Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Stunned

Yes, this is another Chris Hughton thread. I make no apologies. I am completely stunned that this man still has a job. I''m not a complainer, I like to give people a chance, but this is getting silly now. Like most Norwich fans, staying in the Premier League after Lambert left was vital. Hughton achieved it (just about), and we have to praise him for that. 11th was a fortunate position to end up in after being two games away from what looked like a likely relegation.

Ok, we haven''t been in the bottom 3 since later last year. However, that could well change after Saturday''s game. Defeats like the one last Saturday away to Cardiff are the type of game that relegates a club.

I have no faith in Chris Hughton guiding us clear of the relegation zone. We will not get to the magic 40 point mark this season either.

I''m stunned that someone of McNally''s ilk thinks this is good enough. Maybe he''s lost his way too. There are managerial options out there, we just have to go and get them. I''d have Neil Lennon in a heartbeat. Get some passion back, some belief.

Hughton needs to leave and needs to leave now. I have no faith in the man or the two failed managers by his side.

Why are you stunned?

It has been obvious to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of what is going on at CR that he would not be sacked.

There is a remote possibility he could go if we lose at W Ham but otherwise no chance at all.

The only thing that stuns me is the inability of some to see what is staring them in the face.

[quote user="ricardo"]Why are you stunned? It has been obvious to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of what is going on at CR that he would not be sacked. There is a remote possibility he could go if we lose at W Ham but otherwise no chance at all. The only thing that stuns me is the inability of some to see what is staring them in the face.[/quote]

As in McDenial, Delia and the board.

Keeping out of the relegation zone by the skin of our teeth isn''t really good enough though is it.

It has been painfully obvious since the fixtures came out that we''d be unlikely to score any points in our last 4 or 5 fixtures, meaning it was vital to our survival chances that we get points on the board early on to ensure that we get on the bus for Craven Cottage already safe.

We''re not doing that and we''re putting ourselves in great danger. We''re below the curve. I really fail to see how people can''t grasp this, all this bleeting about being 12th or 15th is absurd when we''re just a few points off the relegation zone and bottom of the table.

West Ham isn''t a must not lose, it''s a must win. There are very few winnable games left and we cannot afford to waste another.

In my opinion, McNally is a very proud man and bumptious with it. Therefore, given that he appointed Hughton he will be acutely aware that if he now sacks him he will lose a great deal of credibility. So, my view is that Hughton is hanging onto his job whilst his lord and master is clinging to his credibility ... with the net result being complete inaction. This is the only theory I can come up with to explain McNally’s apparent fiddling whilst Rome burns. It seems so unlike the positive McNally of old to be relying more upon hope than expectation of avoiding the drop.

If we lose the next 4 games (City and Spurs at home and WHU, Villa away) I don''t think the board will have any room for manoeuvre left and they will have to get rid of him.

But it would be just like the earlier games when he has looked down and out fror us to win one of them and earn another reprieve.

I thought he was gone at half time at home to West Ham as I didn''t see a way back, but this team have saved him a few times already - now they will have to do it again.

[quote user="sgncfc"]If we lose the next 4 games (City and Spurs at home and WHU, Villa away) I don''t think the board will have any room for manoeuvre left and they will have to get rid of him.

But it would be just like the earlier games when he has looked down and out fror us to win one of them and earn another reprieve.

I thought he was gone at half time at home to West Ham as I didn''t see a way back, but this team have saved him a few times already - now they will have to do it again.[/quote]

It must be incredibly painful for so many of you that our players are doing everything they can to win games for the manager and the Club.

[quote user="ricardo"]Why are you stunned?

It has been obvious to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of what is going on at CR that he would not be sacked.

There is a remote possibility he could go if we lose at W Ham but otherwise no chance at all.

The only thing that stuns me is the inability of some to see what is staring them in the face.[/quote]
Because if he was a Sun reader he''d be gobsmacked.

I''m not going to bleat on about getting rid of the manager, because that appear to be very unlikely, but what stuns me more than CH still having his job, is the fact the Board appear to be doing nothing to help him (I could be wrong of course).

It has been obvious to me and many others on here that we could, and perhaps should, have been doing better for a while now. We sometimes play well, in particular, against Chelsea when we looked like the team that was going to go on and win and against Man Utd. Yes I know we lost both but if we played like that every game for 90 minutes, or even 60, we would probably have picked up more points and would be relatively safe already..

So, why don''t we? I don''t have the answer but someone, somewhere, must be able to get involved and establish why and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I assume, dangerous I know, that the board must be asking the same question, time and again no doubt, but what are they doing about it?

If they have decided that the manager stays, and it appears they have, then what other support can they provide.

The obvious answers that immediately spring to mind are;

1) Employ another assistant. This doesn''t necessarlily mean getting rid of one we already have, but getting someone in, even if only to the end of the season, who can help the manager fulfill his remit. Maybe a name, someone with great credibility as a player, someone who the players will look up to, a suggestion maybe Zola, out of work until the summer at least. Not suggesting it is him but someone of that ilk. It would cost a few bob but probably well worth the investment, especially given every league position is worth an extra £1m

2) Make a marquee signing or two, although this option has gone of course

There must be other things they could do, any (sensible) suggestions?

ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-02-03 7:18 PM:

Why are you stunned?

The only thing that stuns me is the inability of some to see what is staring them in the face.

A typical post. Always an innuendo that YOU know what is going on at Carrow Road - so pray tell us?

[quote user="ricardo"]Why are you stunned?

The only thing that stuns me is the inability of some to see what is staring them in the face.[/quote]So anybody who knows whats going on knows he wont be sacked , but he might get sacked if we lose to West Ham . Well you have covered just about all bases there to say you were right all along .

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The equation is simple, IF NCFC>18th <=> CH=Manager IF NCFC<17th <=> CH=Sacked.[/quote]

I dont think its even that simple,  I suspect its more

IF NCFC>18th <=> CH=Manager

IF NCFC>18th <=>& "other random criteria" CH= Sacked 

OR IF NCFC<=17th & "other random criteria"CH= Not Sacked

ELSE CH= Sacked

with the random criteria an injury crisis,  large surge of form and goals able to convince the board he can get us re-promoted to avoid a sacking and a lucky last day escape due to other teams failures being a reason to be sacked if finishing 17 etc