Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Still Nothing so he gets yet another chance

What a shambles of a board, Still nothing I thought they just may have been waiting for today to clear their heads and dot i''s and cross t''s. Unfortunately they have decided to do nothing and watch this great club go back to the championship under our excuse for a manager. I am speechless, I cant think of a single other club that would not have acted given, form, results and performances. Then again they have form at this, so we should really have known. They will wait till its too late and things turn nasty! Maybe they like Wednesday nights in the cold at Doncaster etc...

He isnt going to go this season, they have left it too late and now we are not an attractive prospect for any potential managers. We just have to hope that by some miracle he turns it around and we scrape through.

Something seems very wrong about the club right now , heading for relegation and not lifting a finger to try and rescue us be that new players or a new manager (how has he survived so long with such a crap record ) .Relegation is a fate worse than death we were told , all i can say is McNally must have one hell of a death wish .

So we are going to accept relegation? Because that is a formality under him now.  The club needs a change if only to try and get a few points under "new manager syndrome" Sunderland did it last year with Di-Canio and he is hardly a good manager!I think we would have a better chance of survival under Adams!

I believe we need fresh impetus to give us a chance but clearly the board don''t. All we can do is try to make every match a cup final now.

I''m not convinced that a change of manager is worth it now that we can''t change any personnel.

The decision to stick by Hughton was confirmed as soon as the transfer window opened with him as manager.

Yes, sadly it is too late now. The Board should have acted a long long while ago. People wanted to give him a chance at the start of the season, some people said 6 games and others 10 games. After 10 games nothing had really changed from the negative attitude of last season, but still some were wanting to give him more time, stating that various games were "must win games". Unfortunately when faced with a must win game, Hughton invariably changes his mindset and comes up with a result. Which explains why we are where we are now. The frustrating thing about it all is that when his job is well and truly on the line, he CAN pick the right team and motivate them to get a result, so why can he not do it in a match where his job is NOT on the line. The players obviously have the capability, Chris Hughton obviously has the capability to get a result when it really matters to him to do so. Unfortunately when his job is not under serious threat from the next result, he reverts back to being Cautious Chris.If he were to put as much determination into winning every match as he does into saving his own skin, we would probably be sitting in the top half of the table now.I don''t know if he is trying to fool himself or the fans, but if we had got the points he has said we deserve, in his post-match interviews this season, we would be top of the league. If he has convinced himself that we are consistently unlucky and consistently not getting the points our play deserves, then he is in denial and will continue to make the same mistakes hoping that his luck will change

The board have no reason to sack Hoots while he is achieving . We are a bottom six club in a position that is representative if the poor squad we have.

We are still three points from tenth!!! Get a grip drama queens.

A small minority of vocal supporters are not representative of the majority of supporters..... If you can call yourselves that!

Get realistic and stop making a crisis out of nothing. We will stay up and can expect much the same next year.

Keep The Faith, you talk some rubbish.

Firstly, we are underachieving. Our turnover is similar to that of Stoke, and believe it or not bigger than that of Aston Villa.

Our "poor squad" was built by Hughton.

We are 2 points from the relegation zone.

Those unhappy with Hughton are NOT a minority any more, and have not been for some time now.

Hughton is not achieving because his target was ''continuous improvement''.

15th with the possibility that we could be 17th come 3.30pm is not improvement, it is decline. Last season we finished 11th, the year before that 12th.

Some teams have shown improvement this season (Stoke, Villa, Newcastle to name a few). We have not, we have shown the opposite.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]The board have no reason to sack Hoots while he is achieving . We are a bottom six club in a position that is representative if the poor squad we have.

A small minority of vocal supporters are not representative of the majority of supporters..... If you can call yourselves that!

Get realistic and stop making a crisis out of nothing. We will stay up and can expect much the same next year.[/quote]Hughton has done nothing but fail for over a year now , you are either thick , blind or both .

