Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

The Wolf is not up to it

Up until recently I''ve been sure that the doubters would be proved wrong and that The Wolf would come good. We paid anything from £8m-£12m for him depending on which reports you believe, so he must have some real quality right? But recently its become obvious that he is either not trying or he is just not up to playing in this league. When I watch him I see no commitment, lack of effort to win balls in the air, failure to anticipate balls coming through to him, easily gets pushed off the ball by defenders, no composure, can''t hit the ball well, the list goes on. This is not a lack of confidence, he makes little to no impact upon the team, even coming on today as a sub when he should be full of running. Seriously disappointing but I just don''t think he is up to it or Hughton is completely incapable of managing him.

Looked like a little boy lost in his few minutes on the pitch today , always thought he might come good in a more attacking team but i am doubtful now .

Yep. Becchio not even givens chance by the manager. Sometimes you have to experiment

Im afraid to say it really does look like he is uninterested and doesnt want to be here.

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, all of our strikers have struggled under Hughton''s management.

Neither is R Bennett and neither is Johnson.

Not if you really want to do something at this level.

Could probably add a couple of others in there as well.

More of a yappy yap yap Chihuahua than a Wolf....

I so want him to come good, but it''s not going to happen under the current situation and regime....sadly.... 

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, all of our strikers have struggled under Hughton''s management.[/quote]

True but at least strikers like Holt and Hooper, and even Elmander, actually make a noticeable contribution. Playing Wolf is like having 10 men.

I made allowances for him before when he wasn''t allowed in the game. But all this miss kicking, weak poor finishes, poor positioning, lack of anticipation, poor passing, lack off ball control, absolutely 0 technical ability and how easily he is brushed off the ball is nothing to do with how we play. He''s not good enough for this level. He''s got a good header and movement, that is absolutely it!

Even against Everton in the game he scored, I remember little else he did in that game. I still maintain a lucky reactionary header. Good anticipation, but I felt that it wasn''t intentionally aimed at goal, and more like he just meant to make the connection.

if anyone can look it up before we signed him I started / wrote  a post about another premiership clubs scout report on him

and why that club didn''t want him and his pros and cons if anyone can find it others knew then !

This what I think of Mr Van Wolfswinkel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4maRhzbQmE

Reimburse me the 10 quid I paid for your name on my shirt a retire back to Holland.

The BPL is the moon to you

Well obviously the worst £8.5m ever spent! After all the hype what a total let down! Wanted him to do so well for us but as someone said the other day just minces around doing nowt!!

His body language is completely different to what it was before he got injured.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Even against Everton in the game he scored, I remember little else he did in that game. I still maintain a lucky reactionary header. Good anticipation, but I felt that it wasn''t intentionally aimed at goal, and more like he just meant to make the connection.[/quote]

Anyone notice we weren''t fighting off clubs to sign him or Hooper, IMO these 2 are without doubt the worst signings we have ever had.we can''t continue like this something has to be done

Thats bloody harsh on Hooper, for 4 million he has looked a really good buy.

Hooper has been good. Really good work rate and skill and has got a few really good goals. I wouldn''t criticise him at all at the fee we paid.

Yes, let''s all blame RvW because we lost!

He came on after 78 minutes ....... what the hell were we doing before then?

No striker will ever play well with this manager''s approach to football.

Grant Holt became a shadow of himself when this manager came to the club, is that coincidence or is there a common factor?

Nobody is blaming Van Wolfswinkel for the defeat, just pointing out that his transfer fee must surely have been £8.50 and a packet of Cheese and Onion, and not the £8.5m most commonly quoted by the media.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Yes, let''s all blame RvW because we lost!

He came on after 78 minutes ....... what the hell were we doing before then?

No striker will ever play well with this manager''s approach to football.

Grant Holt became a shadow of himself when this manager came to the club, is that coincidence or is there a common factor?[/quote]

Not blaming RVW at all for us losing today. Just pointing out that he does nothing for us any day, let alone today when we are dominating for the whole time he was on the pitch (no thanks to him).

I''ve got a signed photo from RVW himself... thought he was going to be huge, alas I won''t be framing it anytime soon.

Please, please don''t let LDC here this. He''s very highly strung and won take kindly to any questioning of the abilities of the talented Mr Wolfswinkel. We all know he is a monstrously gifted player who is being let down by the rest of the players, the management team and the board. He is a quality acquisition and it will come good. No one should be making snap judgements after a mere seven months. And remember he is still recovering from a very nastily bruised toe.