Sign in to follow this  
If I had the wings of  a sparrow

Hucks to stay for at least 2 -years

On the official site Hucks confirms his commitment to all things yellow & green, along with Deano the other day the future is looking good. I reckon out of this squad we will lose Damo, Brennan, Edworthy, Helveg, McVeigh, Gallagher & possibly Greeno, & the odd shock leaver like a Holty or Flem may also happen. I think these will be replaced by Ward as the main keeper, with Joe Lewis stepping up from acadamy. I think we will go out and add 3-4 high quality additions to the squad & we will need a right back or 2 Charlton will cover Drury. I would like to sign Etuhu to replace Francis & I would love to see us sign an old style right winger who can get in early crosses for our lethal forward line.Whatever league & I still think it will be the premier we are going to be alright.

I''d be disappointed if we lost Gallagher.  I''m sure if Greeno went he''d be first choice.  If we can keep players like Deano, Hucks, Leon I''d be confident whatever league we''re in.  I think it would be a good oppertunity to shift some of the dead wood though.  Mullers has already gone and I wouldn''t be disappointed if WLY and Brennan followed him out the door 

Doubt you''ll be seeing that many leave, after all we''ll be Premier League next season. Plus Etuhu isn''t that great, much rather have Sidwell or Reo-Coker

Hucks is a legend imo, obviously not interested in going anywhere else cos he''s already been at some of the biggest clubs and knows it''s not all it''s cracked up to be. He puts happiness and quality of life before all else, just hope he''s had a few words in Deanos ear to remind him how lucky he is to live in such a wonderful part of the country and warn him of the perils of sitting on the bench at a big headed club.

this is good news.

As i see it, we have many great players at the club, and whatever happens we will still be a great team.

I hope number 13 doesnt get sold

[quote]Hucks is a legend imo, obviously not interested in going anywhere else cos he''s already been at some of the biggest clubs and knows it''s not all it''s cracked up to be. He puts happiness and quality of...[/quote]

your making sense ...!  

[quote]I''d be disappointed if we lost Gallagher. I''m sure if Greeno went he''d be first choice. If we can keep players like Deano, Hucks, Leon I''d be confident whatever league we''re in. I think it would be...[/quote]

"I''d be disappointed if we lost Gallagher.  I''m sure if Greeno went he''d be first choice"

Have to agree with your comments on Gallagher DDiM. He''s a quality goalkeeper, and i personally think that''s he''s being loaned out to stay match sharp, as he''ll be number 1 choice if Green leaves. He''s far and away a better goalie than Darren Ward, with a lot of time on his side. Fair play to him for biding his time awaiting his chance.

As well as Greeno and Francis going to Prem clubs, I think that McVeigh, Brennan, Edworthy, Henderson and Stuart will go to lesser Championship / League sides. Worthy will keep Holt and Fleming as squad players, out of some perverse loyalty to them. Not sure what will happen with Helveg, Matty S or Charlie; the first two may return to their homeland, whilst Charlie may be snapped up by a decent Fizzy League club (as was Malky this season). I really hope that we can hang on to Deano, Leon and Shacks, all of whom will (quite deservedly) attract Prem interest. It would be nice if we could hang on to Bents for another season, but I''m not holding my breath. Thankfully, Hucks has said that he will definitely stay. What are your thoughts, people?