Sign in to follow this  
Brightside

Poll: Will we be relegated?

[quote user="City1st"]poor old LDCnearly as funny as that Keep the Failure chapin this case we have - There is no reason to suppose we have to be one of them.which sits rather odd with - The bottom line of course is that we could be relegated,

could the reason that we could be relegated, be the same reason that LDC claims doesn''t exist ?[/quote]any chance of explaining that contradiction, LDC ?

Ok guys.

A simple question.

What team in his league do you feel we should be matching. As far as I can see we are within 3 points of the ones that we should be.

But would be interesting to know what team you feel is of our equal, if we were "performing" of course.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]With the quality in our squad we shouldn''t be far off where Southampton are.[/quote]

Exactly my opinion too which I stated clearly a number of months ago. There is not a huge difference in the quality of players that Southampton and Norwich have available. However, it should be obvious to all but the blind that Southampton are being coached in a manner that instills belief in the players because they move to attack with confidence, including the two 18 year olds they employ in the fullback positions. They may lose games but they never seem to lose their belief. Yesterday, for example, they did not perform as well as I have seen them on other occasions but they still believed in their ability to attack and score as they won 3-0 at Fulham.

We never had a chance it''s in the stars that 2014 would be a relegation year, after all we have gone down in 1974,1984,1994,and 2004 . We''re buggered !

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Promoted in 04 we were.[/quote]

you are correct we were relegated in 94/95

Are there really people still not aware of the massive amount of subsidies Soton have received from wealthy benefactors? Furthermore Soton are just one club. The argument only serves to demonstrate how ignorant and deluded some people are.

Their squad is better than ours.

I thought we might catch them and that they''d benefited from a flying start, I was wrong. I was guilty of over-estimating our squads ability, just as people have, and continue to do, since we spent a few quid.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Their squad is better than ours.

I thought we might catch them and that they''d benefited from a flying start, I was wrong. I was guilty of over-estimating our squads ability, just as people have, and continue to do, since we spent a few quid.[/quote]So......... on the basis that it was Hughton who assembled this ''inferior'' squad, and ''spent a few quid'' in the process, what does that say about him, and where, precisely ,does it leave him ?

We do not have the funds to compete with Southampton who have a better squad and players on higher wages.

Try again and do attempt to be realistic .

Reggie, I think you''ll find our squad is inferior to lots of teams that we have less money than?

It''s better than Cardiff''s though and they''ve spent more money than us, where do you think that leaves Hughton?

Hughton is sinking deeper and deeper into caution when he should be having a go by getting the team to move the ball forwards quicker and playing flair players.

It isn''t enough to rely on clean sheets.

We are in a goal scoring rut and confidence is low. A viscous spiral I''m afraid.

The relationship between fans and players is a disaster. The two groups most affected by an inept management and impotent board in-fighting. Snodgrass is the most obvious to me. He is playing his heart out and yet he gets what H ugh ton should be getting.........madness. The next example is the pilloried Wes. Shocking.

What can we change? We can support the players 100% on and off the pitch despite Noclueton, Caldermidwife and McDillydally.

Do we have to be relegated.......NO!

Is it inevitable........NO!

Yes.If we sacked Hughton today, I think we''d still have a chance of surviving. A good fighting chance.With him, no way. He just doesn''t have the vision, flexibility or intelligence to be a Premiership manager.

Ruddy > Boruc

Bennett > Fonte

Snoddy > Rodriguez (he''s playing wide)

Fer > Wanyama

Redmond > Davis

And I''m sure Hooper would get a game there too.

Saints are all about coaching and confidence. Players that rose with them from L1 still regularly feature, yet ours were dismissed a year ago saying we would be found out.

they play to their own strengths, regardless of opposition. They dare, take their game to the opposition.

Rather than set up to stifle they set up to win.

If they are losing they stick to their principles and continue to play high pressing and intricate passing.

I admire them. (Cue shouts of go and support them).

No, I don''t think we will be relegated.But some of you are really going to have to keep your pants dry, and hold your nerve.

Yeah. And some, and there''s no need to mention names, will have a cardiac when we go down and they realise that beloved Chris isn''t worth the worship and defence they''ve been giving him.

despite being sincerely 2000% concerned, with a level head I just can''t see us going down. even without yellow tinted glasses. I was at the Fulham when we got demolished and sent down and I can''t see it happening this season.