Sign in to follow this  
YellowFellow

just my opinion

I started this season relativeltycontent and willing to give Hughton a chance, skowly my confidnece drained away and since losing v fulham at home i wanted him gone, even after we beat hull,just i wanted him gone but i really dont think he can be blamed for yesterday

We lost a game we could and should have won, The players didnt look low on confidence, and despite our lack of creativity we managed to create alot of good chances.

Wheres the blame on hooper for that suicidal pass across the defence

Wheres the blame for ruddy letting bellamys shot squirm under him?

or for the defence switching off whilst cardiff took the quick corner for the 2nd goal

Hughton cant be blamed fo that.

Maybe we couldve started ore attacking players but i cant beleive they would create any more chances then we did

lets have some reality. Yes we have been poor this season but lets not give up now. Fulham are bottom and have not improved at all with a new manager,Hull are dropping like a stone, cardiff r rubbish.we are better then all 3 of those sides at least

lets be positive, we have a hard run in but im pretty sure the teams below us have to play similar teams, maybe not for the last 4 games in a row, but maybe that will work in our favour

Keep the faith

support the team

and look forward to us beating villa away, and ending our fulham hoodoo, we have 3 very winnable home games left and can pick draws up. we can beat one of the top 4

Agree YellowFellow. Some of the football has been turgid this season, but we really were unlucky.

On this occasion, I don''t think it fair to blame the manager.

The manager is always to blame. It''s his team.

Yes the two goals conceded and the ball not going in (onside anyway) the other end weren''t directly his fault. But he picks the team and the tactics, he let the intensity slip after 15 mins into the game. A second goal then and we win in all probability, but no, we don''t do 2 goal leads and we don''t keep the intensity up for more than 10/15 mins whereas other teams do.

If he had made the subs 5 mins earlier rather than waiting for nothing to happen, we''d have had 5 more mins of Redmond and Fer ripping them apart,

Hughton makes the decisions on personal and tactics. He can''t be necessarily blamed for individual mistakes, but yet again subs were too late, yet again we failed to keep pressing just for an extra five minutes when on top. Yet again we came out at HT half asleep. All things the manager can be blamed for. He was unlucky yesterday, but for me it''s just another example of why he isn''t the man to take is forward unfortunately.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 2014-02-02 3:23 PM:

The manager is always to blame. It''s his team.

Yes the two goals conceded and the ball not going in (onside anyway) the other end weren''t directly his fault. But he picks the team and the tactics, he let the intensity slip after 15 mins into the game. A second goal then and we win in all probability, but no, we don''t do 2 goal leads and we don''t keep the intensity up for more than 10/15 mins whereas other teams do.

If he had made the subs 5 mins earlier rather than waiting for nothing to happen, we''d have had 5 more mins of Redmond and Fer ripping them apart,

Hughton makes the decisions on personal and tactics. He can''t be necessarily blamed for individual mistakes, but yet again subs were too late, yet again we failed to keep pressing just for an extra five minutes when on top. Yet again we came out at HT half asleep. All things the manager can be blamed for. He was unlucky yesterday, but for me it''s just another example of why he isn''t the man to take is forward unfortunately.

You really are a t**t ........have you seen the replays! it was a clear! very very clear! offside as muster by one Darrel Russell commentating on the match! and MOTD.

FFS take off those yellow and green spectacles you idiot, you make yourself out as a messiah, you are a complete idiot if you cannot see what is before your very own eyes!

What?

I honestly don''t understand what you are saying there.

Yellow and green specs? Where? What? Offside as muster? What was clear? I don''t make myself out as a messiah, I actually hate myself and would quite like to throw myself off a bridge. But whatever.

Yes the two goals conceded and the ball not going in (onside anyway) the other end weren''t directly his fault.

Errr GP, it''s the ''onside anyway'' bit that gives the game away!!!

I understand that people can disagree, but why bad language? It just diminishes any good points to an argument. Also I cant see why the op deserved such a hate filled response. I suppose fans turn against each other when we lose, and don''t visit the board vwhen we win (except to engage in personal vendettas).

What game?

I still have no idea what you''re going on about, what your opinion is or what you agree/disagree with,

We scored two offside goals. What''s the problem?

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 2014-02-02 3:47 PM:

What game?

I still have no idea what you''re going on about, what your opinion is or what you agree/disagree with,

We scored two offside goals. What''s the problem?

I rest my case!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What?

I honestly don''t understand what you are saying there.

Yellow and green specs? Where? What? Offside as muster? What was clear? I don''t make myself out as a messiah, I actually hate myself and would quite like to throw myself off a bridge. But whatever.[/quote]

"Would like to throw myself of a bridge" Get a grip you pathetic little boy!!!!!! Man up or STFU!!! What about the kids fighting leukemia, people your age fighting for this country, all you do is sit behind a p.c all day yet "your depressed you hate yourself" boo hooo sort it out!!

