Sign in to follow this  
pete

The little old Norwich mentality

The Board are adopting the small town mentality that will see us relegated and losing membership of the Premier League gravy train.

Hughton should have been sacked a long time ago presumably the pay off deterred McNally from making the decision.

So we are stuck with Hughton but then don''t support him to do anything about in the transfer window.

Penny pinching of a nature we can expect from little old Norwich and its backward looking Board.

Its beggining to look like its relegation and the death of McNally at least won''t need to pay him off, no bonus this year eh.

I don''t understand these attacks on the Board to be honest - they''ve backed Norwich with significantly more cash this season than ever before. It''s not McNally''s fault that we''re not performing on the pitch (although I''m starting to wonder if we should stick him up front, he might score more than the Wolf...)

I do think we''ve made the decision at boardroom level that the current squad - given the relative weaknesses of other teams around us - is just about good enough to do the season-long equivalent of ''playing for a 0-0 draw'' - ie do just enough to finish 17th and no more - so they bought in short-term fixes (albeit good quality ones, Jonas and Yobo are both proven quality players, unlike last season''s January recruits) and put any remaining budget into a serious squad overhaul next season. Whether that means they''ve already taken the decision to either axe Hughton or move him upstairs and bring in a new manager, I don''t know.

But remember this time last year we spent little in the transfer window, and then went out and signed RVW for a cut price a few weeks later - OK he hasn''t produced the goods for us yet, but the board didn''t know that at the time and it was and still remains a very good bit of transfer business. I wouldn''t be at all surprised if another player is snapped up on a pre-contract deal for next season before we reach the end of this one.

We''re hardly Norwich MegaCity are we? Would l like us to be higher in the league and playing better footy? ..yes. of course,i''m a supporter. Being in the Prem was never going to be easy, so we''ll have to support through thick and thin, good and bad. If we manage to stay up for a few seasons more, with no debt ,we can bring in ever better players, combined with our grade 1 youth set up and become an established premier Club. There''s nothing ''Little Norwich '' about realism.

We are going down because we did nothing , a manager who most of the fans could see was failing over a year ago is still in a job and the transfer window has closed with the addition of two has beens . We should have stayed up with ease , we will now go down.