Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Beating Man City could relegate us

Hear me out guys.

We''ve had a ''Beating West Ham could relegate us'' thread and we won that game.

We''ve had a ''Beating Hull could relegate us'' thread and we won that game.

I feel that it is my duty to point out that a win will secure the managers job for a few more games and that this is a bad thing, although many of you will not understand how getting three points is a bad thing I can assure you that it is and none of us should want this to happen. It will be completely the wrong thing to happen, absolutely not what we should be desiring at all, no, not one iota.

Now, I''m expecting many posts to battle it out in counter arguments, please feel free to be as unpleasant as you wish to each other.

Perhaps if this idea works, we could ,the following Tues, go for a cinema style;BEATING WEST HAM COULD RELEGATE US   II...THE SEQUELStarring : Bob Snodgrass and Rick van WolfDirected by:  Clueless Chris

My "Beating West Ham" title was ironic....seeing as we''re in the same place we were before Christmas, with the same problems on and off the field. Of course I want us to win the game, I want us to win every game! Just frustrated with our inability to make any progress...

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]My "Beating West Ham" title was ironic....seeing as we''re in the same place we were before Christmas, with the same problems on and off the field. Of course I want us to win the game, I want us to win every game! Just frustrated with our inability to make any progress...[/quote]

The problem is that you''re a game too early, consulting the fixture list will cure this.

We''re running out of games to fall into that bottom three now and also running out of opportunuity for a replacement to make a difference.

I could see the logic originally. Loss=Hughton goes=New Guy and a few new players= more points a la Sunderland.

There would now be no new players and less suitable managers interested in the post now the window is gone.

In Hughton''s favour, we''ve gone a few games more and are still not in the bottom three and the longer this continues, the more likely we are to stay in the league. I just worry about that 4 games at the end. We need to be at least 6 points clear of 18th and have a few teams between us and 18th before i''d be confident then!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

In Hughton''s favour, we''ve gone a few games more and are still not in the bottom three and the longer this continues, the more likely we are to stay in the league.[/quote]I''m afraid that I''ve always had this suspicion that if we do fall into the bottom three, we''ll not get out of it, Jimmy. Irrespective of the last four games, though I''ll agree it doesn''t help !And before I get howls of protest from Lakey, Ricardo, KTF and all the others, I''ll readily admit ...I may be wrong. It may just be a hunch. But it always seems that , when you get to late Feb/Mar, teams that fall into the bottom 3 rarely extracate themselves from the position. Houdini acts can and do occur, but they are rare.Now is the time to go on that fabled ''good run'' and put a bit of a cushion between us and the relegation places, but, there simply is nothing to suggest that is on the cards. But of course the aforementioned gents above will doubtless say that there was nothing to suggest that we''d go on a 10 match unbeaten run immediately before the Arsenal home game last season.Interested to know what others'' take is on this.

quote user="TCCANARY"

Hear me out guys.

We''ve had a ''Beating West Ham could relegate us'' thread and we won that game.

We''ve had a ''Beating Hull could relegate us'' thread and we won that game.

I feel that it is my duty to point out that a win will secure the managers job for a few more games and that this is a bad thing, although many of you will not understand how getting three points is a bad thing I can assure you that it is and none of us should want this to happen. It will be completely the wrong thing to happen, absolutely not what we should be desiring at all, no, not one iota.

Now, I''m expecting many posts to battle it out in counter arguments, please feel free to be as unpleasant as you wish to each other.

/quote

Well with TC Canary''s ''assurance'' and Reggie''s ''Gut feeling'', the evidence is overwhelming...

Well my beginning of the season predictions had us on 8 games unbeaten from Villa to Liverpool game (inclusive).

I had correctly predicted the 2-1 loss to Cardiff and have us down for 1 point in the next 3.

I did however have us on 28 points by this stage, 4 points more than i''d stated. If we go as my predictions state, we''ll finish on 42 points.

Wins versus Villa, Stoke, Sunderland and WBA.

Draws versus West Ham, Southampton, Swansea, Fulham, Liverpool, Arsenal

Losses versus Man City, Tottenham, Man U, Chelsea.

I have to say that looks optimistic now!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well my beginning of the season predictions had us on 8 games unbeaten from Villa to Liverpool game (inclusive).

I had correctly predicted the 2-1 loss to Cardiff and have us down for 1 point in the next 3.

I did however have us on 28 points by this stage, 4 points more than i''d stated. If we go as my predictions state, we''ll finish on 42 points.

Wins versus Villa, Stoke, Sunderland and WBA.

Draws versus West Ham, Southampton, Swansea, Fulham, Liverpool, Arsenal

Losses versus Man City, Tottenham, Man U, Chelsea.

I have to say that looks optimistic now![/quote]I''d say that some of them looked pretty damn optimistic back when you made them in Aug, Jimmy !!Draws v Liverpool and Arsenal ? A win at Villa Park ? .......Hmm.I suppose, the law of averages suggests that eventually we''ll get something at Craven Cottage, so I''ll let that one go !!