Sign in to follow this  
Overrated, over paid

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is game over.

Very disappointing result v Cardiff in what looked like our easiest away fixture of the remaining season. Yes, there were some encouraging signs but, again, the lady they call luck failed to grace us with her presence.

This board is awash with nit picking fellow City fans squabbling like a pack of dogs over a rancid carcass. We can debate the whys and the how''s until we are blue in the face but it has never changed, nor will it change a single thing.

Whether you''re for or against the continued presence of our manager one thing is clear, we are heading out of this league. Yes, I know there are games to be played, nothing is certain, and this is a ''funny'' old game but ultimately with the fixtures ahead our very survival at the top table of English football rests on:

A) the misfortune and failure of others

B) the ability to secure a number of freak results, by that I mean our turning the form book on its head and managing to beat the unexpected.

I''m not going to bother debating where the blame lay, but the facts are that in the last season and a half we have failed to build upon what we had, we have failed to address basic issues and shortfalls, we have failed to make, as a club, any significant stand. Whether you back our manager or not, the club have failed to deal with the very real threat of relegation that has been looming pretty much since December 2012!

Right now our main problem is goals, or the lack of! We concluded our transfer window by failing to address that very obvious shortfall. The club, manager and it''s directors have deemed RVW, Hooper and Elmander absolutely capable of scoring the goals we require to maintain in the league. How on earth any sane human being let alone ''football people'' could reach that conclusion is beyond me.

I''m going to strive to enjoy the remainder of the season, I was underwhelmed when the club unveiled Paul Lamberts replacement and I take now satisfaction or enjoyment as I witness my biggest concerns and fears play out in front of me. Fellow fans, pull together, we have no voice nor influence, it''s simply a game and we must take entertainment from the dog fight that we are very much amidst,

Enjoy,

[quote user="Mrj"].

This board is awash with nit picking fellow City fans squabbling like a pack of dogs over a rancid carcass. ,[/quote]Good, colourful creative writing there by the OP.Except that, of course, unfortunately for him, it is total hogwash.

Thanks, appreciated.

Ps- I beg to differ, football fans, for the most part, are and entirely predictable breed, read any of the boards of the bottom 6 clubs and they have a distinctly familiar tone and flavour.

Agree totally and as said elsewhere the board will be totally to blame if we go down, which now looks likely. They have been blind to see the problems staring them in the face and we will pay for it.

[quote user="Mrj"]Very disappointing result v Cardiff in what looked like our easiest away fixture of the remaining season. Yes, there were some encouraging signs but, again, the lady they call luck failed to grace us with her presence.

This board is awash with nit picking fellow City fans squabbling like a pack of dogs over a rancid carcass. We can debate the whys and the how''s until we are blue in the face but it has never changed, nor will it change a single thing.

Whether you''re for or against the continued presence of our manager one thing is clear, we are heading out of this league. Yes, I know there are games to be played, nothing is certain, and this is a ''funny'' old game but ultimately with the fixtures ahead our very survival at the top table of English football rests on:

A) the misfortune and failure of others

B) the ability to secure a number of freak results, by that I mean our turning the form book on its head and managing to beat the unexpected.

I''m not going to bother debating where the blame lay, but the facts are that in the last season and a half we have failed to build upon what we had, we have failed to address basic issues and shortfalls, we have failed to make, as a club, any significant stand. Whether you back our manager or not, the club have failed to deal with the very real threat of relegation that has been looming pretty much since December 2012!

Right now our main problem is goals, or the lack of! We concluded our transfer window by failing to address that very obvious shortfall. The club, manager and it''s directors have deemed RVW, Hooper and Elmander absolutely capable of scoring the goals we require to maintain in the league. How on earth any sane human being let alone ''football people'' could reach that conclusion is beyond me.

I''m going to strive to enjoy the remainder of the season, I was underwhelmed when the club unveiled Paul Lamberts replacement and I take now satisfaction or enjoyment as I witness my biggest concerns and fears play out in front of me. Fellow fans, pull together, we have no voice nor influence, it''s simply a game and we must take entertainment from the dog fight that we are very much amidst,

Enjoy,[/quote]
I''m sure you could''ve squeezed another cliche or two in if you tried.

