season when we go down

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="Robert Barnes"]Dont now what his problem is, i just hope its lack of confidence,needs a couple of goals i think then we will see why we got him.[/quote]I think I can offer some explanation of what Ricky''s problem is as it''s an issue I suffered from as a youngster whilst trying to make it as a footballer. It''s name in layman''s terms is known as "not being very good at football". Unfortunately it''s a very difficult problem to overcome for those afflicted.[/quote]As was said in Reginald Perrin, "I didn''t get where I am today by not being a very good footballer." Obviously you know better than those who picked him to play for his national team,and those that valued him at £8.5m (he didn''t get that valuation by being rubbish-it''s a fair amount of money if you look beyond a Monopoly board), and those at Norwich who paid that for him. PS-As I''ve said before, Van Persie & Henry were pretty rubbish in their first seasons in the Premiership-Or were you standing by shouting how useless they were too. What about at the end of their distinguished careers?

To be honest I have given him time and although i can forgive form and confidence etc he looked like he did not care today and it was a shame he came on as he offered nothing.

He is just waiting for relegation and the cut price sell on.

If we are not going to play Wh then I would prefer fer or redmond in the am/10 position ongoing