Do you know the first thing about my life?
No, you don''t. So If I were you i''d STFU as you don''t have a clue what you''re talking about.

Of course the Manager can and should be blamed.The OP asks where''s the blame on Hooper for making a suicidal pass across the defence? The point is Hooper is not a defender, he should not have been back helping out the defence. His job was to be up front and snatch the second goal which would probably have killed the game. I did not notice Hooper rushing back to help out the defence in the first half at all. Yet just 10 minutes after the Managers half-time talk, there he is in the left full-back position. Footballers generally play to instructions and although none of us can know what was said at half-time, it is fair to assume, with what we know about the Manager''s negative outlook, that the forwards were told to get back and help out the defence in order to try and cling on to our one goal lead.The Manager can and should be blamed for the team he picks. Our initial line-up was defensively minded. If you are playing the bottom club, then it makes sense that one of your central midfidlers has an attacking mindset and an attacking brief. Fer''s poor performances recently are a direct result of him being shackled too deeply in a more defensive role. He is at his best when he is attacking the opposition from the edge of the box and his impressive goal tally for previous clubs underlines this. Just look at the difference he made when finally released to come on and play in that role yesterday. Let us just hope that the clueless one actually manages to get a clue from the way that we went at Cardiff in the last 15 minutes once he finally decided to put more attacking players on the pitch and removed the defensive shackles from Fer to allow him to show what an a potent attacking force he is capable of being, when allowed.

I know you need to man up little boy. It''s a football forum NOT a forum for finding an off duty samaritan ok sulky little jessie

I think you''ll find i''m not sulking. I''m actually trying to stop others from sulking.
And telling me to man up is just hilariously hypocritical.

Yeah course gp I mean I''m always writing pathetic suicidal threats on here arnt i?? Oh no I don''t. Cheers anyway

Definitely agree with BB about the starting line-up yesterday. I don''t think you can start a game against the bottom club who are in terrible form with Tettey and Johnson, that shows absolutely no attacking threat. When you are looking at our team this year, the one thing we have been missing is a creative spark from midfield. At the start of the season it looked as though Fer would be that man, he was playing a lot higher, supporting the strikers....slowly he has been dropping further and further back and now he seems to operate more as a defensive midfielder. I imagine we bought Fer because he was as close to a complete midfielder that we could afford. However now he is just another midfielder who has had his creativity shackled. I think this is why most people have a problem with Hughton, look at early season Fer, and even early season Ricky before the injury, his movement was outstanding. Now it seems all he is asked to do is track back and tackle. When he is up top, he is isolated, playing balls into his feet with his back to goal is a terrible idea, if you watched him at sporting he was always on the shoulder, relying on those midfielders getting forward in support. I hate being negative about this team, I go to the games for the enjoyment and to support the club through any problems, you won''t catch me booing any of the players or the manager, but I feel we have the players in place, we just need to play to their natural strengths.....Hughton seems to be trying to hammer the circular beg into the square hole, while the circular peg is sitting right next to him.

YellowFellow said "lets have some reality. Yes we have been poor this season but lets not give up now. Fulham are bottom and have not improved at all with a new manager,Hull are dropping like a stone, cardiff r rubbish.we are better then all 3 of those sides at least."

We ought to be better, but we have taken 1 point from two games with Cardiff, and managed only one goal in 180 minutes, and a similar result against Hull, even if it meant 3 points.

Our salvation should be in beating sides like these. I accept that some teams at the bottom are improving and getting good results, but we are not, and Fulham have better prospects than before. The two errors gifting the goals yesterday are symptomatic of our season.

This has gone on for so long now, even in the odd matches we have won, that it is difficult to be optimistic.

[quote user="YellowPride88"]Definitely agree with BB about the starting line-up yesterday. I don''t think you can start a game against the bottom club who are in terrible form with Tettey and Johnson, that shows absolutely no attacking threat. When you are looking at our team this year, the one thing we have been missing is a creative spark from midfield. At the start of the season it looked as though Fer would be that man, he was playing a lot higher, supporting the strikers....slowly he has been dropping further and further back and now he seems to operate more as a defensive midfielder. I imagine we bought Fer because he was as close to a complete midfielder that we could afford. However now he is just another midfielder who has had his creativity shackled. I think this is why most people have a problem with Hughton, look at early season Fer, and even early season Ricky before the injury, his movement was outstanding. Now it seems all he is asked to do is track back and tackle. When he is up top, he is isolated, playing balls into his feet with his back to goal is a terrible idea, if you watched him at sporting he was always on the shoulder, relying on those midfielders getting forward in support. I hate being negative about this team, I go to the games for the enjoyment and to support the club through any problems, you won''t catch me booing any of the players or the manager, but I feel we have the players in place, we just need to play to their natural strengths.....Hughton seems to be trying to hammer the circular beg into the square hole, while the circular peg is sitting right next to him.[/quote]

You attack as a team and you defend as a team. If you think the strikers of the big teams spend all their time in the opposing half you aren''t watching the game.Even going back to the good old days Grant Holt would be back defending when required. It''s part and parcel of the modern game, if your midfielders can''t control the centre of the field you either have to go long or drop your strikers deeper. If you don''t you get ripped apart by the superior sides.

