Sign in to follow this  
unique

The way forward

I would have had Hughton long gone as manager of NCFC. Fans argue that pre-season counts for nothing, but dodgy defending and a paucity of goals has pretty much shaped the season.

I did feel sorry for Hughton at the weekend. He couldn''t break his deeply ingrained habit of making changes until fifteen minutes to go, whereas his opposite number showed how it can be done with a tactical change before half-time.

His initial team set-up raised eyebrows, but worked for the first twenty minutes. It would have been bold to make a change once we lost the initiative and maybe made an early change aka OGS, but Hughton doesn''t do bold.

It would have been even bolder to have left RVW on the bench, and pin Norwich''s scoring hopes on Becchio instead. Possibly a better foil for Hooper, and certainly something different to the perpetually ineffective RVW. The best chance Norwich have of avoiding relegation, at this moment in time, is to give RVW as little game time as possible.

The way forward from now on is for players and supporters alike, to treat every game as if it were the last, and as if three points were required to avoid relegation.

Now is clearly not the time for recriminations, it is time for action both on and off the pitch. All that has happened thus far this season is here and now irrelevant. Results and not performance are all that matters.

As things stand, Norwich are safe. I am not a happy clapper, but I do realise that relegation will be hard to stomach, and it really has reached the point that everyone needs to unite to try and achieve the one thing that everyone wants - Premiership, football next season.

I actually agree with a large amount of this. especially RE going for every game as it''s our last. our GD is already significantly poor, so we may as well attempt to go all out even against teams such as city, united, chelski, etc. for no other reason other than we need to get some points from them to make up the loss of points from both cardiff games, Hull/palace away, etc.

I disagree about wolfy though, I would like to see what he could do when all shackles are released and he has more support with getting the ball into the box.