Sign in to follow this  
pete

"If they keep playing like that they'll be fine"

Quoted Alan Hansen Match of the day on 1st February 2014.

As if City regularly play like that and this was not the first time City have put any club under sort of consistent pressure.

Maybe Cardiff at home it could be argued. But over 40 shots in two games have yielded a solitary goal against what are probably the poorest team in the league, apart from Fulham that is.

One win in 8 lets look forward to the championship now.

our problem is our strikers are struggling to score, that is why we are not winning games, our strike force have only managed 6 goal in the league, we can create as many chances a we like but if we cant convert them we wont win games

I know there is the risk of burnout but for me Redmond is by far our most effective attacking player so 15 minutes a game is a real waste

Yes, I watched MOTD too, and heard Hansen''s comments. The problem is with the word ''if'' in the sentence. I also took special note of Southampton and Sunderland during the programme. Watching them , and C Pal over recent weeks it struck me of the complete fallacy of the theory put forward by Ricardo and others that "changing the manager never makes any difference". Sunderland look reborn under Poyet, and Southampton are a totally different proposition to what they were under Adkins. Even Palace look much better under Pulis. Presumably the ''no change'' people would point at Fulham as proof of their idea, but, with respect it''s a little early to judge Meulensteen''s achievements (not to mention it ill behoves any Norwich fan to scoff at Fulham !)

But will we keep playing like that - history says we won''t.Since Boxing Day, our ratio is 2 decent performances (both of which we lost), 2 half decent performances and 5 dire performances.

[quote user="Making Plans"]But will we keep playing like that - history says we won''t.Since Boxing Day, our ratio is 2 decent performances (both of which we lost), 2 half decent performances and 5 dire performances.

[/quote]Very accurate statistical assessment, MP. But, isn''t it odd that when the people who bleat on about ''I only look at the stats'' etc are shown stats like that ,which don''t fit in with their narrow agenda, they either ignore them or go missing ?