Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

Sick of the Whiners on here!!

I am not Mellow anymore! I seldom post anymore either, mainly because I feel no empathy with the abusive and negative contributors. I am sick and tired of the whiners who have probably forced all the positive supporters off here by now with their negativity and abuse.  Supporters support, through thick and thin, end of! They do not constantly whine, even when we have played well and been unlucky. Before you sharpen your arrows and think I am not a supporter or I am a so called ''Troll'' whatever that is, I was standing on the Barclay and the away terraces when most of you were not even born; for years in the doldrums of the 2nd division during the 60''s when sometimes only 7,000 turned out. In those days we sang our hearts out in the Barclay and had a laugh at every game, trying to enjoy ourselves win or lose and sometimes even getting a pasting for it! Winning actually was not everything then, being part of the game was. If you think Hughton is bad you should have watched the team in those days, especially under Lol Morgan (still full respect though...cos he was doing his best). Yes I hurt bad when we lose but we have no divine right to be any better than mid-to-lower table in a division that is probably the most competitive in the world. Hughton is a decent manager, he has proved it in his time. The board are also decent people. God help us if success means being run like some of the other clubs in the league who throw money around like confetti and change their owners and managers on a whim. Give me a true community club anytime over the folly and fantasy of Pompey, Leeds, QPR, ManCity, ManUre, Chelski and even Ipshit. Be careful what you wish for!What is more, Hughton is a decent man and I am sure he hurts infinitely more than you whining morons when we lose. What he or the team do not need to constantly read or hear is the pathetic and glib gripes of so-called supporters who do not appreciate how difficult it is or what is going on behind the scenes to put it right. I don''t blame Snodgrass for having a go, its been a long time coming. I have said my piece, say yours, fill yer boots...feed off your own negativity.

I don''t think alot of us are whining, we are frustrated and passionate.

The season is ticking along and I, for one, can''t really think of many positives I can take so far.

The team look like they''ve had the life sucked out of them. I''m not whining, just concerned.

Have to agree, it''s always more fun reading the threads whining about others whining too much as it adds a delightful ironic subtext to the whole thing.

The thing is Mellow, we are only saying what we believe based on what we see, week in or week out. Very few of us are happy at the position of Norwich City but we all want them to do better than they are. And just because we criticise it does not mean that we are any less supportive of the Club & Team than you.We are all supporters of this Club but our views of how it is being run differ.Apart from the obvious, name me one Club where that is not the case.Even the most ardent fan must now understand  that the situation that lot of us have seen coming for months, is now well & truely here.And I agree that everyone involved at the Club are decent people but in football, being decent is not a quality that will get you results.

Well said opp.

We are a bottom six team in the bottom six. I am happy that we are top of the bottom six.

Too many people have unrealistic expectations. Our squad is piss poor by premier league standards, but prob just good enough to keep us up.

And Hoots is doing as good a job as possible but we have players that are so inconsistent that until we have had a few years of premier league money this is it!!

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Well said opp.

We are a bottom six team in the bottom six. I am happy that we are top of the bottom six.

Too many people have unrealistic expectations. Our squad is piss poor by premier league standards, but prob just good enough to keep us up.

And Hoots is doing as good a job as possible but we have players that are so inconsistent that until we have had a few years of premier league money this is it!![/quote]yes that dreadful inconsistency againplay Hughtons way and we are losing againattack and we look goodas to your absurd guff about "that until we have had a few years of premier league money this is it" all that will do is simply replace the players who leave or maybe you could explain why Fulham and Stoke and Bolton/Blackburn last season didn''t do what you cla

ps the only thing pisspoor is your supposed analysis

This club is heading headlong into a nasty car crash and unless someone gets hold of the wheel it will be a sad ending. This squad should be doing far far better. Ok the window has closed for new arrivals but there must be someone out there who can get a lot more out of this group of players. This bunch are well past their sell by date and it is a scandal that they are still in post

Keepthefaith is spot on.Hughton is doing a good job by getting a result when he absolutely needs it, but he is responsible for the players. It''s his tactics, his team talks, his responsibility to get the best out of the players.Clearly he isn''t, because clearly they are playing so inconsistently, and that''s costing us big time. He''s had enough time to change things, and still the players aren''t playing. 

