Sign in to follow this  
Militant Canary

Hughton must leave this summer.

Hello, all.

I haven''t posted on here for a long time now for various reasons - partially because I have other things on (as, unlike some on here, I actually have a life) and because I have been genuinely appalled and disgusted by my own fellow Norwich fans.

Regardless of what is going on, of who is in charge or how the team are playing, I will at no point wish my team to lose just to be proven right. A football club is not about any individual... basically, what I''m saying to all the ''nay sayers'' that have poisoned this club with there vitriolic negativity is: "its not about you, y''know?".

Anyhoo, I think its safe to say that you have got your wish. No matter what happens now, there is no way back for Hughton.

Hoots is a man of great determination and a man I respect, but anybody -regardless of how determined they are, or indeed how arrogant or stupid they are (and Chris is neither of those things) - must realise that the atmosphere is so fundamentally poisoned that to continue is an exercise in futility.

The irony is, things will be better from next season on anyway - the Wolf, who, like the likes of Iwan Roberts and Drogba before him (and this is the only time that those two players will likely be mentioned in the same sentence) has always needed a season to bed in before he hits his stride, will be a different player next season. The same could be said for, among others, Hooper and Fer (who''s form has dipped over Christmas... about the same time that he would be having a winter break in Holland). At no point has Hughton, nor the people that want him gone, ever mentioned that he has had a huge injury list this season, with the smallest squad in the league - a consequence of assembling a squad on the cheap over the years... injury-prone players are so much cheaper. A problem that Chirs is trying to rectify with an extremely modest budget.

However, Chris Hughton would know that if he were to go, then effectively the slate is wiped clean for his players. They have a fresh start and can then push on in an air of relative positivity from the crowd, rather than in the weird, illogical, irrational masochistic negativity that currently permeates the morgue that is Carrow Road.

There is an additional danger with this present attitude: just imagine what would happen if your stupidity and ingratitude drives away the architect of our renaissance, David McNally? This could happen and I dread to think of the consequences.

So, in essence, what I am saying is, lets get over the line. Lets back the team and give them the 12th man that they have been in need of and stay up this season.

Hughton is going, you''ve got your wish, now back the team, raise the roof and enjoy your new manager next season - and hope that he''s better than the one we have.

Rant over.

I''m out.

Has he resigned then I hadn''t heard. Such a shame for this honourable man whose mission to destroy our club has not yet been completed.

"Drive McNicey away" he''s the one responsible for keeping hughton here, is he not?? Maybe the club would be better off without him. This whole sorry episode has shown ME that McNicey is no longer the man for this club. He got lucky with Lambert that''s all. He got rid of the club''s debt??? NO Lambert did by getting us to the premier league, he then left as super McNicey couldn''t match his ambition and I for one no longer blame Lambert for leaving. McNicey''s ambition is there far all to see, in the shape of Hughton still being here!

You talk a great deal of sense OP and I agree with much if not all that you have written.

Sit back and expect a torrent of abuse from those that shout loudest and have all the answers.

Its not working for the team and CH, what the reasons are for that I doubt if anybody knows for certain, not that it will stop them telling us.

I doubt he will be manager next season unless we see a yet to be seen swing in performances in results.

If only our home supporters were as good as those that follow us away we really would have a 12th man, but after the initial OTBC burst its like a wake at CR. The crowd lifts players and players lift the crowd, be pro active not reactive, stop the negative booing and encourage the players instead..

Hughton''s P45 said: - "Drive McNicey away" he''s the one responsible for keeping hughton here, is he not?? Maybe the club would be better off without him. This whole sorry episode has shown ME that McNicey is no longer the man for this club. He got lucky with Lambert that''s all. He got rid of the club''s debt??? NO Lambert did by getting us to the premier league, he then left as super McNicey couldn''t match his ambition and I for one no longer blame Lambert for leaving. McNicey''s ambition is there far all to see, in the shape of Hughton still being here!"

OK let''s look at this from another perspective and go back in time 20 years. The managerial appointments by the current owners have been pretty atrocious over the course of time and I''m sure they had an input into the choice of current manager.

