Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Why Hughton was appointed (possibly) -

clearly you are not aware of why Lambert leftas to this story having some credence because it featured on other forum threads then I would refer you to the claim about the moon landings being faked

[quote user="City1st"]clearly you are not aware of why Lambert left

as to this story having some credence because it featured on other forum threads then I would refer you to the claim about the moon landings being faked

[/quote]

Are you? 

Did Lambert not threaten to leave? Burnley? Are Lambert and Bowkett best pals? Did Lambert not walk out because of our initial refusal to let him speak to Villa?  Bowkett has talked about bits of the situation (from his pov).  Lambert, did he not say that the full may never come out?

So, why did he leave?[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I am far from suggesting that this was the only criteria, but don''t forget that this was a shortlist of 3 and the importance of the above could have been weighted fairly heavily by one or some board members in conjunction with any scoring system.  The person who scored the highest, may have been more of a Lambert type and perhaps one or some board members were feeling a bit ''once bitten, twice shy''?

Is it really that far fetched a fairy tale?[:^)]

[/quote]I have obviously missed this. When was it confirmed that there was a short list of three? If so, who were the other two? Who was the stroppy Lambert Clone, and who the semi-nice guy in the middle?All I have ever seen said by the club was that Hughton was always the number one choice. I take that, as I take anything said by anyone in football, with a touch of scepticism. People in football do not always tell the whole truth. But on what is this idea of two other strong candidates based?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I am far from suggesting that this was the only criteria, but don''t forget that this was a shortlist of 3 and the importance of the above could have been weighted fairly heavily by one or some board members in conjunction with any scoring system.  The person who scored the highest, may have been more of a Lambert type and perhaps one or some board members were feeling a bit ''once bitten, twice shy''?

[/quote]

I have obviously missed this. When was it confirmed that there was a short list of three? If so, who were the other two? Who was the stroppy Lambert Clone, and who the semi-nice guy in the middle?

All I have ever seen said by the club was that Hughton was always the number one choice. I take that, as I take anything said by anyone in football, with a touch of scepticism. People in football do not always tell the whole truth. But on what is this idea of two other strong candidates based?

[/quote]

I don''t know the answer to your question, Purple but can I just inject that, given Hughton is such a nice guy, having been inundated with the phrase, I am highly relieved that this is at least one occasion when we did not revert to the mean ( one ).

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]I have obviously missed this. When was it confirmed that there was a short list of three? If so, who were the other two? Who was the stroppy Lambert Clone, and who the semi-nice guy in the middle?All I have ever seen said by the club was that Hughton was always the number one choice. I take that, as I take anything said by anyone in football, with a touch of scepticism. People in football do not always tell the whole truth. But on what is this idea of two other strong candidates based?[/quote]

I don''t know the answer to your question, Purple but can I just inject that, given Hughton is such a nice guy, having been inundated with the phrase, I am highly relieved that this is at least one occasion when we did not revert to the mean ( one ).

[/quote]Yankee, I get VERY confused by all this reverting to the mean stuff. I did wonder if it meant reverting to Greenwich Mean Time. As with the end of the summer. But while most posters are currently in strict GMT and so is  Chris Hughton (apart from when he is scouting the Armenian third divison) I don''t think you or I are. And when summer returns and NCFC leaves the (Greenwich)  mean (time) behind is that good or bad? Is the club reverting or re-reverting? Or inverting? Does that mean we should never alter the clocks in the boardroom for fear of inverting when we should have re-unninverted?Way too deep for me. The only certainty seems to be that you and I will always be out of kilter with this legendary mean. Whatever it may be.

Purple you appear to have missed the operative word here - '' story''. None of the above has been stated as fact.

The vast majority on this thread appear to be saying even the thought of such a thing is ludicrous. Yet 2 examples from many spring to mind - Southampton & Chelsea - such things do happen.

What makes people so certain that such things would never occur at our football club, when they do at others?

No Slim, you have got it wrong. Every time this issue comes up, City 1st is all over the thread like a rash with his "I know a secret you don''t know and I''m not telling but you''re talking rubbish" mantra.

Bow to the inevitable. City 1st has been blessed with secrets by the Gods and is cursed to walk amongst us, berating us for our ignorance whilst unable on fear of death to impart the secrets that he bears.