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]

A small minority of vocal supporters are not representative of the majority of supporters.[/quote]Curiously this minority stay silent at Carrow Rd and in the pubs before and after the game. I have yet to hear anyone speaking up on behalf of Hughton, or any anecdotal evidence that there are those undecided.Recent polls have shown the overwhelming majority want him out - yet we still get these idiotic bleats from a couple of trolls.Keep the Failure being one in particular - a mite bit more credibility might be attached to his ramblings were he to tell us who he was before his most recent transformation ........Joanna Grey most likely.One small squeak amongst the multitude who don''t think that we should be ever so ''umble about our supposed inferior squad and that we should be grateful for having a failing manager .The majority believe that we have some cracking players, a well run club and superb supporters who fill out Carrow Road week after week - now let''s get a manager fit for that set up.

How have stoke and villa improved there incredibly close to us and in a similar position, newcastle improved this year but drastically fell of in compared to 2 seasons ago, villa have not really progressed under lambert either

Stoke are subsidised by the owner of bet 365 and Lerner has pumped 250m into villa and you can carry on so Norwich are outperforming with their available budget. Its surprising that there is some on here that do not have a perspective on the reality.

We need f five wins, or equivalent in points, and sadly the possibility is diminishing week by week, as we look at the next fixtures, never mind the final run-in.

Would it help if Hughton went immediately. I suspect it might, if some newcomer could motivate, play in a style with which our players are comfortable and use sensible tactics.

I can''t see this happening. In the past the Board of a family club hesitated fatally over Worthington, and we know the result - wilderness. Are they too nice to consider removing that nice Mr. Hughton, or completely under the manager''s spell?

Whatever, I have almost resigned myself to relegation. After 180 minutes against Cardiff, the team conceding most goals in the Premiership, we managed one goal. The manager has to take off the kid gloves and train to some effect - have extra training on their golf or leisure days until they learn to pass, run into space, and head and shoot effectively. At the moment they are not doing these at all well.

[quote user="Long drives home"]What a shambles of a board, Still nothing I thought they just may have been waiting for today to clear their heads and dot i''s and cross t''s. I am speechless,

[/quote]What made you think anything was going to happen?It will be a major surprise if anything happens at all this season.There could be a small possibility of a change if we lose at WHam but it''s less than a 20% chance IMO.Looks like I''ve been right all the way down the line and If he negotiates the WHam game and we survive I''m willing to bet he will still be here in August.That''s how I see the picture.

It''s thoroughly unacceptable the position mcnice Delia and co have allowed us to get into. Idiot should of been sacked last season but everyone gave it the "it''s too late in the season now" mantra. Now I''m hearing it again this season. Add all these performances together Cardiff X2, hull, LUTON, even the continuous losses to his predecessors team, man city''s thumping of us, Fulham. Then there''s EX players and current players complaining about the pathetic tactics on show. The man is utterly clueless oh but he''s "nice" WTF does that matter, I wouldn''t care if he was the most horrible person in the clubs history if we could WIN games under him.

He knows his best attacking team as he put em on for 25mins yesterday Which beggers the question........WHY DIDN''T HE START WITH THEM AGAINST A GUTLESS (until our game) CARDIFF????? because deep down he would of been happy with a "well earnt point away from home to a top team blah blah bloody blah"

The bloke makes Roeder look like pep guardiola

at least you have stopped swearingnow more importantly what has happened to that cat ?or Dimbo Canary come to that ?

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]The board have no reason to sack Hoots while he is achieving . We are a bottom six club in a position that is representative if the poor squad we have.

Get realistic and stop making a crisis out of nothing. We will stay up and can expect much the same next year.[/quote]

The Li''l old Norwich''s supporters club chairman???? Certainly sound like it. "A bottom 6 club" whatever its idiots like you who have held the club back for years. Are Everton a top 4-5 club??? NO well they best sack martinez then. How dare people dare to dream!