Here''s a list of managers we''ve had since Delia and MWJ took over:

Mike Walker - Fail

Bruce Rioch - Fail

Bryan Hamilton - Epic Fail!

Nigel Worthington - Did well, then the fans turned on him - Hero to zero in one season.

Peter Grant - Fail

Glenn Roeder - Epic, epic FAIL!

Bryan Gunn - Fail (the reputation of a club legend destroyed in the process)

Paul Lambert - Success (picked by McNally)

Chris Hughton - Fail (picked by McNally?)

So McNally, compared with previous history on this board picking managers, has a 50% success rate. I think that it is possible that you are looking in the wrong place to assign blame. All that''s missing is someone to make an appearance at half time during that Man City game, after knocking back the best part of a bottle of Harvey''s, to ask where the 12 man is. Don''t rule it out people!

Bill and Ted, that''s completely and utterly unfair to blame the home fans, Jesus christ do you not remember the fans being the 12th man under Lambert!!!!!!!! Wake up!! The lack of football on show, the pathetic gutless displays on show are the reasons fans are quieter now. How can you cheer utter rubbish!!!!!!! Maybe you should cheer the miss placed passes etc and opposition goals louder save others having to wouldn''t it. Maybe people should cheer the 1 GOAL we MAY score in a game.

To blame the fans but back the manager that''s caused all these problems is nothing short of pathetic!!!!

Hard to put Hughton in the fail camp even if I do now think his time is up. He did a cracking job overall last season to keep us up and fairly comfortably too. This year isn''t going great but we''re still coasting along above the drop zone, so to label him a failure is wrong.

Harsh on Worthington too. His time with us brought a playoff final and promotion and very nearly survival after a decade of very mediocre seasons. I don''t think it was Worthy''s fault in the end when we didn''t back him to get us back up to the premiership.

Cannot argue with the rest of the appointments though.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]Hughton''s P45 said: - "Drive McNicey away" he''s the one responsible for keeping hughton here, is he not?? Maybe the club would be better off without him. This whole sorry episode has shown ME that McNicey is no longer the man for this club. He got lucky with Lambert that''s all. He got rid of the club''s debt??? NO Lambert did by getting us to the premier league, he then left as super McNicey couldn''t match his ambition and I for one no longer blame Lambert for leaving. McNicey''s ambition is there far all to see, in the shape of Hughton still being here!"

OK let''s look at this from another perspective and go back in time 20 years. The managerial appointments by the current owners have been pretty atrocious over the course of time and I''m sure they had an input into the choice of current manager.

Here''s a list of managers we''ve had since Delia and MWJ took over:

Mike Walker - Fail

Bruce Rioch - Fail

Bryan Hamilton - Epic Fail!

Nigel Worthington - Did well, then the fans turned on him - Hero to zero in one season.

Peter Grant - Fail

Glenn Roeder - Epic, epic FAIL!

Bryan Gunn - Fail (the reputation of a club legend destroyed in the process)

Paul Lambert - Success (picked by McNally)

Chris Hughton - Fail (picked by McNally?)

So McNally, compared with previous history on this board picking managers, has a 50% success rate. I think that it is possible that you are looking in the wrong place to assign blame. All that''s missing is someone to make an appearance at half time during that Man City game, after knocking back the best part of a bottle of Harvey''s, to ask where the 12 man is. Don''t rule it out people![/quote]Staggering, achieved our highest finish out of not just the managers (Walker 2nd stint) quoted but all mangers since Mike Walkers first reign 20 years ago, yet still a fail?

"I haven''t posted on here for a long time now for various reasons"So glad you could drop by."unlike some on here, I actually have a life"Especially as you have such a low opinion of us." I have been genuinely appalled and disgusted by my own fellow Norwich fans"Ok, so it''s not just us then but all City fans." the weird, illogical, irrational masochistic negativity that currently permeates the morgue that is Carrow Road"Yep, we get it, you don''t like us. "your stupidity and ingratitude"Yeah, yeah."Rant over.

I''m out."Thanks for calling in, so glad you could spare the time. [:S]

If he goes it will be because the performances have been poor to the end, and we are relegated.

The poisoned attitude you refer to will not be enough to drive him out, although honest criticism may be hard for him to take. If he goes it will be not because he takes himself away, but because we have been relegated, and the Board have finally stopped looking through pink spectacles.

