Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Chelski not doping us any favours !!!

The man citeh goal machine comes to a grinding halt tonight.Curtrently 1 down home to Chelski with only injury time remaining.Are the wheels falling off the bus, or will they''re attacking players be out to seek revenge against us!!!Eeeek!

I think they will raise their game to beat us don''t you !

or to put it another way they are going to smash the hell out of us Saturday !

That''s how a clever manager can influence a game.

Out thought and out attacked the opposition. What is it they say about attack being the best form of defence.

Mind you, it helps to have that level of talent at your disposal.

each starting 11 worth £156m, puts our squad into perspective - and shows a 4-5-1 (4-3-2-1) can be effective

Sadly only chelsea have a mourinho

[quote user="Surfer"]I wonder when they last lost two in a row ?[/quote]End of last season? Us on the last day of the league and then Wigan in the cup final.

That''s Chelsea and Watford who have showed the way to play Man City.

Back four, two holding midfielders and a front four that didn''t stop running and pressing.

Man City`s midfield is great going forwards but slow to go backwards.

Sit back and they will pass through you.

Hope Redmond was watching Hazard, that''s the player we all hope you will become, not stuck out on the wing.

they both played with movement players moving all over the pitch when attacking the dropping into positions when defending classic football

Phil and Ted,

So, we''ve seen how it;s done, now what 11 do we put out to do the same?

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong/Yobo Olsson

Tettey Garrido

Redmond Fer Jonas

Hooper

Oh come on... if they had beat Chelsea 3-0 you''d be saying that it was a terrible result for us as they''d be coming in to our place oozing confidence. They are who they are, it''s how we set about them that will count..

[quote user="NWC"]Swap BJ for Eden Hazard????  :)

[/quote]
As far as I''m aware, Mourinho isn''t gay so not sure that would work. I love my club, but you just took it to a whole new dimension. 

[quote user="chrisr1606"][quote user="Surfer"]I wonder when they last lost two in a row ?[/quote]End of last season? Us on the last day of the league and then Wigan in the cup final.[/quote]

So we were involved in it last time! Lovely old job[Y]

OP has the best idea, we should dope ''em...

[quote user="Ray"]Phil and Ted,

So, we''ve seen how it;s done, now what 11 do we put out to do the same?

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong/Yobo Olsson

Tettey Garrido

Redmond Fer Jonas

Hooper[/quote]

I have never seen Yobo play so cant have an opinion on him.

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Snoddy Fer Redmond

Hooper

Would love some more pace up front but we don''t have it. Hopefully by playing two holding midfielders we can get Fer some space and he linked up well with Redmond against Cardiff.

Snoddy played well against Cardiff and the lateral movement was better but I worry that he will get stuck to the touchline and slow play down.

Have heard that Jonas can play RB, if so I would be tempted to put him in there instead of Russ.

As long as we actually give it a go I will be happy.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

I think they will raise their game to beat us don''t you !

or to put it another way they are going to smash the hell out of us Saturday !

[/quote]

They need to raise their game to best us?

If that''s the case that is the best news I have heard in a while!

Much as I like the idea of having a go at man city-there is no way we will set out to do this!! Will be the usual try to keep it tight and protect the point which will result in us going a goal down, have no plan b then the inevitable defeat .....by how many who knows.....followed by the usual "they are a quality team, we needed to be at our best, more clinical in the final third which we need to work on blah blah blah "

One message we should take from this game is, yes we need to be solid, and hope Man City miss some chances, but we also MUST have an attacking threat as well. And an attacking threat doesn''t mean trying to nick a goal from an odd set piece here or there. That means most of our threat will probably involve counter attacking at pace as Chelsea did. Because of this I would start with Redmond, as he is the only one of our attacking options who would worry man city defence one on one as hazard etc did tonight.

Also it is worth noting how Chelsea, got the perfect blend of pressing and holding their shape. You never saw them looking for the sanctuary of their 18 yard line, they were brave enough to go and press when they could while never getting so high up the pitch they could be caught in behind. We really must try to avoid getting hemmed into our own half for minutes on end and give them comfortable defensive and midfield possession.

Football is a strange old game and although it would seemingly require epic levels of concentration, hard work and luck, you just never know.

I think the title of this should be "Cardiff not doing ManC any favors".

After that display in Wales, we''re gonna come at them guns ablazing, damn the torpedoes. Beware, ManC!

Ha ha, just kidding ;)

quote user="Houston Canary" I think the title of this should be "Cardiff not doing ManC any favors".

After that display in Wales, we''re gonna come at them guns ablazing, damn the torpedoes. Beware, ManC!

Ha ha, just kidding;)/quote

You''re right HC. Man C would have looked at our Cardiff game and thought "Sh!t"

Even though we weren''t.

I expect Hughton will scare our lads shi*less before kick off with tales of how good Man Titty are, then stand back and watch in horror as the train-crash unfolds.

I agree with the posts above re how we must approach the game on Saturday. I accept entirely that we are not Chelsea and do not have the £20m plus pound players that they have but that does not mean that our players should not be able to execute a game plan or a set of tactics equally well. last night was the perfect example of how to play the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation in a balanced way so as to ensure that you have men behind the ball and also still carry enough of a threat when going forward to keep the opposition on the back foot. The key difference being the pressing of the front 4 players, the way they still got numbers forward to support the front man when attacking and the fact that they had some pace in the front 4 to give them an outlet.

We should be trying to do exactly the same on Saturday with the following team (assuming no Howson):

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Ollson

Fer Tettey Johnson

Snodgrass Hooper Redmond

Of the midfield 3 Fer can push on a bit because Tettey and Johnson can do the holding job. Redmond''s pace will be needed to stretch them on the break.

The one thing we simply must not do is sit off them, drop deep and let them have time and space to knock the ball around. Unfortunately though with Hughton;s previous comments about not being able to press the good teams I can see us doing that. If we do i think we will get thumped.