Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Snodgrass up front.

With our front 2 not scoring would it be worth putting Snodds in the middle up front and Redmond on the right,it cant be any worse,he will have a go at goal and it is becoming a sorry sight watching R V W struggling so much,just how long will it be before he gets another goal,I do feel so sorry for him but the Prem is not for him at the moment.Sat may not be the game to try Snodds there as Hoots will be playing for a draw or anything less than 6 against us.West Ham may be the game to try it Or perhaps Yobo is a secret forward after all even I can recall Rob Newman playing up front in the good old days having said that in the past we would always pop up with a result against a big team so Saturday watch out Man City we are due one.

I''ve thought for a while he''d be good in behind the main striker, the classic 4-2-3-1 system, Pilks and Redmond out wide or Jonas and Tettey and Fer sitting. Hooper up front.

I haven''t seen him play there, but I gather that Scotland at least once used him in a central role. Does anyone know how he got on there?

I like the sound if this. He''s good on the ball and could be a good link man. Pace on the wing with Redmond. Much more if a threat.

I like the sound of having 3 players in behind the striker rotating all three positions. Supposedly Redmond and Snodgrass at least could be called AM(RLC)''s in that they are comfortable in playing any role behind the striker, so why not mix it up a bit?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I like the sound of having 3 players in behind the striker rotating all three positions. Supposedly Redmond and Snodgrass at least could be called AM(RLC)''s in that they are comfortable in playing any role behind the striker, so why not mix it up a bit?[/quote]

I too think snodgrass there is an option,  as is pilks who is more genuinely two footed.   I think you can pick and position any three from pilks, snoddy, redmond, Jonas and Fer and make that three a pacy threatening option combined with defensive graft (esp a three of pilks, snoddy, jonas with Redmond as an impact sub,  Tettey and Fer deep starts to look a very strong midfield that can defend, pass and create)

With players coming back to fitness we do have real options, we just have to choose to us the talented players we have.   

That is the position he plays for Scotland, or at least does under Strachan. Has scored twice in the last qualifying campaign from that position. Both against Croatia - one a header and one running on to a through ball. I think it could be his best position.

[quote user="Paul"]if it stop him sending in sh*t crosses play him in goal.[/quote]

lol - the same thought went through my mind.

The problem with this formation is have a striker who looks dangerous as a lone player - I dont think we currently have one.   RvW has played that role most effectively for us but his confidence,  and that of the fans in him,  is rock bottom. 

Fulham away! He looks stronger when he comes inside a bit deeper, its when he labours up wide to the edge of the box and then comes inside that it slows us down. Snoddy pulling their LB inside and then having a better attacking RB would sort that problem out!

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Snodgrass has played in the hole for Norwich and things didn''t work out.[/quote]

When was this? Could we not try it again?

We try lots of other things that dont work over & over again.

I suppose everybody could swallow pride and actually look to the good and safety of this team and for gods sake get Wes back in the side,anyone would be peed off the way he has been treated,a lot more players keep their place in the side after awfull performances,so I for one support the man,he may be our only hope now.

Yes but that was for Scotland - don''t they have wider goals up there?

Must do the number of times he''s headed against the post for us this year.