Sign in to follow this  
Overrated, over paid

Pant wetters, bias media and focaccia

Evening troops! Sadly it''s rant time.

Please could those of you who refer to posters who dare to show concerns and fears about our current plight as ''pant wetters'' kindly cease. It grates me.

I, we are all, entitled to make observations and even moan about events surrounding our club. My combined disappointment and disgust at our current plight are warranted and I''m entitled to share my observations. Pant wetter suggests I''m ill placed or poorly equipped to be a fan, maybe I''m less of a man, maybe there is a link between bladder control and the stomach for a fight. Hmmm, maybe those spouting the ''Pant wetter'' accusations are simply knuckle dragging bafoons incapable of reasoned logic or detached from any emotional response to daily events and experiences. A sub species as it were.

Also what got my goat today whilst trawling the net for articles on the relegation battle, I notice the footballing media''s soft spot for the club known as West Ham. Have I missed something.

In the 30 years I''ve followed football they have contributed very little in terms of legacy or achievement. Actually they have been more closely linked to disaster, questionable dealings and unsavoury rumours. Why on earth are they so popular amongst the media.? Based on my experience of a significant number of their fans I''d personally like to see them disappear into the basement of English football playing teams like Welling and Gateshead.

My last rant relates to BP, why on earth do you have 2 staff on duty with a queue 22 people deep and continue to have your staff make coffees and warm up pastries, pasties and b00dy rolls, thus adding to the ball ache experience of trying to but a few gallons of fuel on the way home. Your business is FUEL not focaccia! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rant over!

Quite a lot of people who "show their disgust" at the current situation on here do so in such an over the top, reasonless, incoherent way. I think the pant wetter jibe is just a good way to mock those who write with such blind anger that they lose all sense of cohesion and reality. It''s like winding up the kid at school who loses it at the slightest provocation, it''s just too easy.

Unfortunately those who do it in a more coherent way, with the ability to debate rather than rant get lumped in with this lot.

Lets face it those who say we are down already are being premature and need to grow up.

Agree, wind up indeed. Disagree, I believe those who ignore the facts showing how poor our results have been since December 2012 are foolish, lack knowledge and place their faith in those who do not deserve such loyalty.

Supporting the team is what we all do, accepting incompetence and clear, unarguable shortcomings doesn''t equate to supporting Norwich, it equates to stupidity. In my opinion.

What grates on me is the vile, foul-mouthed, sneering, contemptuous abuse heaped on anyone who tries to make the points that:

we are not relegated yet

no match NO MATCH is a foregone conclusion

Hughton is not the Antichrist

Our squad is not a top quality one.

I can''t think of anybody who has praised Hughton unreservedly & not been aware of his shortcomings. But there are too many who hate him to a possibly mentally unbalanced degree & are desperate to find anyone to vent their spleen upon.

Now THAT''s what really grinds my gears.

[quote user="ron obvious"]What grates on me is the vile, foul-mouthed, sneering, contemptuous abuse heaped on anyone who tries to make the points that:

we are not relegated yet

no match NO MATCH is a foregone conclusion

Hughton is not the Antichrist

Our squad is not a top quality one.

I can''t think of anybody who has praised Hughton unreservedly & not been aware of his shortcomings. But there are too many who hate him to a possibly mentally unbalanced degree & are desperate to find anyone to vent their spleen upon.

Now THAT''s what really grinds my gears.[/quote]

What really annoys me are the posters who resort to using capital letters to reinforce their point. No need to shout.

Us verses Citeh is a forgone conclusion. Sorry to burst that bubble...but agree with your other three points. Hughton is far too nice to be an antichrist.