Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Where will 12 points come from ? What are the most winnable matches ?

Looking at away form over the season for our opponents in the home fixtures that are left, I''d say that Stoke and West Brom are our most winnable home matches. Oddly, Sunderland are nearly as good as Liverpool away from home this season.

Norwichs'' home record : 4 - 4 - 4

Team - W D L

Man City - 6 2 4

Spurs - 8 2 2

Stoke - 1 2 9

Sunderland - 3 4 5

WBA - 1 6 5

Liverpool - 4 3 4

Arsenal - 8 2 2

The home records of the teams left to play away aren''t all that great either. You would hope for points from West Ham, Villa, Swansea,

and definitely Fulham, who hopefully will be dead and buried by the time we play them.

Norwichs Away record : 2 - 2 - 8

W. Ham - 3 3 6

A. Villa - 3 2 7

Soton - 5 4 3

Swansea - 3 4 5

Fulham - 3 1 8

Man U - 6 2 4

Chelsea - 10 2 0

The best we can hope for is about 12 / 15 points I reckon on the basis of the form of these teams. It''s going to be tight.

You really think well definitely get points from Fulham? They''re our bogey team. And villa have already beaten us at home, with a manager who never loses to his old clubs. What makes you think we''ll beat them? We needed to be taking advantage of so many games already this season when we should have got points, but didn''t. Villa, Hull, to name but 2. If we''d only won those games ''ey? Everyone would be a lot more relaxed now. But as so many said at the time, it''s ok, they were so early in the season. These games won''t relegate us.

Blimey! Do you wish you hadn''t posted Blah?

In the previous 14 games we have won 13 points. So I have no idea which individual fixtures i''m still confident we will pick up at least 12. Maybe more.

Will we get a win against one of the big clubs ?As to points it looks that there could be around a half a dozen clubs (if not more) relegated this season as the PL bows to pressure from certain fans that the rule that any club finishing on less than 40 points is automatically relegated.A rule that has not been implemented until now.It could prove fatal to us.

iu wondered about that City1st. Whatever criteria you measure form there''s at least half a dozen clubs doing as well/poorly as us. If they change that rule they won''t need to implement the championship play-offs.

And yes we will pick up unexpected points between now and the end of the season.

[quote user="City1st"]Will we get a win against one of the big clubs ?As to points it looks that there could be around a half a dozen clubs (if not more) relegated this season as the PL bows to pressure from certain fans that the rule that any club finishing on less than 40 points is automatically relegated.A rule that has not been implemented until now.It could prove fatal to us.

[/quote]I reckon 7 or 8 could go down if that''s the case.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So do I.

[/quote]As always, I just hope for the best.No point in doing otherwise.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So do I.

[/quote]As always, I just hope for the best.No point in doing otherwise.[/quote]

If board/Hughton/players gave up now the same people giving up on here would be sthqueaming[:''(]

For me,

There are games you can look at that are winnable,

West Ham Away, Stoke Home, Swansea Away, Wes Brom Home,

and two more that we could win but probably won''t,

Sunderland Home and Villa Away.

All the remaining games,anything we get is a complete bonus, and I include Fulham away in that, those that think we will definately get something at Craven Cottage have no idea at all... We are terrible there.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So do I.

[/quote]As always, I just hope for the best.No point in doing otherwise.[/quote]

If board/Hughton/players gave up now the same people giving up on here would be sthqueaming[:''(]

With their failure to act are you sure the Board haven''t already given up , as for Hughton he has nothing to offer that we would miss if he did give up .

[/quote]

" those that think we will definately get something at Craven Cottage have no idea at all... We are terrible there."

1986 we last won there, wasn''t it ? With this seasons'' home record, I reckon it''s about time that changed.

Care to take a bet that we win that one, Daz ? :)

Dear Mr Buzz Killington,

Please consider anger management.

In my opinion there are games we will win. Maybe as many as 5, or as few as 2.

If a professional athlete went into the Villa or Fulham games with your attitude, they would be guaranteed to walk away from those games pointless.

"Blimey! Do you wish you hadn''t posted Blah?"

It''s good to see that some things haven''t changed around here, eh nutty :). And nice to see that you''re still volunteering in the mental health sector on this forum ;)...

For me,

There are games you can look at that are winnable,

West Ham Away, Stoke Home, Swansea Away, Wes Brom Home,

and two more that we could win but probably won''t,

Sunderland Home and Villa Away.

All the remaining games,anything we get is a complete bonus, and I include Fulham away in that, those that think we will definately get something at Craven Cottage have no idea at all... We are terrible there.

Daz, this seems reasonable and if achieved would give us 14 points assuming draws against Sunderland and Villa. That would give us 38 points and will probably be enough this season.

I wouldn''t rule out a point at Southampton either.

Guess what, we can win all of those games. Maybe this is the mindset us fans need to adopt to help push the boys over the line. Maybe we need to pull together as a club and do the best we can and stop being so bloody negative.

Blah, if I was angry, I''d have used one of those lovely red faces. Maybe you should discuss the point, rather than try and insult anyone who doesn''t agree with you. Just so you know, this is also not an angry post. Just words on a screen.

I''m also not a professional athlete, and I guess very few of the poster on here could honestly say they were. I just struggle to see your ''we''ll definitely get points from Fulham, hopefully they''ll be dead and buried by then'' comment. This is a discussion forum, isn''t it? Or just a hurl abuse at other posters forum?

To be fair I over-reacted to your comments Buzz, maybe I should try some anger management myself :) - it frustrates me when I try to see where the points are coming from using the facts of the situation, e.g. the league records at home and away for the clubs involved, and get replies like "they''re our bogey team" or "they''ll beat us because they hate us" - these things matter not on the match day. Lambert and our board might not be best friends, but I doubt Agbonlahor and friends give a monkeys, we''re just another team.

Phrases like "bogey team" get bandied about, and can be self-defeating and self-fulfilling. I wouldn''t read anything into the previous capitulation at Craven Cottage in the "greatest knockout tournament in the world", as obviously nobody gives a monkeys about it at Norwich City. For the blokes you will probably travel to support, I hope that Fulham will be just another game they will try to win (and on recent evidence they are trying), and the "bogey team" thing will be 20 seconds of filler for Lineker on Match of the Day.

...and it wasn''t "we''ll definitely get points from Fulham", it was "I would definitely hope to get points from Fulham". And given their home record this season and current league position, I don''t consider that unreasonable.

"Guess what, we can win all of those games. Maybe this is the mindset us fans need to adopt to help push the boys over the line. Maybe we need to pull together as a club and do the best we can and stop being so bloody negative"

Yes Feathers. This.

Agreed Ron.

I''ll probably get shot for saying this on here, but would it be reasonable to point out that West Brom, who are 1 point behind Norwich in the league, got a draw at home to Liverpool today ?

Points can be gained from the most unlikely places.