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]I am not Mellow anymore! I seldom post anymore either, mainly because I feel no empathy with the abusive and negative contributors. I am sick and tired of the whiners who have probably forced all the positive supporters off here by now with their negativity and abuse.  Supporters support, through thick and thin, end of! They do not constantly whine, even when we have played well and been unlucky. Before you sharpen your arrows and think I am not a supporter or I am a so called ''Troll'' whatever that is, I was standing on the Barclay and the away terraces when most of you were not even born; for years in the doldrums of the 2nd division during the 60''s when sometimes only 7,000 turned out. In those days we sang our hearts out in the Barclay and had a laugh at every game, trying to enjoy ourselves win or lose and sometimes even getting a pasting for it! Winning actually was not everything then, being part of the game was. If you think Hughton is bad you should have watched the team in those days, especially under Lol Morgan (still full respect though...cos he was doing his best). Yes I hurt bad when we lose but we have no divine right to be any better than mid-to-lower table in a division that is probably the most competitive in the world. Hughton is a decent manager, he has proved it in his time. The board are also decent people. God help us if success means being run like some of the other clubs in the league who throw money around like confetti and change their owners and managers on a whim. Give me a true community club anytime over the folly and fantasy of Pompey, Leeds, QPR, ManCity, ManUre, Chelski and even Ipshit. Be careful what you wish for!What is more, Hughton is a decent man and I am sure he hurts infinitely more than you whining morons when we lose. What he or the team do not need to constantly read or hear is the pathetic and glib gripes of so-called supporters who do not appreciate how difficult it is or what is going on behind the scenes to put it right. I don''t blame Snodgrass for having a go, its been a long time coming. I have said my piece, say yours, fill yer boots...feed off your own negativity.

[/quote]

I hate whiners so you know what? I''m going to whine about it. Brilliant!!

And Hoots is doing as good a job as possible but we have players that are so inconsistent that until we have had a few years of premier league money this is it!![/quote]

We have had unfortunately on arrival we had a genius manager. Now we have 1 that has spent plenty and taken us backwards. I would guess that hughton has spent more than lambert and adopted a better squad than the terrible villa he took on. We have a manager that can''t get the best out of players through rigid actions and no self expression. Palace, Cardiff and hull should not be able to compete with us this year. Cardiff have taken 4 points from us, hull 3 and palace 1. Therefore against the 3 promoted teams we have managed just 8 points from 18! That is poor.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Keepthefaith is spot on.Hughton is doing a good job by getting a result when he absolutely needs it, but he is responsible for the players. It''s his tactics, his team talks, his responsibility to get the best out of the players.Clearly he isn''t, because clearly they are playing so inconsistently, and that''s costing us big time. He''s had enough time to change things, and still the players aren''t playing.  [/quote]oh dearthe problem is that they ARE playing .............. to his tactics, watch the bl oody game. Watch how when Hooper hit that pass for Cardiff''s Ist goal ALL of the players around him were static ...................stood still.Have you never played football at a level where a manager''s instructions and ''god'' ?Have you not listened to the numerous players making comment about these tactics ?

Just my humble opinion, no analysis.

Just look at the value of our squad compared to others in the PL. It is a poor squad for the PL.

Blaming a single person for a clubs woes is to easy. Hoots has had everything thrown at him since he arrived, most of it undeserved. We have piss poor players and are tying to stay in the PL on the cheap.

We are also an unfashionable club so have great difficulty attracting players.

And, I say it again, a piss poor bunch of players who are very inconsistent .

Give Hoots a break. Too many people on here have been on his back since day one. He will be at Norwich on day 1000 and beyond so wind it in a bit.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Just my humble opinion, no analysis.

Just look at the value of our squad compared to others in the PL. It is a poor squad for the PL.

Blaming a single person for a clubs woes is to easy. Hoots has had everything thrown at him since he arrived, most of it undeserved. We have piss poor players and are tying to stay in the PL on the cheap.

We are also an unfashionable club so have great difficulty attracting players.

And, I say it again, a piss poor bunch of players who are very inconsistent .

Give Hoots a break. Too many people on here have been on his back since day one. He will be at Norwich on day 1000 and beyond so wind it in a bit.[/quote]

exactly

To the OP, I''m sat on the train back from Cardiff having witnessed yet another poor performance, I got bloody soaked, I''m cold, hungry and utterly pissed off.

How positive do you think I ought to be?

And Hoots is doing as good a job as possible but we have players that are so inconsistent that until we have had a few years of premier league money this is it!![/quote]

Sorry but I don''t agree with this lil ol Norwich cr@p. We could and should be much higher than 15 th. think of how many games where we have under performed and not achieved what we were capable of!! Both Cardiff games, Hull, Fulham we could easily have won. That''s 12 extra points for starters.

Our squad is not piss poor. Hughton is just not able to use our squad to its strengths. Take the last 20 mins today for example. If Hoots had got the team to play like that for the whole 90 mins we would have won.

[quote user="Bury Green"]To the OP, I''m sat on the train back from Cardiff having witnessed yet another poor performance, I got bloody soaked, I''m cold, hungry and utterly pissed off.

