Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

goals on sunday

Just been laughing at how bad our "defending" was for the second goal. 5 Norwich players standing in a huddle. Only 2 Cardiff players in the box and kenwyne Jones completely unmarked. That really is schoolboy stuff. As much as I think Hughton should go this must be down to the players not following simple instructions. Also where''s our leaders pointing this out on the pitch?

Down to I am afraid a team low in confidence and no leader on the pitch, which we had when Holt was here! As a team we do not respond well to pressure, look at Newcastle game, they looked like a bunch of schoolkids against pros for most of first half.

Opposite was true first half of Cardiff game boosted by goal.

The real problem is there is no one leader in this team who takes control on the pitch and Hughton can not do it from touchline. Need to change captain now and yes manager now, but suspect as against Cardiff these subs will come too late to affect outcome!

It merely underlined what an underwhelming captain Bassong has become. He, for one, should have been taking command of the situation and been closely marking Jones.....

......unless, of course, they are instructed to keep to select zones in the six yard box........

Didn''t have a player on either post also. Really need to eliminate these pathetic mistakes to give us the remotest chance of survival.

these are player that have been playing their position for years ! bassong I would imagine has been a CB for 15 years since his youth days they all know what to do so why are they NOT doing it is the question ?

I think our coaches manager over complicated tactics might be the answer man for man is easier than zonal he is your man that''s what you concentrate on zonal if to of the other teams players are in that zone who picks up the free one ?

back to basics