Back accusing everyone of being Wiz, the problem is all its done is highlight the fact that your WIZ and this was proven yesterday with the "I play football every weekend" carp you were spouting. It''s obvious to the forum that your an elderly gentleman (like wiz) also you talk out your rectum (like wiz) 2 + 2 = 4. Unlucky!!! How''s the wensum stand?? And the stadium with no roof???

Get realistic and stop making a crisis out of nothing. We will stay up and can expect much the same next year.[/quote]I woould love some of what your on, then again actually I wouldn''t, seriously what planet are you on? Achieving my A***

Your expectations for this season are unrealistic. The boards expectations are being meet. We are above the drop zone and only 3 points form tenth.

Many people have had it in for hoots from day one because they are lovesick. He has achieved. Staying in the PL should not be underestimated.

I agree t he style of play is very boring at times but when we have our best players available, fingers crossed for the rest of the season, we are ok. Added to the 3 or 4 coming back form injury we also have the 2 loanese so should make for a far more interesting second half,

Buckle up and enjoy the ride. We are matching the 10 or so sides that are our about our equal. We should stay up and I expect hoots to be here next year!!!!

My gut feeling is if we are in the bottom 3 for two weeks running he will be gone, as i suspect there is some clause in his contract making it easy for McNasty to do it then.

Poor squad? Jesus Christ.

If you think this one is poor what did you make of the one that managed to the one that managed to win 12 games, score 47 points and find the net over 50 times that contained the likes of Marc Tierney, (an ageing) Adam Drury, Zak Whitbread, Elliott Ward, Leon Barnett, Simon Lappin, Andrew Crofts, Andrew Surman, Simeon Jackson, Steve Morison and Aaron f**king Wilbraham?

Poor squad my @rse. The fact is this squad is underachieving and there''s only one reason for that and we all know what it is.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Poor squad? Jesus Christ.

If you think this one is poor what did you make of the one that managed to the one that managed to win 12 games, score 47 points and find the net over 50 times that contained the likes of Marc Tierney, (an ageing) Adam Drury, Zak Whitbread, Elliott Ward, Leon Barnett, Simon Lappin, Andrew Crofts, Andrew Surman, Simeon Jackson, Steve Morison and Aaron f**king Wilbraham?

Poor squad my @rse. The fact is this squad is underachieving and there''s only one reason for that and we all know what it is.[/quote]
.... it couldn''t be could it?..... someone talking sense?..... By god so it is!
We really over achieved that first season how dare we!! I bet KTF was distraught once we passed the 40 point mark!

KeepTheFaith wrote the following post at 02/02/2014 5:34 PM:

Your expectations for this season are unrealistic. The boards expectations are being meet. We are above the drop zone and only 3 points form tenth.

Many people have had it in for hoots from day one because they are lovesick. He has achieved. Staying in the PL should not be underestimated.

I agree t he style of play is very boring at times but when we have our best players available, fingers crossed for the rest of the season, we are ok. Added to the 3 or 4 coming back form injury we also have the 2 loanese so should make for a far more interesting second half,

Buckle up and enjoy the ride. We are matching the 10 or so sides that are our about our equal. We should stay up and I expect hoots to be here next year!!!!

Not by the boards own comments are their expectations being met. They said they are after season on season improvement. This season we have spent £27 million and gone backwards.

I think this is the scenario too, Which is what the most infuriating

thing is. So we are going to sacrifice years in the Prem and 100s of

millions of pounds to gamble on this clueless buffoon. Whatever the

clause just pay it and get rid so we can get back to winning again. This is typical incompetence from Norwich as per, every time we have a chance of a rosy future we toss it away. To think that Crystal Palarse will be gracing the prem for years and we will be loaning players off them makes my skin crawl! Its a complete joke, Bloody clause, the future of the club is in this persons hands!

The supposedly clueless mgr was the second most effective mgr in the prem given his budget last season and is outperforming his budget this season so calling the mgr clueless is just miserable ignorant ungrateful abuse.