Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

Laudrup

One is linked with jobs such as Spurs, Madrid, Barca and PSG whereas the other isnt.....

LDC said Swansea couldnt string 2 passes together yesterday whereas we could. Although we both lost Swansea completed 403/504 = 85% and we were 285/383 = 74%, incidentally less than Cardiff who completed 8 passes more with a success rate of 77%.

Swansea are in the myre too. The same way that Newcastle were last year and even Spurs were affected by the Europa league in "trifficks" last season. Brendan Rogers also said it hindered his team.

I think that there has always been a little bit of jealousy towards Swansea, since we both got promoted together.

Id love to win a cup too......

my grasp of english is fineit''s your grasp on what is happening on the pitch that is in question

[quote user="lake district canary"]"Your seemingly blindside when you quipped about how poorly Swansea were doing. Seemed that you were suggesting that Laudrup wouldnt therefore be a better alternative to Hughton. Added to the rest of your love-in defences of dear Chris at any given opportunity then it is a reasonable conclusion to have drawn is it not?" No. I had doubts about Hughton in November and said so. The picture people like to paint of me is nothing like the reality. My stance on Hughton is now based on the fact that he is very unlikely to be gone this season and we might as well get used to that and start to get behind him and the players. No other course of action makes any sense to me.[/quote]

Actually, I seem to recall your stance on Hughton has being you stating, on numerous occasions, that you always considered it as a three year project. Further, on numerous occasions, you stated that last season Hughton was focused on tightening up our defence and, as we moved into the summer, that with the acquisition of quality in midfield and attack, we would see good improvement on that front. Further yet, when that did not materialize, I remember you saying repeatedly we would see improvement when our injured players returned. To be fair, even you began to get a little nervous and did suddenly look like you were climbing on the fence in late 2013, ready to jump down on the other side if the result of the next game went the wrong way, then moving very quickly away from said fence when the blood returned to your cheeks. That''s my recall of what your stance on Hughton has been.

So, for the purpose of clarification, when you say , "My stance on Hughton now is ...", if we should squeak through and survive this season are you in favour of him having the third season you have regularly advocated?

LDC, it does indeed (and I personally cannot understand it) seem that the board are unlikely to get rid of Hughton this season. And bar relegation they may even keep him in charge next season. I could even foresee a relegation and them still keeping him in employment.

However, if we hit that bottom three, I would like to think that the fans, as a collective, can get rid of Calamity Chris.

I truly believe there are better Managers out there that would give us a better chance of not only surviving this season, but pushing onwards next. And most importantly of all - with the right mindset on the pitch. Hughton is not only tactically inept, but it is so so boring to watch.

I have 3 points to make.

1st - I agree that Swansea have been hampered by the European commitments this season, as generally happens to teams involved in this competition their form drops off after a good season. Also you will notice that Swansea''s from dropped away last season after the League Cup final, again this is not unusual as players have normally peaked and can find it hard to motivate themselves post-League Cup final. But they still played attractive football and were never really in serious danger of the drop last season, unlike us. So I would take Laudrup in a heart beat over Hughton and his two circus chimps.

2nd - Our stats in all competitions since the 10 game unbeaten run speak for themselves.

Pl W D L F A

53 13 14 26 53 83

We have lost half of our games since Christmas last year and those losses include a 7-0, 5-0, 5-1, 4-1 and two 4-0 defeats and us becoming the 1st Premier League team to loose to non-League opposition in the FA Cup (and also the first topflight team in nearly a quarter of a century). This season alone we have conceded 3 or more goals on 7 occasion and have only managed to score more than twice ourselves on 3 separate occasions (2 of those against lower league teams and only once in the league) and in our last 8 league games we have scored only 3 goals in total, and 5 of those games were against fellow relegation contenders. All of this without the distraction of the Europa League, which is largely down to the fact that the manager decided that a home cup quarter final was the time to experiment with his team selection.

3rd and finally - LDC Said:- My stance on Hughton is now based on the fact that he is very unlikely to be gone this season and we might as well get used to that and start to get behind him and the players. No other course of action makes any sense to me.

You are Delia Smith and I claim my £5.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Sounds like excuses to me. Equal on points and unable to put two passes together yesterday by all accounts. We on the other hand pummelled cardiff and with a bit more luck would have won.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! .........oh..oh! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...............................................b*ll end

[quote user="slartyblartfast"]Lots of speculation on Sky that he maybe on his way from Swansea!!!! Yes please get him in!!!!!![/quote]

So where is this speculation I have had sky on since 6am not seen anything,

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="slartyblartfast"]Lots of speculation on Sky that he maybe on his way from Swansea!!!! Yes please get him in!!!!!![/quote]

So where is this speculation I have had sky on since 6am not seen anything,[/quote]

Just as I thought then