Sign in to follow this  
unique

RVW's resale value

Were Norwich to be relegated, exactly how much could they expect to recoup on RVW?

Would they have any grounds for retaining Hughton''s compensation package to make up for any sizeable loss?

[quote user="unique"]

Would they have any grounds for retaining Hughton''s compensation package to make up for any sizeable loss?[/quote]Nice angle, the answers "no" by the way.

1) To a European club who will have seen his record in Portugal, and seen that he has had a few injuries here, perhaps not got to full fitness, not been utilised in the right system/style of play etc., possibly 4-6 million.

2) No.

It''d hardly be fair to keep money from Hughton from one failed transfer. What about if we sold RVW, sacked Hughton and told him his compo had come from the RVW deal and then we sold say Redmond to £10m? Surely Hughton would then be due some of that money?

Anyway, given his big but not crippling wages, and a probable lack of great demand, I think we''d do well to get £4m for him.

He doesn''t become rubbish overnight though and he may have the qualities to do well at a top european team still. Hopefully there is still time for him to click at Norwich.

The story of Cornelius with Cardiff is very similar. They paid the same price and got £3.5 million back. I think we''d get the same. It was a pretty stupid gamble and we''ve lost. Everyone was looking for the next Michu but these smaller European leagues just don''t compare to Spain and England. When you lose a gamble just accept it and move on. At the moment we''re like a compulsive gambler trying to win our money back. We need to accept he''s never going to perform in Premier League and move on from it.

Kangaroo Court wrote the following post at 03/02/2014 11:54 AM:The story of Cornelius with Cardiff is very similar. They paid the same

price and got £3.5 million back. I think we''d get the same. It was a

pretty stupid gamble and we''ve lost. Everyone was looking for the next

Michu but these smaller European leagues just don''t compare to Spain and

England. When you lose a gamble just accept it and move on. At the

moment we''re like a compulsive gambler trying to win our money back. We

need to accept he''s never going to perform in Premier League and move on

from it.

What we can agree on is that he is not successful in our team. I would, however, not rule out him not being a success in the Premiership as I do not feel the tactics that we employ suit his (or very many striker''s) game.

If his game was researched, as I feel it must have been, I wonder why the management wanted to buy a player whose game was not going to be suited to the team''s set up.

Make no mistake, he will be useful, if played in a team that compliments his style and for that reason I would hope we would get at least half, if not a little bit more, of what we paid.

There are very few players who have won Dutch caps who cannot play the game.