Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

Were you not entertained ?

Great football match to watch today. So much better than that dull draw midweek.

No one can complain about Tactics.

So we are a bottom six club in the bottom six. Why is everybody so surprised? Exciting end to the season with every game bing huge. Much Better than me table boredom!

OTBC

was an entertaining game, though I would have to disagree with the tactics, the team (starting 11) was set for a draw with the hope of nicking a goal with two defensive central midfielders and Elmander upfront. It was working fine until we let the 2 goals in and it took Houghton 25 mins to change it. shows again Houghton is too slow at making decisions (though the subs were the right ones to bring on).

"No one can complain about Tactics. "

Um they can. Like how we sat doing nothing for 25 minutes after their goals before we made changes and started going for goals again.

just back from game ( I live in Worcestershire )

I would go as far as to say it was the most entertaining gave since Lambert left. Full of passion and fight,substitutions spot on. play like this and we will soon be climbing.

Really, really strange game.

We started of with nice, controlled, slick passing & gave Cardiff the runaround. We looked like a decent quality mid-table side. Scored an excellent goal & I thought we''d soon score another, game over.

Inexplicably, for no good reason I could see, we started hoofing it. It just looked mad. Even then I couldn''t see any real danger, but this is Norwich ...

After the cock-up of a (Martin''s?) poor tackle came the monumental cock-up of Hooper''s ''pass'' & they scored. It was like a bad dream. After they''d realised what had happened, they gleefully jumped all over us & scored again. The bad dream was now a full blown nightmare.

But we didn''t collapse, settled down & got on top again. Obviously though now we needed to score, not just control, so on came the subs. - possibly about 10 mins. too late, but in reality we had plenty of time to score 2 goals.

That last 15 minutes was fantastically entertaining. But also depressing. It just wasn''t going to happen, it was one of those (too frequent) days when we can''t quite squeeze the bloody ball over the line.

Bugger.

Incidentally, I''m now firmly convinced that Lambert had hit on the tactics we employed at the end as a workable game plan; if you push men forward as the game goes on, then the chances of getting hit on the break diminish as the opposition tires, &, even if they do get through, many strikers work on instinct, so when they have time to make a decision about where & when to hit the ball they either dither & get caught or fluff the chance.

I don''t know how long it would work, but it certainly worked for a season!

Yes, I was entertained. We played some effective attacking football certainly in the last 30minutes. We didnt score again this time not through ineptitude (as is usually the story) but by clear bad luck, woodwork, disallowed goals, goalline clearences - on another day with more luck we''d have won. BUT our goals came out of defensive mistakes. We did not concede those two goals as a direct result of a more attacking entertaining style. So this is not vindification for the ''lets go out terrified of our opposition and dare not attack in case of what might happen'' approach. We played very well today, we were just unlucky. We didnt lose because we attacked. Indeed we were playing with two defensive midfielders a defensive winger and arguable a defensive forward when we lost the lead

It''s ok to say it was entertaining, and keep playing like that and we''ll be ok. Even Hanson said that last night on MOTD. At the end of the day, though, its results that count and will determine whether we drop or survive. Hughton should''ve brought his subs on earlier, like said above.

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]It''s ok to say it was entertaining, and keep playing like that and we''ll be ok. Even Hanson said that last night on MOTD. At the end of the day, though, its results that count and will determine whether we drop or survive. Hughton should''ve brought his subs on earlier, like said above.[/quote]

This game reminded me of the Utd game, when bringing on Wlebeck changed the game. Cardiff bringing on Zaha undoubtedly changed the game for an influential period. Whilst he didnt actually do a great deal, it lifted the crowd and lifted the team and Cardiff finished the half the stronger. This probably meant they had a stirring half-time team talk and came out with the same impetus with which they left. Subs can change a game, Hughton regularly leaves it too late. 38 minutes was it before Solksjaer changed it? Im sure I remember Lambo changing before half time on rare occasions - would Hughton ever do this? Are we still the only team in the division not to have a substitute score?