Sign in to follow this  
Brightside

Poll: Will we be relegated?

No.

But will this be a season to be proud of, a heroic great escape? No. For what we have spent and four our third season we have underachieved. While I wouldn''t expect us to be challenging the big boys, the promise of mid table mediocrity seems like a beautiful dream.

If we do stay up it''s going to have to be yet more backing in the transfer market to bring in a real quality attacking midfielder and in general an upgrade on a lot do what we have. That ans possibly a change of manager.

Two weeks ago, I''d have just erred on the NO side.But now I''m plumping for a YES .Just cannot see where we are going to score the goals that get us the wins needed, and we seem to have at least one soft goal conceded on average each match. If we''d changed the manager at the end of November I''d have predicted we''d stay up with relative ease, but I agree that I think that we''re lumbered with Hughton  now for the rest of the season, and that, ultimately , will be our undoing.

Vanwink wrote the following post at 02/02/2014 4:41 PM:

Not quite, will just survive and CH will go! thankfully!

Please let this be the case!

Sadly I think we will.

Those other teams we were hoping would be part of the ''3 worse teams than us'' scenario have either gained momentum (Palace, Sunderland) or have changed personnel to freshen up their fight (Cardiff, West Ham, Fulham).

Of the others in the mix, there could be a wildcard dropping into the bottom three from Swanselona, Hull or Stoke but I just feel the mood around Carra Rud is not going to create the spirit to keep us up. Fickle fans and those who castigate our own players do not help and we do not create the sort of intimidating atmosphere we are capable of to worry teams. When was the last time you felt we made it Fortress Carrow Road?

If Citeh run up a cricket score on Saturday, we may well be in the bottom 3 with a Cardiff/Fulham goal difference...and I think it will stay that way and we will be the three for the drop.

1 point from 3 games so far against that pair tells its own story - however much wailing and gnashing of teeth there is about having 30+ attempts on goal, hitting the woodwork and how well we played. Those points were there for the taking - and we didn''t.

Oh, and we cannot seem to hit a cows a5e with a banjo at the moment.

It''s always been said, prevention is better than cure. Would it not have been better to do whatever it took to prevent us dropping into the bottom 3, rather than try and put it right once we''ve dropped? It seems so simple to me.

I will also add that when you''ve got all or a combination of Martin, Bennett, Johnson and Elmander in the team at the same time you''re going to be up against it.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]NO chance.

We will be on the beach with a few games to go.

Trust in Hoots and the players and the board. You have no reason not too.[/quote]Just laughable!!!

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]NO chance.

We will be on the beach with a few games to go.

Trust in Hoots and the players and the board. You have no reason not too.[/quote]
I can name a few reason not to trust him, and why we will not be on the beach;
Less goals scored at this stage in our 3 seasons back.
Less points accrued at this stage in our 3 seasons back.
He signed the players that are apparently championship standard according to your brigade. 
He fields the team that capitulates more often that not.
We will do well to beat Villa and Fulham away who both beat us at home, when they have the indian sign over us. Plus the 4 game run in. Take out the expected drubbing this weekend, as Man City do it to every team in this league. Spurs at home will at best be a draw, and we then have about 6 games to save our selves.
With 6 wins in 24 so far, can you really see the required 3/4 wins out of just 6 games? I cannot. We left it too late, and have only ourselves to blame.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Lets hope the players have got a bit more about them than you lot!!

Jesus wept.[/quote]
They didn''t yesterday anyway!! Where do you think we get it from? [:P]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]My optimism has evaporated with the season. I feel we will finish 17th or 18th[/quote]

Look on the brightside YC. There could be four extra home games next season.Every cloud has a silver lining.[;)]

If you think we are going to be relegated I honestly don''t know why you bother supporting at all. The bottom line of course is that we could be relegated, but the question was "will we be relegated". How can we answer that when we''re still in the middle of a battle? Plenty of games and plenty of twists and turns to happen. Its not done and dusted yet and to read defeatist stuff on here is just depressing. Get a grip and find some stomach for the fight. We saw how the team can play yesterday. Great games and battles ahead. Put your depressive nonsense away and get excited by the prospect of the next few weeks. There are three teams to go down out of ten, possibly eleven. There is no reason to suppose we have to be one of them.

[quote user="lake district canary"]If you think we are going to be relegated I honestly don''t know why you bother supporting at all. The bottom line of course is that we could be relegated, but the question was "will we be relegated". How can we answer that when we''re still in the middle of a battle? Plenty of games and plenty of twists and turns to happen. Its not done and dusted yet and to read defeatist stuff on here is just depressing. Get a grip and find some stomach for the fight. We saw how the team can play yesterday. Great games and battles ahead. Put your depressive nonsense away and get excited by the prospect of the next few weeks. There are three teams to go down out of ten, possibly eleven. There is no reason to suppose we have to be one of them.[/quote]

I bet if you were Captain of the Titanic you would not have spotted the iceberg and when the ship started to go down would still not have lowered the lifeboats would you Lakey ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]If you think we are going to be relegated I honestly don''t know why you bother supporting at all. The bottom line of course is that we could be relegated, but the question was "will we be relegated". How can we answer that when we''re still in the middle of a battle? Plenty of games and plenty of twists and turns to happen. Its not done and dusted yet and to read defeatist stuff on here is just depressing. Get a grip and find some stomach for the fight. We saw how the team can play yesterday. Great games and battles ahead. Put your depressive nonsense away and get excited by the prospect of the next few weeks. There are three teams to go down out of ten, possibly eleven. There is no reason to suppose we have to be one of them.[/quote]

I bet if you were Captain of the Titanic you would not have spotted the iceberg and when the ship started to go down would still not have lowered the lifeboats would you Lakey ?

[/quote]

No, but I bet he would have still been blowing air bubbles enthusiastically. [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"]If you think we are going to be relegated I honestly don''t know why you bother supporting at all. The bottom line of course is that we could be relegated, but the question was "will we be relegated". How can we answer that when we''re still in the middle of a battle? Plenty of games and plenty of twists and turns to happen. Its not done and dusted yet and to read defeatist stuff on here is just depressing. Get a grip and find some stomach for the fight. We saw how the team can play yesterday. Great games and battles ahead. Put your depressive nonsense away and get excited by the prospect of the next few weeks. There are three teams to go down out of ten, possibly eleven. There is no reason to suppose we have to be one of them.[/quote]Yet again, and for the umpteenth time Lakey displays his unerring ability to totally miss the point.This was a poll, Lakey. Just in case you are confused, a poll is something in which an individual offers their opinion on a subject. Particularly simple in this case, as it involves merely a YES/NO answer.In every instance, bar you, posters have done just that. I voted yes....not because I want to see City relegated, but because, unfortunately I believe now that they will be. Those who voted likewise have not stopped, and will not stop supporting Norwich, as you suggest. It''s purely their take on the subject.And, as a response to your final post, there is EVERY reason to suppose that we will be one of the 3 teams relagated, for the simple fact is we are not garnering points quickly enough to avoid it.

poor old LDCnearly as funny as that Keep the Failure chapin this case we have - There is no reason to suppose we have to be one of them.which sits rather odd with - The bottom line of course is that we could be relegated,

could the reason that we could be relegated, be the same reason that LDC claims doesn''t exist ?

[quote user="lake district canary"]The vultures are always there lurking I see. Poll or no poll the defeatism on here stinks!!!!!![/quote]

Well, when most people detect "stink" they go in the opposite direction but it seems to attract you.