Sign in to follow this  
666norwich

Do the players really care?

Having been a season ticket holder for many years I have to say that I have never witnessed a squad of players who do not seem to care as to whether or not norwich city remain in the premier league.

The trouble with most premier league players is their ego''s ,they are overpaid and have lost touch with the real world,

Trying to glean as much out of their clubs as possibly and if they are relegated they simply pull on a different colour shirt and continue to take the money.

The ones that really suffer are the fans who scrimp and save every year to buy a ticket .these are the people who really care and will always have norwich city in their hearts not the money grabbing Ferrari drivers so called football players .If they loved norwich city as much as the fans they would pull on the shirt for next to nothing and not hold the board to ransom.Money will eventually ruin football !!!!!!!

I think they should care, there is not many players on form this season that would get a move to another PL club.

Whilst I don''t feel any sort of connection to this squad like

I did the ones of Lambert''s era, I wouldn''t say they don''t care, far from it.

They''re lacking confidence, not effort.

The general I am better than anyone else attitude,once the final whistle blows they climb into their sportscars ,go home to their mansions and check their ever increasing bank accounts before someone reminds them which club they play for enabling them to turn up the following week and do the same ,and so it goes on before they move on.

If the events of the past home game tell us one thing it''s that the players are just as frustrated as us.

This club might not mean as much to them as it does us, why would it, but they''re professional sportsmen, they want to be the best they can, they want to win.

I think you''re waaaaaay off the mark here.

Hughton really cares too. Will really caring keep us up? It can help but idiot fans making this sort of suggestion about the players surely can''t help.

They may indeed want to win but for them the consequences of not winning are not as harsh as for the club,they will still have their fast cars,flashy mansions and paid up pensions to fall back on.They should spend 9 hours a day being paid a few pounds then maybe they would realise how lucky they are .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What suggests they don''t care?

[/quote]It''s not exactly that they don''t care Nutty but the whole balance in football shifted years ago. Back in the day players would often stay at a Club for many years and even if they didn''t originate from the same area as their Club would, over time, often develop much more of a bond with their team mates and the supporters.The influx of foreign players hasn''t helped this bonding. Almost all are '' ships in the night '' who everyone knows will be moving on sooner rather than later and, as CanaryOne said earlier, are even less likely to regard their whole professional playing career as anything other than a series of jobs.

That''s a question of personal pride. As many pesky furriners have that as British players. If you listen to Alex Tettey''s interview yesterday you may decide that he really cares.

Reading this board today I''d suggest our players care more than those on here who claim we are already relegated and will lose 137-0 to Citeh. If the players/board/management of our club had suggested any of the cr@p posted on here since yesterday''s game i reckon you''d have a point...

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

What suggests they don''t care?

[/quote]It''s not exactly that they don''t care Nutty but the whole balance in football shifted years ago. Back in the day players would often stay at a Club for many years and even if they didn''t originate from the same area as their Club would, over time, often develop much more of a bond with their team mates and the supporters.The influx of foreign players hasn''t helped this bonding. Almost all are '' ships in the night '' who everyone knows will be moving on sooner rather than later and, as CanaryOne said earlier, are even less likely to regard their whole professional playing career as anything other than a series of jobs.

[/quote]

Well, our longest serving player quite clearly doesn''t give a toss, he''s been here many years and such is the bond he has built that he was voted into the hall of fame.

From what I have seen, our loan signings care far more than him!!

Anyway, to the original point, the suggestion that because you''ve reached the top of your profession you don''t care and just go through the motions because you''d get another job is laughable. I''m sure the top doctors don''t give a toss if a patient lives or dies because they''d get a job in another hospital, top teachers couldn''t care less whether their students pass or fail because there''s another school round the corner.

With that attitude you wouldn''t stay at the top of the game for long and I have seen nothing on the pitch, despite all the sniping and gossiping and suggestions of discontent, that indicates that the players out there are giving their all for the cause.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]load of pointless rhetoric here. Nothing based on fact.[/quote]Well the only ''fact'' relevant in this is that for quite some time now, week after week, we get interviews from Hughton, and, yes, the players, full of excuses for yet another woeful result/display.I honestly do not know whether they ''care '' or not. But, it really is time that they stopped taking us all for mugs by this incessant use of apologetic clichés , interspersed with excuses.

They do care, they have at the very least professional pride.

The interesting question for me is why seem to make fatal errors, there does seem to be an inability to keep focused and concentrate for 90 mins, not sure if it is a fitness thing but it is worrying.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s a question of personal pride. As many pesky furriners have that as British players. If you listen to Alex Tettey''s interview yesterday you may decide that he really cares.

[/quote]They''re not pesky '' furriners '' Nutty. Many of them are far better and more '' committed '' than British players but, like most jobholders these days, they expect to move around a lot more than they once did. Of course Alex Tettey cares and so he should but he''s not going to care as much as those old stalwarts - who often ended up getting a testimonial - from the days when us two first started going to Carrow Rd.Blame it on freedom of contract if you like but the loyalty just doesn''t exist much anymore.

[|-)] Get down the bookies we are going to lose 6 -nil this coming weekend,go for it[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hughton really cares too. Will really caring keep us up? It can help but idiot fans making this sort of suggestion about the players surely can''t help.

[/quote]

if it is only money then it should be borne in mind that the bonus system is heavily skewed towards results and the league tableas to their attitude, that is something the board place a fair bit upon how many have ''walked out on us'' ?it has been us moving them on in recent yearssadly the OP seems unable to take the realities of the game so is lashing out at whatever is nearestthat''s all

666, your argument doesn''t work. If the players don''t care because the consequences aren''t too bad anymore (because they''ve got the sports cars, mansions and big pay checks you mention), then surely no player in the prem cares?

Of course the players care. Look at Snodgrass arguing with the fans the other week - if you don''t care, you chuckle to yourself when you get abuse from the stands and don''t react.

Whether the players or the manager are good enough to be in the premiership is a completely different question. But I don''t think many of them ''don''t care''.

Does Hoots really care? He might be grateful to be taken out of the firing line by the board. He could take a year''s sabbatical and travel the world with that generous compo package that managers inevitably receive, and still walk into a fabulously well paid job at the end of it. If all else fails, he could join the veritable army of ex players and managers who spout their trite nonsense on the radio and TV.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-03 1:09 AM:

If the players/board/management of our club had suggested any of the cr@p posted on here since yesterday''s game i reckon you''d have a point...

And you for one know that they haven''t?

There is absolutely no evidence at all to suggest they don''t care, they are not executing but their effort level is up there. They all run to the final whistle, the quality and direction just isn''t there. I really don''t like the whole, they are rich so they don''t care argument. Football has a lot of money involved, Rooney is on about 10x what our players are on and he runs himself into the ground every single game. United aren''t doing so well, but does that mean Rooney doesn''t care? absolutely not. Wage is not a determining factor when it comes to effort.

I see the likes of Snodgrass, Johnson, Hooper and even Ricky, working extremely hard every single minute of every single game. It''s not effort that we are lacking, but effort won''t keep us up. You can''t tell me that none of our players will care if they are relegated, it reflects on them as much as the club. Of course we care more, we''ll live through it all long after most of them have retired. However I think it''s wrong to question the players effort based on if they care or not, I think it''s obvious that they care. We just don''t have the direction.

I would suggest that several of those players "not caring" have Brazil 2014 ambitions. So that kinda answers your question.

Also, there is such thing as pride. Things like relegation don''t look good on your career CV, just ask Junior Hollet and on the flip side Tony Pulis... who has never been relegated, as every single football pundit will keep telling us.