I am critical of him, but since relatively recently. Until November I was wanting him to pull things round and believed that once the strikers were accustomed to their situation things would pick up. Sadly we are still self-destructing, - on Saturday it was the striker''s turns to give goals away, we are still struggling to score, but above all for a few games we were as bad as we have been for some time. There is just no improvement.

It could be that several players are not performing as well as they might, but he signed most of them and it is largely his team. We may all have our different explanations for the poor performances, but we are currently struggling to pick up points, even from teams at the bottom with us. But for Bennett''s deflected but successful header against Hull, we would now be equal on points with the bottom teams, and all round us in the table there are teams, several with new and good players, who are improving as we struggle. A few weeks ago we wrote off Sunderland, Palace and West Ham, among others. They are now probably writing us off.

None of us wants relegation, however poorly we play. We were prepared for dull, boring defensive football if it meant keeping our place in the Premiership. As things stand at the moment we seem to be under-performing compared with what we expected, and there seems to be little discernible progress.

Hughton is definitely in the fail camp!! For footballing reasons or more for lack of football, lack of goals, poor defence, highest finish LOL 5games from the end of the season we looked like going down!!! But skip over that if you wish CDM

Hughton is definitely in the fail camp!! For footballing reasons or more for lack of football, lack of goals, poor defence, highest finish LOL 5games from the end of the season we looked like going down!!! But skip over that if you wish CDM

Didnt realise that was at all relevant, oh wait it isnt.Dress it up as you want, then accept the truth, Hughton is our most succsessfull manager for 2 decades

[quote user="Hughton''s P45"]"Drive McNicey away" he''s t

Fine speech, Hughton''s P45. I fully endorse all of that. This board are taking our fine club back to the Championship again in their failure to axe that very very nice man. What a bunch of stupid buffoons.

How thick are you CDMullins??? Answer is VERY. Lambert had 3 extra points and had the team playing exciting football. Stop talking out your rectum and put your phone away, pick up your pen and do your classwork there''s a good boy.

Okay, then.

This really is my last message - surprised I read these comments, to be honest.

The replies of Pete, Eggy and Hughton P45 (et al.) illustrate the utter stupidity and lack of rationality that is predominant in the Negatives on this board and elsewhere.

In reply to these three, in no particular order:

First of all, Pete, the concept that Hughton is here solely to destroy the club is unbelievably weird. Do you here yourself? Do you actually believe that? Freak.

Eggy: Sacking Hughton now is not an option. It has oft been said what a waste of space Calderwood is by many on this turd of a discussion forum. What you, with you''re suggesting is that we make him interim-manager. You realise that don''t you? Moron.

Hughton''s P45: 1. Have you actually been watching the football we have played on numerous occasions this season? I have never seen a team outside the top 6 dominate a team the way we did against Cardiff at home. They desperately and extremely luckily kept us out, and instead of seeing what was in front of them and pushing the team on to keep going and really believe, by the 70th minute the crowd turned. Well done, you idiots.

How about the excellent performances against the likes of Everton at home,Stoke away and Southampton? Or the tremendous guts we showed against Arsenal & Chelsea, who we gave a good game, but they just had too much for us. But, apparently, losing against Arsenal & Chelsea just isn''t acceptable any more.

You see what want to see and you long ago decided that nothing was good enough.

2. Fine, drive McNally away. Go ahead and credit Lambert with everything that DM did. Relegation and a return to Championship and League One obscurity is all you deserve.

And now, to sign off in a huge whirlwind of sour grapes, I have a question:

Does anybody on here get tired of constantly going on and on about the same thing, with the same arguments and the same lack of point?

Great! You''ve had your say, we know what you think, and you want the manager out. Good for you!

Now shut the f**k up and support the team.

Bye!

That''s it "militant" canary, throw your toys and run off there''s a good little girl. Hahaha don''t you like the truth?? Dominated Cardiff and lost once and drew the other 1 point yayyy I''m soooo soooo glad we dominated them now, so let''s go dominate man city like that shall we??? b3ll3nd, I didn''t want to lower myself and put that, but seen as your such a c0ck that''s probably the only language you understand. See ya later "militant"

Three things.

