Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

12 points from 9 games

this is the stark reality if we are to stay up.I am very confident that 36 will be enough, but games are running out. In all reality we will get nothing from the games against the 2 Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool which leave 9 other games some on paper harder than others. I am not confident about any fixture though some are less daunting than others. Sunderland for example which a few months ago looked a 3 pointer now looks far more uncertain. . I think we will need a few points away from home if we are to reach that target which makes the result yesterday all the more galling, maybe a long over due win at Fulham or West Ham will be the order of the day. Either way this is a nightmare end to the season which may or may not end in total disaster

Villa i tend to agree Spurs are not on top of their game so we may get a point, Fulham have the dead eye on us but we are well overdue a win there and they are bottom. Put it another way if we cannot get a point or points there in the context of this season then we are really going to struggle

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Man City are due to a freak result, and it would be freak if we won, let''s hope eh![/quote]

Its come to the point that when we win its always a freak result, so few have there been under Hughton.

If we dont concede more than 4 againt Man City that will be a freak result, We havent beaten Fulham in 3 attempts this season why should the 4th be any different

Yorkshire, I am a bit surprised by this defeatist post, there are 14 games left FFS, we have a squad of players who are still fighting and are quite capable of getting the points. I hope the guys haven''t given up allready like you seem to have done!

Not defeatist at all i still think we can get out of it but the reality of the situation is stark. If we get more than a point out of the Manchester, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool fixtures put together then i would be amazed.That means in reality we need the points in the other 9 fixtures which is quite possible but means we need to win 4 of them

City4eva said:- If we dont concede more than 4 againt Man City that will be a freak result, We havent beaten Fulham in 3 attempts this season why should the 4th be any different

Actually in our last 15 games against Fulham in all competitions we have won none, drawn 4, lost 11, scored 6 and conceded 33. We must be due a win soon!?

With the way our season has panned out, I reckon we would be lucky to get 10 more points. I actually think 7 points is now more realistic.

Given that we have averaged just 0.5 points per game against Cardiff, arguably the worst team in the Premiership it may be that Yorkshire is being a little on the optimistic side to hope that we can achieve 1.3 points per game over the theoretically winnable 9 games left. The number of wins must match the number of defeats

roughly.

I''m not saying that this impossible, but it is going to require some improvement in all areas of performance and in just about every player.

There seems no immediate return by Howson or Benno, and even by Turner. So we have to go with what we have, to quote Hughton.

It can be done, assuming that 36 points is the minimum required, but if I were a betting man I wouldn''t put very much on this bet.