How positive do you think I ought to be?[/quote]You saw 20 mins of how well the team can playrid us of this defeatist and we can start to approach and play games like this againotherwise if is suffolk you are heading to then you have all our sympathies

City 1st

If you have a squad of players that are are of a quality and value that is LESS than all but 2 or 3clubs in the PL why should we expect to be anywhere but where we are.

Hoots has the players holding t he expected position in. The league. The are not under performing .

If I was one of the pant wetting glass half empty minority I would be blaming the board for not giving more funds to get players in.

Did you follow your oft-repeated, patronising and tedious advice and actually watch the bl oody game City 1st?

I saw it all live and thought we played very well for most of it.

A couple of very unfortunate defensive mistakes - sh!t happens. I suspect the MOTD panel will say we were really unlucky. And we were.

Pheww I thought It said "winners", was gonna ask you who you supported ;)

The quality''s not there, we seldom score 2 goals I mean what''s not to love!!!

The 60''s mehhh things change pal. Teams in the championship don''t get the big money, money which oneday under the RIGHT manager could get us back into europe ala bayern Munich. I''m sorry I don''t like the style, tactics of hooton. However if you do like the style and tactics i''d say it''s probably you who has the problem.

Anyway I''m off to go turn my bakerlite wireless off as I''m about to stick the gramophone on for a bit.

Ciow

"Fuzzar!"  Did you follow your oft-repeated, patronising and tedious advice and actually watch the bl oody game City 1st?

I saw it all live and thought we played very well for most of it.

A couple of very unfortunate defensive mistakes - sh!t happens. I suspect the MOTD panel will say we were really unlucky. And we wereWe didn''tWe started well then after about 5 mins we sat back and let them get to usAs to watching the game then yes, and in this instance at a local club as their game was off, waterlogged pitch. Same opinion of the game from the whole room - blokes who have been in the game for a considerable time.That you cannot see what is obvious to almost everyone else is probably why folk talk down to youPerhaps you should get a grown up to explain what is going on, it isn''t that difficult once you start to get a grasp of things

Yes, I imagine you were all muttering and dribbling some old nonsense in the care home. It''s very easy to surround oneself with like-minded people.

Fuzzar   "Yes, I imagine you were all muttering and dribbling some old nonsense in the care home. It''s very easy to surround oneself with like-minded people.

like minded people is exactly thatmanager of a local semi pro club and a number of club officials and players - the latter having all been in the game for decades, of whom I respect their opinion .. more so this being about the one thing they have a consensus aboutas to me then I still play - albeit 5 a side an hour a weekafter reading your rambling nonsense I can only imagine what folk you surround yourself with - your imaginary friends in your back bedroomnow run along sonny

People say the table never lies, at the end of this season it is not going to make pretty reading. You are one of the fools that would persist with the current decline which is obvious for all to see! I don''t care what that panel say they hardly ever pay any attention to our games. Basically we scored 1 goal against a team there for the taking. I don''t care how ,Amy times we hit the post etc... Either just like the hughton defenders did not against a Newcastle side that lost 3 zip at home today. But then that was a good point at home to hughton,,

How anybody can say CH is doing as good a job as possible defies belief. And anybody who says s**t happens, just how many times does it have to happen to realise that the excuses need to end and reality needs to kick in? The number of excuses defies belief, from missed chances, great saves, money spent, bad ref, defensive lapses, posts, bars, etc. Actually we have some pretty decent players who look as much like a team on form as I look like Johnny Depp. Who exactly is to blame for that?

everyone is to blame for that, the manager and the players. But in reality we''re not doing that bad, i really don''t know what people realistically expect

like minded people is exactly that manager of a local semi pro club and a number of club officials and players - the latter having all been in the game for decades, of whom I respect their opinion .. more so this being about the one thing they have a consensus about

as to me then I still play - albeit 5 a side an hour a weekafter reading your rambling nonsense I can only imagine what folk you surround yourself with - your imaginary friends in your back bedroomnow run along sonny

It''s funny the perceptions people have of each other on here. Having read for a number of years before posting, I genuinely had you as an embittered old man, almost permanently seated on a commode.

But if you say you still manage a game of five a side a week, who am I to disbelieve you?

Well, we both know football''s all about opinions. And just because you spent the afternoon drearing at the Aylsham Second XI''s staff, or wherever, really doesn''t make your any more valuable than mine, or anybody else''s, on this forum. You must try and remember that when sneering some of your replies in general.

As for my own credentials; I only made it to the Norwich under 12s for a season in the same vintage as Phil Chapple in the late seventies, so no great shakes.

And as for the back bedroom. Well that''s occupied by my third son, also at the game today and a handy little footballer himself at the West Brom Player Development Centre.

As expected the MOTD team thought us desperately unlucky and that we''ll likely be safe if we continue to play like that. Just another opinion, of course...