[quote user="Mrj"] I beg to differ, football fans, for the most part, are and entirely predictable breed, read any of the boards of the bottom 6 clubs and they have a distinctly familiar tone and flavour.[/quote]Not the issue here, MrJ . You said that this board is full of people nitpicking.And I am saying it''s not. By and large there is no nitpicking on here. Also not particularly squabbling. It may be a slight over-simplification, but basically there are two distinct groups who are coming at the problem from different angles, and a third group who are somewhere in the middle.To be fair, you tell a lot of truths in the rest of your OP.

Unfortunately for the op, the season is not done and dusted. There are some battles ahead and ten clubs in the thick of it. We are still able to perform well - as witnessed yesterday. We lost a match, that is all. There is still everything to play for.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Unfortunately for the op, the season is not done and dusted. There are some battles ahead and ten clubs in the thick of it. We are still able to perform well - as witnessed yesterday. We lost a match, that is all. There is still everything to play for.[/quote]Quarter to eleven ??!!A bit early to have been on Sunday''s cooking sherry already, isn''t it , Lakey ?

You are correct LDC, not over until the fat lady sings! Some base their position on possibilities, wow, what could happen... Like purchasing a lucky dip lotto ticket... Dare to dream.

Sadly, I''m a boring chap who operates in the realms of probability.

Maybe I need to dream more, maybe dreamers need to wake up, therein is the beauty of debate...

Ps- added a few cliches, I know they''re appreciated!

OTBC

[quote user="lake district canary"]Unfortunately for the op, the season is not done and dusted. There are some battles ahead and ten clubs in the thick of it. We are still able to perform well - as witnessed yesterday. We lost a match, that is all. There is still everything to play for.[/quote]

We will not win a single game now Lakey, face it we are stuffed.

All is clearly not well in the city camp but down that''s a bit negative (even for here).

After a nervous win at home to Hull and a point gained from a wasteful Newcastle we make a poor Cardiff look good. Not the first time this season we''ve done that by the way, it''s becoming something of a trait. Luck is one thing but when you can muster 58 shots against a team in 180 minutes and only manage one goal there''s something not right. Especially when that team has the second worst goals against tally of the league.

So here''s a potential scenario, assuming Chris Hughton keeps his job another week. We play as poorly against Man City as we did on Tuesday against Newcastle and get mullered 6-0 (or more). Hughton keeps his job "Because it''s Man City". That makes the West Ham game the latest "must win". We lose and he''s sacked.

It''s also the last chance we have to change the manager before the important run of seven games from Villa to Fulham where we need to pick up 15 or more points.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Unfortunately for the op, the season is not done and dusted. There are some battles ahead and ten clubs in the thick of it. We are still able to perform well - as witnessed yesterday. We lost a match,that is all. There is still everything to play for.[/quote]

Just a pity then that is was against a team rock bottom of the League who had not won in six. Lakey if you keep this up all day bouncing from thread to thread with your blinkered s hite I can see you flouncing off using last night''s excuse of limited internet access.

We played better than Cardiff and lost, Newcastle played much better than us but we got a draw. Sometimes the best team doesn''t win, i''m confident we''ll put in a few very average performances along the way and some how win them.

Do we deserve to stay up? truthfully not really based on a majority of performances, can we stay up still? of course we can. There are a lot of poor teams down there lets hope we are the 4th poorest at least.

I''m on an f ing smart phone.

Why people get hung up on where a team is who we are playing against I don''t know. We lost a match, thats all. Makes the run in more competitive but we have no need to be afraid of a bit of competition.

"But we''re 12th" they all said.12th wednesday, 15th Saturday, relegation zone next weekend.

[quote user="NWC"]"But we''re 12th" they all said.

12th wednesday, 15th Saturday, relegation zone next weekend.
[/quote]

And they''ll still say ''only 9 points off tenth''

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[8] We''ll keep the white flag waving here...

[/quote]

I bet if you checked your family tree Mr Nutty I can almost guarentee one of them fiddled in Rome in a raging fire!

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[8] We''ll keep the white flag waving here...

[/quote]

I bet if you checked your family tree Mr Nutty I can almost guarentee one of them fiddled in Rome in a raging fire!

[/quote]

When I traced yours I didn''t have to go back quite so far to find J. Bruce Ismay...

Agree with the OP - annoying that this has been looming since Dec 2012. Strike force has no Premier League pedigree, and Hughton has stripped the heart and guts from the team for overpriced, overpaid, under performing mercenaries.

Player for player this squad is better than our promoted side - but that team had spirit and belief, it woul wallop this years pathetic chokers.

Time for a clear out!