Sign in to follow this  
Brightside

Poll: Will we be relegated?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Reggie, I think you''ll find our squad is inferior to lots of teams that we have less money than?

It''s better than Cardiff''s though and they''ve spent more money than us, where do you think that leaves Hughton?[/quote]Well, Warren. Clearly it''s NOT better than Cardiff''s, on the basis that they''ve taken 4 pts from us this season !As for your first sentence then I suspect you are deliberately misreading what I said. Of course thee are people with more money than us who''ve got better squads (Man Citeh, Liverpool, Spurs etc).  But, I (and by the looks of things evidently some others) do not accept your premise that Southampton have a much better squad than us. They just use it better, coached by more clued-up staff.So, you ask me where does that leave Hughton ? Well, in case I''d not made myself clear over the last few weeks,  I want him out of this club. Are you clear now ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Clearly it''s NOT better than Cardiff''s, on the basis that they''ve taken 4 pts from us this season ![/quote]Without trying to be pedantic Reggie, they''ve actually just taken a single point from us this season.We start EVERY game with a point, so after the draw earlier in the season where we kept our point, we''ve then surrended the second point by losing on Saturday to them.What we have done is chronically fail to improve on our base points despite playing a team not only below us, but one that most of the league has had no major trouble against...

[quote user="morty"]No, I don''t think we will be relegated.But some of you are really going to have to keep your pants dry, and hold your nerve.[/quote]

Trying to Morty. But starting to feel a bit of dampness down there.

Might be an age thing though.

I''m going for no, but by 1 point, or on goal difference, on the last day. It''s clear we''re not going to pull away to safety at any point, so it''s just going to be a big lottery between us and the other 7 or 8.

At least we should know by the fulham game if we''re staying up or not!

I reckon we''ll see a couple of proper effort and performances against the top 4 in the last 4 games, but probably without much result.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Clearly it''s NOT better than Cardiff''s, on the basis that they''ve taken 4 pts from us this season ![/quote]Without trying to be pedantic Reggie, they''ve actually just taken a single point from us this season.We start EVERY game with a point, so after the draw earlier in the season where we kept our point, we''ve then surrended the second point by losing on Saturday to them.What we have done is chronically fail to improve on our base points despite playing a team not only below us, but one that most of the league has had no major trouble against...[/quote]Hmm..... Maybe you remember the spat on here about a year ago, Indy, when this question was raised...ie whether you start with one or zero points ? I think it was to do with the fact that someone objected to these ''as it stands'' tables that are all the rage during games these days. For my part, I take it we start with zero, on zero minutes, so I stand by my assertion that Cardiff have taken four points off us, but I do get your drift !Certainly agree with your second point though. Our record recently against the bottom clubs is absolutely pathetic. Unless the unthinkable happens and we start getting point against the Spurs, Citehs, Asenals of this world, if we continue in this vein we''ll be stuffed.

the must wins are vital, but I think we''ll need at least one or two of our typical, seasonal "scalps". We''ve not managed it yet this season, never say never.

We''ll slip into the bottom 3 for a bit in Feb, pop back out in March so I''m thinking we''ll need something special in those awful 5 last games (we never win away at Fulham). Beat the Arsenal last game of the season to stay up? At least it''ll be exciting.

16th.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]For my part, I take it we start with zero, on zero minutes, so I stand by my assertion that Cardiff have taken four points off us, but I do get your drift ![/quote]Huh?We start at 0-0, which if nothing changes results in a draw. For a draw we get 1 point. If we lose the game then we longer receive that point and get 0 instead.This means that only three options are possible:A) Draw - we keep the point that we started with at 0-0 (be this via 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc).B) Lose - we lose the point we''d have got from the draw we started the game withC) Win - we not only keep the point from the draw result, but add two more on topWith the greatest of respect, there are no other alternatives because a draw result (which you automatically start at) gives you 1 point, so saying we start on zero is just silly.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]For my part, I take it we start with zero, on zero minutes, so I stand by my assertion that Cardiff have taken four points off us, but I do get your drift ![/quote]Huh?We start at 0-0, which if nothing changes results in a draw. For a draw we get 1 point. If we lose the game then we longer receive that point and get 0 instead.This means that only three options are possible:A) Draw - we keep the point that we started with at 0-0 (be this via 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc).B) Lose - we lose the point we''d have got from the draw we started the game withC) Win - we not only keep the point from the draw result, but add two more on topWith the greatest of respect, there are no other alternatives because a draw result (which you automatically start at) gives you 1 point, so saying we start on zero is just silly.[/quote]I''m not going to argue with you over this Indy, because, as I said earlier, this subject was done to death last year.If it makes you feel any better I''ll rephrase it that Cardiff have scored 4 points in their games against us this season. We have scored three fewer.

not looking good played well saturday tbf still could not win bit worrying that because we have more bad performances than good, so if we do play well need to win, cant see where the wins are coming from, letting my heart rule head here NO.

Wow so many on here are on their backs having their tummies tickled!

So many sides are struggling, and regardless of what news signings have been made, the majority will continue to struggle. For me, its No we will not be relegated....but, it will be close, very close.....and as I think Morty pointed out, we will have to hold our nerve, and I think we have enough, just, to do that....OTBC!!!!  

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''m not going to argue with you over this Indy, because, as I said earlier, this subject was done to death last year.[/quote]There''s nothing to argue about Reggie, those are the facts and people can either accept them or live in some fantasy land instead [;)][quote]If it makes you feel any better I''ll rephrase it that Cardiff have scored 4 points in their games against us this season.[/quote]And that''s all we actually needed [:)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''m not going to argue with you over this Indy, because, as I said earlier, this subject was done to death last year.[/quote]There''s nothing to argue about Reggie, those are the facts and people can either accept them or live in some fantasy land instead [;)][quote]If it makes you feel any better I''ll rephrase it that Cardiff have scored 4 points in their games against us this season.[/quote]And that''s all we actually needed [:)][/quote]As you seem to be rather hung up on pedantry and exactitude this evening,Indy, perhaps you can clarify exactly what you mean by that ??!!Personally, I''d have thought that we needed six points from the two Cardiff games.......

The simple answer is yes. You can''t win games without scoring goals. We can''t score goals, ergo we can''t win games.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Wow so many on here are on their backs having their tummies tickled!

So many sides are struggling, and regardless of what news signings have been made, the majority will continue to struggle. For me, its No we will not be relegated....but, it will be close, very close.....and as I think Morty pointed out, we will have to hold our nerve, and I think we have enough, just, to do that....OTBC!!!!  

[/quote]Holding our nerve has nothing to do with it , we have to win football matches and we do not do that very often .

This is a funny poll, anyone counted the votes yet[:^)]

Should make it like Dancing On Ice and charge 35p to vote. Bet Reggie wouldn''t be on here so many times then...

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]At least you''ve got the pleasure of living in a city with a championship winning team SC (even if it''s egg chasing).[/quote]
Too true mate. It was fun to watch, and loved seeing a team actually tactically implement a plan and show dominance throughout! I understand very little about the rules, but theres a big parade downtown Wednesday and that should be fun to take my mind off the state of things at home!