Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Jas....

I''m sure that this will be perceived by some as a ''call out'' thread, but actually it is an attempt at debate and one which is open for discussion by all.

On 27th April 2013 on a thread about whether people wanted to keep Hughton in employment you said:

"Stay...his job was to keep us in the premiership... style of football and whether or not its been entertaining doesn''t matter... he has done what he was hired to do and the board will be happy...next season has to be progression and if none is seen then we can ask this question i feel"

The thread is here: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2906770/ShowPost.aspx#2906770

In that same thread there were lots of people who wanted him out, and lots who were saying even then that if he stays he should get just 8 or 10 games to show progression and improvement.

I''m just wondering what you define as progression, whether we have seen it, and what deadline you are putting on this?

I''m only asking because so many other posters have remained consistent since April and went into this season giving Hughton his 10 games like they promised, I''m not so sure that you have been as open to fellow fans asking the questions that you said could be asked if no progression is shown.

At what stage this season does it become acceptable to ask the question?

Jesus Christ this is truly petty... did you really have nothing better to do than search for this?

I didn''t search for it, I stumbled across it.

I''d just like to know his opinion, because it seems to contradict his current stance.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I didn''t search for it, I stumbled across it.

I''d just like to know his opinion, because it seems to contradict his current stance.[/quote]Stumbled across it? on this forum? yeah right.

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Le Juge"]I didn''t search for it, I stumbled across it.

I''d just like to know his opinion, because it seems to contradict his current stance.[/quote]Stumbled across it? on this forum? yeah right.[/quote]
It''s true I just stumble across 10 month old threads all the time!

With all due respect get a life or a shag because you seriously need one or the other but preferably both.

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]With all due respect get a life or a shag because you seriously need one or the other but preferably both.[/quote]

^^^This.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Apparently Le Juge is in his thirties. Allegedly.[/quote]

And your point is ... ?

[quote user="Le Juge"]I''m sure that this will be perceived by some as a ''call out'' thread, but actually it is an attempt at debate and one which is open for discussion by all. On 27th April 2013 on a thread about whether people wanted to keep Hughton in employment you said: "Stay...his job was to keep us in the premiership... style of football and whether or not its been entertaining doesn''t matter... he has done what he was hired to do and the board will be happy...next season has to be progression and if none is seen then we can ask this question i feel" The thread is here: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2906770/ShowPost.aspx#2906770 In that same thread there were lots of people who wanted him out, and lots who were saying even then that if he stays he should get just 8 or 10 games to show progression and improvement. I''m just wondering what you define as progression, whether we have seen it, and what deadline you are putting on this? I''m only asking because so many other posters have remained consistent since April and went into this season giving Hughton his 10 games like they promised, I''m not so sure that you have been as open to fellow fans asking the questions that you said could be asked if no progression is shown. At what stage this season does it become acceptable to ask the question?[/quote]

you know I will always state my case Le Juge and more than happy to do so.

Progression for me meant a few things, improving the quality of player in the squad being done. Fer, Hooper, Redmond are all massive upgrades on what we already had. Wont include RVW.. because imo it aint going to happen.

results wise perhaps we havent been as good as we should, but performances on the whole HAVE been better.. we have kept more clean sheets this season, Ryan Bennett is becoming a very good player for us and Hughton has also got the best out of Johnny Howson in midfield too

we cant over look bad luck at times this season.. Saturday is Proof of that, goals disallowed and hitting the woodwork, what elese more could have been done?

the bigger sides have battered us, but results against the smaller teams have been much closer.

should we finish higher than last season (which is still possible) then this again shows a stride in the right direction. I await the name calling and baiting that will inevitably follow, however you asked for reasoned debate and I hope this has been sufficient for you.