Sign in to follow this  
pete

Bassong seemingly escapes serious criticism

I feel one player that needs to be criticised has to be Bassong he doesn''t organise the defence you would expect from a senior player. Has made little impact in the oppositions box see yesterdays poor effort. Turner is a far better defender than Bassong and is more of a miss. Bassong also makes simple mistakes that he would not be expected see Man c away in particular. Don''t get me started as SB as captain totally ineffectual rather see Bradley J as skipper at least he puts in the effort.

We''ll see if he''s any good in the Championship.

He seems to be a quiet man, so many of us were a little surprised when he was appointed captain. He is not demonstrative.

Last season he was a terrific player, and we thought that that Hughton had signed a very useful player.

This season he does not seem to be quite so mobile, in closing down and blocking for instance. Earlier in the season when we noticed it a common thought was that they surgery he had last summer would require several games to work up to full mobility. Here we are well over half way through the season and there is still the question about him.

Perhaps Hughton has noticed this, and it was one of the reasons why Ciani was sought and Yobo signed. It could be that in future, with Tettey returned, Bassong will be less exposed and so more effective.

Nobody in our backline is defending better than Bassong at the moment. While he may not have hit the heights of last season he''s still the best we''ve got, especially while Turner is out.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]oh do f@ck off, go support another team

thats me done for a few weeks on here[/quote]

Bye! can you make it a few months instead of weeks please?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]oh do f@ck off, go support another team thats me done for a few weeks on here[/quote]

We''ll be happy to see do likewise with those comments. Extend it to months or a year. This is a plausible post.

[quote user="GJP"]

Nobody in our backline is defending better than Bassong at the moment. While he may not have hit the heights of last season he''s still the best we''ve got, especially while Turner is out.

[/quote]

That, my friend, is absolute B***sh*t! Ryan Bennett has, in general, been outstanding when given a start. Bassong has been woeful. I like the guy. Last season he was class, this season he''s completely s**t. I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again. HE SHOULD NOT BE CAPTAIN! IT IS HAVING A HUGELY DETRIMENTAL EFFECT ON HIS GAME!

There, enough said.

He''s had enough of a verbal bashing already, what he was greeted with on arrival at Craven Cottage was disgusting.

Made me ashamed of our own support to be fair, mind you only a few idiots and Ray Wilkins ad the Fulham stewards sorted them out.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

That, my friend, is absolute B***sh*t! Ryan Bennett has, in general, been outstanding when given a start. Bassong has been woeful. I like the guy. Last season he was class, this season he''s completely s**t. I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again. HE SHOULD NOT BE CAPTAIN! IT IS HAVING A HUGELY DETRIMENTAL EFFECT ON HIS GAME!

There, enough said.[/quote]This gets my vote!

I know but people some people are very impressed by defenders who win unchallenged headers.