In the middle ages, the most holy relic was the One True Cross. Now it is the One True Story of Lambert''s Departure and only one man is blessed with that.

And he isn''t telling.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Purple you appear to have missed the operative word here - '' story''. None of the above has been stated as fact.

The vast majority on this thread appear to be saying even the thought of such a thing is ludicrous. Yet 2 examples from many spring to mind - Southampton & Chelsea - such things do happen.

What makes people so certain that such things would never occur at our football club, when they do at others?[/quote]Yes it has. By you. You stated as a fact:I am far from suggesting that this was the only criteria, but don''t

forget that this was a shortlist of 3
and the importance of the above

could have been weighted fairly heavily by one or some board members in

conjunction with any scoring system.  The person who scored the highest,

may have been more of a Lambert type and perhaps one or some board

members were feeling a bit ''once bitten, twice shy''?You said it was a fact that there was a shortlist of three, and used that supposed fact to back up the idea that there might be some substance to the whoe story. You weren''t just quoting the story there. You were stating this independently. Which is why I asked you how you knew there was a shortlist of three, because I have never seen anything to suggest that was the case..

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]No Slim, you have got it wrong. Every time this issue comes up, City 1st is all over the thread like a rash with his "I know a secret you don''t know and I''m not telling but you''re talking rubbish" mantra.

Bow to the inevitable. City 1st has been blessed with secrets by the Gods and is cursed to walk amongst us, berating us for our ignorance whilst unable on fear of death to impart the secrets that he bears.

In the middle ages, the most holy relic was the One True Cross. Now it is the One True Story of Lambert''s Departure and only one man is blessed with that.

And he isn''t telling.[/quote]

Maybe you have read PC''s comments above

Now stop making up stuff

I have not claimed a secret, merely pointed out the total improbability of you nonsense about Delia overturning the board''s decision

Any grown up will tell you that stuff like this is minuted and the votes recorded. Do you seriously think for one moment that the board could remain as it is if one member could simply over rule the rest on a whim ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Purple you appear to have missed the operative word here - '' story''. None of the above has been stated as fact. The vast majority on this thread appear to be saying even the thought of such a thing is ludicrous. Yet 2 examples from many spring to mind - Southampton & Chelsea - such things do happen. What makes people so certain that such things would never occur at our football club, when they do at others?[/quote]

Yes it has. By you. You stated as a fact:

You said it was a fact that there was a shortlist of three, and used that supposed fact to back up the idea that there might be some substance to the whoe story. You weren''t just quoting the story there. You were stating this independently. Which is why I asked you how you knew there was a shortlist of three, because I have never seen anything to suggest that was the case..
[/quote]

I have no where stated or claimed anything as fact, quite the opposite in fact!

Did you even read my OP????  The one from the STORY from wotb.  From my op on page 1, the STORY says and I quote "Anyway, as oart of the appointment process, the Board used a scoring system to assess the suitability of three candidates."

Even if it was me who suggested 3 I in no way claimed or implied that as a fact!!! As is shown on the post where I mention the possibility that the board may have wanted a move away from a Lambert type person.  I opened this post with STORY in the first sentence and closed it "Is it really that far fetched a fairy tale?Huh? [:^)]" in the last sentence.

I can accept it if you are not interested in discussing any of the things I have raised in regard to this STORY, e.g. that the board may have wanted a move away from a Lambert type of person or that such things do happen at other football clubs, at other football clubs in the PL, where the owners/majority shareholders do indeed ''pull rank'' if one wishes to use that term.  But do not, under any circumstances fabricate lies about what I have typed!

"Even if it was me who suggested 3 I in no way claimed or implied that as a fact!!! "

or

"but don''t forget that this was a shortlist of 3"

sounds like a stated fact to me, never mind claimed or implied

Once upon a time there was a shortlist of three.One nice, one not so nice and one very nice indeed.

blimey ricardo

tens posts separate you and old broadstares

I can remember when lambert left I don''t know if he was on shortlist or applied / sent his cv in was a manger from Europe wonder who that was ?? probably steve McLaren not so glamourous as I first thought !