First I agree whole heartedly with Salopian. I was wanting this current management team to make a good fist of things. I have been swinging to and fro like a grandfather clock with my opinion of the manager since his appointment. Following the pre-Christmas unbeaten run last season I was thinking that we had appointed the right man. Come the home game against West Brom I was deeply concerned that he was Gary Megson in disguise, but following the 3 wins in our last 4 games I thought to give him the benefit of the doubt, and that he should be given the chance to strengthen the squad over the summer.

Then with the signings made, not just the money spent, but the calibre of player we were attracting I was hopeful going into this season. I was not expecting us to be challenging for a Champions League place, but thought we could at least turn over Fulham this season for the first time since the begining of weather records and may be put together a little run like last season where we brushed aside everyone for a month or two. Come December though it had become painfully obvious that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Second. He may be the most successful manager we have had since Mike Walker, but his record is on a par with John Deehan. I will say no more on that subject.

Third. I will always remember Nigel Worthington with fondness, the man did wonders for this club. The play-off semi-final victory over Wolves is one of my treasured memories during 30 years of supporting the club. And being able to claim that we were the last club to win the 1st Division Championship is up there with the Bayern Munich result in my favourite footballing facts. However he did make 2 glaring mistakes following our promotion, and that was releasing both Malky and Iwan. This meant we went into the season doomed because we lacked leadership on the field. Most of the current board were here to witness that and have permitted history to repeat itself in allowing the current incumbent to poison the dressing-room leaders he inherited against the club through his turgid display of ''defensive'' (and I use quotation marks because we have shipped in nearly as many goals per season as Lambert''s team did) football. What that season did have going for it though was that there was a bit of fight in the squad, displayed in performances like Middlesborough. That is something that is lacking from the current team, unless you count Snoddy''d desire to start a brawl with the snake-pit!

I genuinely don''t think it''s a given Hughton will be here till the end of the season. Other managers have been sacked on many occasions after the transfer window. The problem is finding a suitable replacement who will come to us without the option of bringing his own players in, the last thing we want is a Wolves Terry Connor scenario.

If we lose to West Ham (presuming we lose to Man City) then I think they''ll be no other option for the board but to send him on his way.

Very convenient that he''s come off twitter aswell isn''t it?? Soon as there were signs of trouble ahead, his twitters gone..... coincidence??? is it hell as like. Maybe we''ve been destined to go down for a while and McNicey has known that. Otherwise why no transfers in January in positions that everyman and their dog knew we needed??

Why''s Hughton still here when he can''t do his job properly??

Relegation worse than death, he said!!!! But did nothing about it

Lappinitup said"I haven''t posted on here for a long time now for various reasons"

So glad you could drop by.

"unlike some on here, I actually have a life"

Especially as you have such a low opinion of us.

" I have been genuinely appalled and disgusted by my own fellow Norwich fans"

Ok, so it''s not just us then but all City fans.

" the weird, illogical, irrational masochistic negativity that currently permeates the morgue that is Carrow Road"

Yep, we get it, you don''t like us.

"your stupidity and ingratitude"

Yeah, yeah.

"Rant over. I''m out."

Thanks for calling in, so glad you could spare the time

Well said. What a bumptious OP!

To be honest how is Hughton measured as a FAIL?

He has a ten game run which no other manager has managed in the top flight.

We have finished in 11th in his first season.

We have on paper the best squad, most of whih he has identified and signed.

We have only been in the bottom 3 for three weeks in two season! So how were we nearly relegated.

No matter what you think of the Man City game we beat them, Man U, Arsenal and Spurs under Hughton.

And yet I too feel he''s not doing what I expected, are we too tough on him? Given the amount of money we have spent compared with those around it''e not that much and most team starting 11 are very evenly matched!

So I have sat on the fence and fell of each side and this is why, I know he''s not that bad and yet we are so boring to watch (appart from small parts of some games), the players and fans don''t have a connection and at least three players past and current squad have said things in the press, so there are failings there too, but you can''t keep everyone happy, can you.

This manager is an enigma, is he that bad or is he that good and we are measuring him by unrealistic benchmarks.?