Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

team v man city

ruddymartin     bennet     bassong      olssonpilks        tettey      fer                jonas                      snoddy                      hooper

I''d almost like to see the diamond, with Tettey holding, Fer and Jonas in the centre and Snoddy the AM.
But Man.C have Navas and Silva out wide, so its probably a terrible idea. Expect Johnson and Tettey to start again, possibly Fer in for Hooper or Elmander otherwise the same.

Is it against the rules to stand all 11 men on the goal line for 90 minutes?
If its allowed that could be a valuable way of getting a point!
Seriously though, we should change it up. Some players heads aren''t right.

It does not matter what team we put out - we are likely to ship 4 or 5 goals. Our defending is dismal at the best of times and we can''t out score them...

do we rest some players as we have a must win games away to West Ham on Tuesday or do we genuinely believe we have a realistic chance we can get something from the game?

I''d get Yobo in. Realistically we''re going to get torn to shreds so he might as well have the game time.

At the moment we''re just not strong enough and you''ve only got to look at the Newcastle game to see how often the right side of our defence was attacked. Infact every Newcastle highlight on MOTD was of them going at our right side.

Bunn, Ruddy, Nash, Whittaker, Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Bennett, Olsson, Garrido, Snodgrass.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Tettey doesn''t have the distribution to play there for me GP.[/quote]Huh?The most consistently accurate passer of the ball (both short and long) in the entire team and you don''t think he has the distribution????Short Pass Acccuracy (SPA) = 89.5%Long Pass Accuracy (LPA) = 86.36%Out of 37 recognised DMC''s in the league, Tettey is actually ranked 7th overall for SPA (behind Flamini, Lucas, Canas, Ki Sung-Yeung, Britton and Mikel), and 3rd overall for LPA (only Flamini and Ki Sung-Yeung are higher)!Maybe you can explain to me WHY you don''t think he''s good enough MB?

A closely bunched 5-5 for me. I really dread this game. Go and hide for the day I think.

bunn  gafaiti  whittaker yobo garrido                    fox       hoolahan     murphy               elmander                becchio

dont play the first team for gods sake. give them a break. its going to be 4+ to man city anyway

if it wasnt man city and everyone was fit id go back to 4123 because we cant defend for s*%t and elmander and wolfie couldnt hit a barn door!               ruddymartin bennett bassong olsson               tettey            fer howsonredmond                pilkington              hooper

I believe the Premier League record defeat is 9 nil Manure v Ip5wich? Anyone else worried about records being broke?

Pity we aren''t allowed to do what they do in snooker and concede the frame ?I could just see a Hughton phone call to the Etihad offering to take a 3-0 without kicking a ball. We''d not risk any cards/injuries and it''d be good for the environment as we''d save the emissions from the Man City team bus (or plane) , not to mention all the cars travelling to the match. !

Bunn

Martin Bennett Yobo Ollson

Johnson Tettey

Redmond Fer Snodgrass

Becchio

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Bennet Olsson

Tetty

Redmond Johnson Fer Snodgrass

Hooper

I''d have Howson for Johnson if fit, and keep switching the wingers. Tetty to screen the back four ans bulk up the midfield to help against Toure.

For what it''s worth:

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Gutierrez Tettey Fer Redmond

Elmander

The striker option isn''t one i''m certain on to be honest. Hooper isn''t one to survive up top on his own although looks most likely to get a goal at the minute, RVW is out of form and will likely not put himself about much up front and get outmuscled (not to say Elmander will be any different!) despite running his legs off as usual and create inviting runs and getting himself in good positions, Becchio is untested against the top teams and looks a bit heavyweight and unfit lately to me (an unfair criticism maybe), but Elmander''s work rate has impressed me so i''ve put him in despite fears of him fading out of the game somewhat if he is on his own.

I''ve also put Gutierrez in as he impressed me vs Cardiff and Hull, he gets stuck in. Not to say Johnson doesn''t, but I feel Johnson doesn''t do as well against the bigger teams who move quicker and (i''m hoping that) maybe Gutierrez will?

Redmond''s pace, confidence and unpredictability could prove effective against a Man City defence if hitting on the counter. As long as he learns when to be selfish and when to distribute, he''ll create chances.

Martin may not of had his best game against Cardiff, but he''s pretty reliable I feel against the top teams.

Overall I think having that three midfield pairing again now Tettey is back might help to contain Man City a bit more, although granted it didn''t work away from home! Striker whoever plays will probably be feeding off scraps, so got to play the counter attack game, one that this season we are pretty alien to with our slow and steady side to side build up play.

Subs: Bunn, Yobo, Whittaker, Johnson, Pilkington, Hooper, RVW

Continuing to leave Wes out, if the media is to be believed he may not be in the "right frame of mind" to play. Feel bad for leaving Garrido out, but Whittaker is more flexible in where he can play.

[quote user="Long drives home"]I thin Hughton is likely to go:RuddyMartin, Yobo, Bassong, Bennett, Garrido, Turner, Whitacker, Olsson, Snodgrass, Johnson[/quote]

God, this is such a boring post.

If we are going to insist on starting Johnson then we have to go 451 or a variation therein.  A 4 man midfield with him would be a nonsense again.

Given our opponents preference for a 442 formation going 4231 would enable us to get an upper hand with numbers and restrict midfield space so giving a solid platform.   It does mean choices need making - who play the lone role,   none of the strikers have been looking sharp and none have embraced the lone role well either. 

With Howsons continued absence I would go

Ruddy

Martin  Bennett Bassong  Olsson

Fer   Tettey

Snodgrass  Pilks/Redderz  Jonas

Hooper.

I expect BJ in for Pilks though.

However we set up, we need to have a go. Look at how Watford played against them, went out attacking and managed to score a couple early on. When they sat back to defend their lead, City had a lot more time on the ball, showed their class and made it look easy.

Unfortunately I can''t see us doing anything remotely attacking, At all.