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Purple you appear to have missed the operative word here - '' story''. None of the above has been stated as fact. The vast majority on this thread appear to be saying even the thought of such a thing is ludicrous. Yet 2 examples from many spring to mind - Southampton & Chelsea - such things do happen. What makes people so certain that such things would never occur at our football club, when they do at others?[/quote]Yes it has. By you. You stated as a fact:I am far from suggesting that this was the only criteria, but don''t forget that this was a shortlist of 3 and the importance of the above could have been weighted fairly heavily by one or some board members in conjunction with any scoring system.  The person who scored the highest, may have been more of a Lambert type and perhaps one or some board members were feeling a bit ''once bitten, twice shy''?You said it was a fact that there was a shortlist of three, and used that supposed fact to back up the idea that there might be some substance to the whoe story. You weren''t just quoting the story there. You were stating this independently. Which is why I asked you how you knew there was a shortlist of three, because I have never seen anything to suggest that was the case..[/quote]

I have no where stated or claimed anything as fact, quite the opposite in fact!

Did you even read my OP????  The one from the STORY from wotb.  From my op on page 1, the STORY says and I quote "Anyway, as oart of the appointment process, the Board used a scoring system to assess the suitability of three candidates."

Even if it was me who suggested 3 I in no way claimed or implied that as a fact!!! As is shown on the post where I mention the possibility that the board may have wanted a move away from a Lambert type person.  I opened this post with STORY in the first sentence and closed it "Is it really that far fetched a fairy tale?Huh? [:^)]" in the last sentence.

I can accept it if you are not interested in discussing any of the things I have raised in regard to this STORY, e.g. that the board may have wanted a move away from a Lambert type of person or that such things do happen at other football clubs, at other football clubs in the PL, where the owners/majority shareholders do indeed ''pull rank'' if one wishes to use that term.  But do not, under any circumstances fabricate lies about what I have typed!

[/quote]No. I am not lying. For the last time, because kind of thing is tedious for anyone else, you did say it was a fact that there was a shortlist of three. In your OP you posted the link to the WotB story and explained in outline what was being alleged - that Hughton had been the worst of three candidates but that Delia had picked him anyway. At that point it is looks as if you are just repeating what is being alleged, although there is an indication ("No idea who the other two were.") that you believe the basics of the story.But in a later post, after receiving some criticism for publicising a story that seemed highly unlikely, you posted that whole paragraph (starting "I am far from suggesting...") that was a clear attempt to try to justify posting the allegation and to explain why you thought there might be at least something to this story. And the paragraph  included:"Don''t forget that this was a shortlist of 3."That is not you quoting the WotB story. That is you stating it as a fact, something you supposedly know to be true, to give credence to the story. I assume, since you haven''t now said otherwise, that you have no idea whether there was such a shortlist.

Purple, you''re treading on very thin ice here. Your are indeed for some unbeknown reason blatantly lying and fabricating things that I have not said, but which you claim I have or THINK I have implied. You thinking that I have implied something, or claiming that purely just to 5 h1t stir is not fact!

I fail to see how me copying a link to a STORY on wotb "is indication that you believe the basics of the story". This is purely supposition on your part, nothing more!

I did not allegate anything, I posted STORY from wotb. I did not and did not need to justify anything because it was not an allegation, it was a STORY, somebody else''s STORY which I was discussing if it could have been possible.

The "don''t forget that this was a shortlist of 3" was in reference to the STORY. Which appears was needed because you forgot and claimed it was me who invented it! I mentioned this to remind people that we were talking about a shortlist of 3 in reference to the STORY ie that the criteria was not just to go out and find a nice manager, that Hughton had made the shortlist of 3 and that certain qualities could then be give more weight than others.

I did not invent a shortlist of 3. It is part of the STORY that I was discussing. You lied about that! You also avoid all references to STORY and the end of that post where I finish it with fairy tale.

You have invented, lied, supposed and thought things about whatI have typed and put them forward as fact to continue your vendetta.

You have not discussed any of the points I have raised, different type of person to Lambert, it happens at other clubs etc, which I acknowledge you are entitled to do. However your sole purpose on this thread is to fabricate a vendetta of lies against me.

I don''t know why you are behaving like this and I don''t care. I repeat do not fabricate lies about what I have typed!

........the fact is, as we all know, that the shortlist was 5. Whether Hughton was appointed directly from that shortlist of 5 or whether that shortlist was reduced further before he was appointed, we don''t know.