Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Any hughton out chants at end ?

[quote user="yellowngreen"]No we played well[/quote]Yeah so well we lost to the team at the bottom that had lost 5 and drew 1 of their last 6. Played well my arse

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="yellowngreen"]No we played well[/quote]Yeah so well we lost to the team at the bottom that had lost 5 and drew 1 of their last 6. Played well my arse[/quote]

So were there any chants?

Sorry to disappoint, but there were no Hughton Out chants at all. The players were applauded off by all at the end.

They really played very well and deserved at least a draw. It was only Hooper''s unfortunate pass across the back four that let them back into the game, which was a shame.

No point, the board know what they want and will decide when the time is right for them! Just adds more to the negative elements and reinforces other teams when they play us.

On a side note, I am disapointed not to have seen the match but look forward to watching given the comentry on Norfolk this afternoon. Sounded like the last 20 odd minutes we played with the attacking freedom most on here including myself know this team is capable of, when the shackles are off. Unlucky  but the passion and ability was there just some good defending and goalkeeping kept us out! How novel to take siege to a team for the last 20 minutes and give it a real go! 

Yeah like the previous manager managed to to get the team to do for 90+5 minutes religiously, now tho we thank the lord that we got 20 minutes of it for the first time since man city @ end of last season FFS wake up you utter clowns

[quote user="Troll-op"]Yeah like the previous manager managed to to get the team to do for 90+5 minutes religiously, now tho we thank the lord that we got 20 minutes of it for the first time since man city @ end of last season FFS wake up you utter clowns[/quote]

I want him out as much as most, but you can''t always be critical when the team make the effort and play as they should, we don''t have a god given right to beat Cardiff, we were unlucky.

That said I agree 20 minutes of what we can do is not good enough! we need to take that into each game for the full 90.

[quote user="Troll-op"]Yeah like the previous manager managed to to get the team to do for 90+5 minutes religiously, now tho we thank the lord that we got 20 minutes of it for the first time since man city @ end of last season FFS wake up you utter clowns[/quote]

Maybe you''d get more sympathy if you cut out the insults fella.

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="yellowngreen"]No we played well[/quote]

Yeah so well we lost to the team at the bottom that had lost 5 and drew 1 of their last 6.

Played well my arse
[/quote]

Thats five points dropped against Cardiff, three against Fulham, one against Villa and one against Hull away.

Ten extra points and we wouldn''t be in trouble.

I reckon the fans were too shocked to chant ''Hughton  out'' as they had just witnessed us take the game to bottom of the table, mighty Cardiff who had not won in six games.

Of course not. The team had given their all at the end and that''s what you applaud at the time.

However the side that finished should have started imo. Cardiff were a poor side boosted by jones and zaha as feared. We predictably self destructed in 2 awful minutes.

No Hughton chants at all yesterday. The away crowd was superb yesterday as it has been on all away days during the season. The fans lifted the team after the nightmare minute when we conceded the two by singing and you can see it rubbed off on the lads.

We were superior to Cardiff yesterday, in most cases by quite a distance, but that is no good when you make sloppy mistakes and can''t convert your chances.

It was an improvement in performance, but thats no good if you don''t get points, and its very worrying that we lost and having our gap to the Bottom 3 slashed from 5 down to 2 could be very significant.

Next 2 away days are huge West Ham and Villa, we need a minimum of 4 points because in all serious were not going to get much out of the next two home games no matter how positively you look at them.

I still think we''ll stay up just, but after yesterday I am very, very concerned.

I for one applauded the team off at the end, if you think we lost because of Hoots you are deluded!

If you watched MOTD you would have seen the football punters get behind us so why start pointless threads?

Did you go to the game, we did play some good stuff at times last 15 mins Cardiff had 10 men behind the ball individual errors cost us not the team as a whole

I didn''t go. I didn''t watch the stream either. I watched the extended highlights on match choice and I didn''t chant either. To be fair our supporters were tremendous again. I honestly believe that kind of support from the stands can lift the team. Remembering and seeing again how loyal and supportive our fans are at games could well have provoked Bellamy''s attack on the Cardiff fans.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I didn''t go. I didn''t watch the stream either. I watched the extended highlights on match choice and I didn''t chant either. To be fair our supporters were tremendous again. I honestly believe that kind of support from the stands can lift the team. Remembering and seeing again how loyal and supportive our fans are at games could well have provoked Bellamy''s attack on the Cardiff fans.

[/quote]

Yes I saw his interview on MOTD Nutty.

Fair play to Bellamy there.

He''s at the right end of his career to do that. But I am sensing a wind of change in the game over what used to be a one-way street for abuse.