Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Help needed.

I know all you very helpful people on here will help me here,ankle in plaster,non weight bearing,2 crutches,, getting on a bit,how easy is it getting in the ground,lower river end but still some steps then sitting in quite cramped postion then getting out the ground without being in the way of the masses.Dont say leave before the end as I feel most people will be doing that on Sat.So yes I will leave at full time,thats sorted.I think some of you may say its not worth the bother but already missed 2 home games and cant face another afternoon of radio Norfolk finding out the goal they thought we just scored has in fact gone out for a throw in.So any advice from you lot helpful or just taking the p*ss wil be very welcome.

they will let you through an exit gate. I would imagine if you contact the club in advance they can ensure that if you give your name and show your ticket at the exit they will soon let you in.

I broke my ankle and was plastered up/crutches about 5 yrs ago, Pigman. I missed one game just afterwards, but, after I''d got a bit more confident on the crutches decided to go to the next one. My seat is quite low down in the City Stand, so to be fair, that helped. My wife drove me to the game and we arranged with the security lads early that she could drop me off by the entrance gate. No problem. Then I waited for a few minutes after the final whistle before I phoned her mobile, and she picked me up from behind the Barclay once all the crowd had gone. All in all it went pretty smoothly.Really, all it needs is a little forethought, and the acceptance that an exercise that normally takes 5 mins now takes half an hour. But I guess you are knowing that already anyway !!Best of luck.

the pigman wrote the following post at 2014-02-04 2:56 PM:

I know all you very helpful people on here will help me here,ankle in plaster,non weight bearing,2 crutches,, getting on a bit,how easy is it getting in the ground,lower river end but still some steps then sitting in quite cramped postion then getting out the ground without being in the way of the masses.Dont say leave before the end as I feel most people will be doing that on Sat.So yes I will leave at full time,thats sorted.I think some of you may say its not worth the bother but already missed 2 home games and cant face another afternoon of radio Norfolk finding out the goal they thought we just scored has in fact gone out for a throw in.So any advice from you lot helpful or just taking the p*ss wil be very welcome.

Hi, a mate of mine recently had a similar problem, season ticket holder. He contacted the club who arranged for him to use the disabled area for two matches - I think you will find them obliging in the circumstances.

Once again many thanks all,the advice I have taken is to get in touch with Hoots and offer my services up front and if he declines I shall have a Wes rant.Strangely this site is keeping me sane at the moment is that a first.

[quote user="City 2nd"]the pigman wrote the following post at 2014-02-04 2:56 PM:

Hi, a mate of mine recently had a similar problem, season ticket holder. He contacted the club who arranged for him to use the disabled area for two matches - I think you will find them obliging in the circumstances.[/quote]Bit late on this one but the bloke who deals with disability access at Carrow Road is Steven Graham.I''ve dealt with him before and he''s usually pretty helpful. He may be able to get you in the disabled seats in front of the Jarrold Stand near the N & P or failing that there is the disabled viewing gallery in the Community Stand corner. It''s not at ground level and access via the lift is a bit slow but the view is better but it''s behind glass. ( You sometimes end up with a post across the goal-line. )Good luck