I agree it is part of the game Ricardo, but what I meant by "now it seems all he is asked to do" is that he seems to have little license to do his actual job which is to score goals. Strikers defend when they need to, but I watch a lot of football and although that''s part of the game, they main duty is still to be the front line of attack and defending is their secondary job. Ricky spends most of his time defending when he doesn''t need to, which means when we get the ball he is 30 yards further back than where he needs to be.

I''m certainly not arguing he should put his shift in, but as mentioned.....that shouldn''t be his primary job.

[quote user="YellowPride88"]I agree it is part of the game Ricardo, but what I meant by "now it seems all he is asked to do" is that he seems to have little license to do his actual job which is to score goals. Strikers defend when they need to, but I watch a lot of football and although that''s part of the game, they main duty is still to be the front line of attack and defending is their secondary job. Ricky spends most of his time defending when he doesn''t need to, which means when we get the ball he is 30 yards further back than where he needs to be.

I''m certainly not arguing he should put his shift in, but as mentioned.....that shouldn''t be his primary job.[/quote]

The strikers have had so few chances it''s no wonder they are lacking confidence. The wingers have been poor in their delivery and the midfield have not controlled enough of games to get the ball to the front men. With 14 games left it''s going to be all about concentration and courage and not so much about formations and tactics.

The Fer issue has been really annoying. he is not a holding midfielder. He is actually not disciplined enough to play that role and yet even when he has played alongside Johnson, Johnson has often been the one playing the advanced role of the two. Its a bit like what we were doing with Howson last season until he was finally given more freedom and went on a run of scoring goals. I really don;t understand it. fair enough the absence of Tettey and Howson has been a mitigating circumstance this season but he has simply not been setting up the players we have in the way that gets the best out of them.

The Redmond thing also annoys me, Yes he''s inconsistent and his end product is not always there but what he is is a threat and a player that opposition defenders are wary of because of his pace. He should have been starting that game yesterday. Thats nothing against Gutierez who looks a solid and composed player who will come in useful but the fact is against the weaker teams we should be making them worry about us and not the other way round. Again yesterday we did not do that until it was too late. The starting 11 actually did well given the limited attacking ability within the line up but we were unable to capitalise on our obvious early superiority because (i) we started to ease off and (ii) we did not have the right players on the pitch to do so,

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="YellowPride88"]I agree it is part of the game Ricardo, but what I meant by "now it seems all he is asked to do" is that he seems to have little license to do his actual job which is to score goals. Strikers defend when they need to, but I watch a lot of football and although that''s part of the game, they main duty is still to be the front line of attack and defending is their secondary job. Ricky spends most of his time defending when he doesn''t need to, which means when we get the ball he is 30 yards further back than where he needs to be.

I''m certainly not arguing he should put his shift in, but as mentioned.....that shouldn''t be his primary job.[/quote]

The strikers have had so few chances it''s no wonder they are lacking confidence. The wingers have been poor in their delivery and the midfield have not controlled enough of games to get the ball to the front men. With 14 games left it''s going to be all about concentration and courage and not so much about formations and tactics.[/quote]

That is definitely a problem, but when we do put decent balls in the box, we have one, maybe two players in there. I remember a few good balls coming in against Newcastle and Hull, and Hooper may have been the only player in the box. Ricky was usually out wide having had to come back and defend. Fer needs to play a more advanced role.

I really wouldn''t be against playing Johnson and Tettey in central midfield and playing Fer just behind Hooper in an attacking midfield role. Just to see how he does with a little less defensive responsibility.

I blame the manager for not making a substitution until the 75th minute.

50-75 mins we were not in the game and were losing to the bottom side. Be bold.

[quote user="ricardo"]Even going back to the good old days Grant Holt would be back defending when required. It''s part and parcel of the modern game, if your midfielders can''t control the centre of the field you either have to go long or drop your strikers deeper. If you don''t you get ripped apart by the superior sides.[/quote]Well, Cardiff are not a superior side, they are a far weaker side.  I think Hooper was back post-corner. I wouldn''t expect him to be level with our penalty box in many other circumstances.