Sign in to follow this  
Brightside

Poll: Will we be relegated?

In all likelihood we will be in the relegation places come the end of next weeks games. Do you think that this is where we will still be at the end of the season?

I''ll start it off with an unfortunate Yes

[quote user="Brightside"]In all likelihood we will be in the relegation places come the end of next weeks games. Do you think that this is where we will still be at the end of the season?

I''ll start it off with an unfortunate Yes[/quote]A distinct possibility, but that''s been on the cards since we featured in the bottom five after a dozen games. I said in October it would be a hard fight this season and we would be very close at the end. Nothing has changed, it will be very close and nothing more than a couple of points either way.Hold tight and prepare for a bumpy ride.

[|-)] who cares [quote user="Brightside"]In all likelihood we will be in the relegation places come the end of next weeks games. Do you think that this is where we will still be at the end of the season?

I''ll start it off with an unfortunate Yes[/quote]

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]I said I''d give Hughton until November to prove himself. Need I say anymore.

I hate saying it, but, yes :([/quote]

Should have added that I would be more than happy to be proved wrong :)

Nothough as the apologists continually remind us, an ever so ''umble club like ours with a dreadful squad should not get above itself, guvif we accept that 17th place is what we should aspire to then there will not be so much disappointment if we do go down(touches forelock)

I said last season that I was worried the improvement made to our defensive play might have gone a bit too far and killed us as an attacking force and this season has only served to confirm my fears.

Our strikers haven''t and don''t score goals under Hughton and he hasn''t shown any hint he knows how to fix it. Needed to be addressed in the window but we got two players that don''t score goals.

We are in big trouble but I think we might just scrape through.

Too many games have gone past where we would have been aiming to pick up points and haven''t, we''re running out of games that are winnable and I think we''ve left ourselves too much to do.

The players seem short on belief and confidence and the management team short on ideas. We''re not scoring goals which is the mark of a troubled side and (Hull aside) it just doesn''t seem to be running for us when we need it to.

We need a change in fortunes or I can''t see us surviving, hopefully Howsons return could be the catalyst but I fear the worst.

Sadly yes, but there will be a silver lining... Hughton will boldly say that he has the squad to take us straight back up again!!

That game yesterday is the sort of game which relegates teams. I''m still not sure either way at the moment. I''ll bring this thread up again after the West Ham game. Think that game is massive.

Looking into my crystal ball.On the last day of the season there will be 5 clubs at the bottom of the league, all on the same points and one of them will be us.The 4 others will all lose their last game but Arsenal will be on the beach and we will them 3-0.Houdini Hughton will escape again and win a vote of confidence to carry on for next season.And then we will go through the whole damn thing yet again

Yes we will finish bottom following another shocking run. Something we have gone on far more times than the 1 good one under new manager syndrome. Since then we have been awful and we are destined for 1 place and 1 place only. This is something the fans have seen coming for a log while yet the board seem blind to it!

Unless you can score goals you will go down. The writing has been on the wall for along time. We bought duds who are firing blanks.

Quite possible, we have been under-performing virtually the entire season, and short of some individual brilliance like Howson''s last summer it is difficult to see things changing much. Hughton is trying, but I doubt very much whether he has what it would take.