Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Time to dig out the chess boards Mr Hughton.

A fella who knows a few things about winning matches is Alex Ferguson. In an interview to the telegraph he had this to say about concentration.

FOOTBALL AND CHESS: "Concentration has always been an important message for me. It''s always the last thing I talk about to the players before they leave the dressing room. Football is more and more like a game of chess, and in chess if you lose concentration for a second you''re dead."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/5251666/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Football-is-like-chess-lose-your-focus-and-youre-dead.html

Maybe it''s time to dig out the chess boards, and get them thinking for a while ?

Solsksjear got his changes spot on today.

Wasn''t afraid to make an early tactical change, and then pre-empted the onslaught by bringing on a defensive midfielder.

Interestingly Malky also made two half-time changes at Carrow Road and walked away with a point.

Hughton has been undone twice by two different Cardiff managers, both making bold early changes to their system.

Chess is the perfect analogy.

To be honest Blah, I''m not sure that now is the time to be considering our after dinner savoury offerings. Tis true that I do enjoy a nice ripe stilton after my meal , or even a soft brie with a cracker. But quite why CH should consider his cheese board when frankly he should be penning his resignation I''m not at all sure.

PS Try the Neales Yard Isle of Mull Cheddar. One of Delia''s favs.  

[quote user="Le Juge"]Solsksjear got his changes spot on today.

Wasn''t afraid to make an early tactical change, and then pre-empted the onslaught by bringing on a defensive midfielder.

Interestingly Malky also made two half-time changes at Carrow Road and walked away with a point.

Hughton has been undone twice by two different Cardiff managers, both making bold early changes to their system.

Chess is the perfect analogy.[/quote]Now if we had been 2-1 up with 25 min to go and Hughton brought on a defensive midfielder he would have got slaughtered on here for being to defensive the bloke cant win. But of course if another manager does it he is a managerial genius 

He will need to be a managerial genius to keep that lot up. They are utterly sh*t and the fact we''ve dropped 5 points to them this season is appalling.