Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Make Carrow Rd buzz.

The only way we can help to help the team on Saturday is to get  everybody up for this game. Hughton is now irrelevant to the equation. It is up to the players and fans to make sure that Man City are not going to have an easy day.   We can do it by making Carrow Rd buzz.   The team is still picking up points and we are not losing every week so the team have not got a losing mentality so why should fans? And what is the point in this season if we can''t get the atmosphere going when it really matters?

[quote user="lake district canary"]The only way we can help to help the team on Saturday is to get  everybody up for this game. Hughton is now irrelevant to the equation. It is up to the players and fans to make sure that Man City are not going to have an easy day.   We can do it by making Carrow Rd buzz.   The team is still picking up points and we are not losing every week so the team have not got a losing mentality so why should fans? And what is the point in this season if we can''t get the atmosphere going when it really matters?

[/quote]

TAXI!!!

[quote user="lake district canary"]The only way we can help to help the team on Saturday is to get  everybody up for this game. Hughton is now irrelevant to the equation. It is up to the players and fans to make sure that Man City are not going to have an easy day.   We can do it by making Carrow Rd buzz.   The team is still picking up points and we are not losing every week so the team have not got a losing mentality so why should fans? And what is the point in this season if we can''t get the atmosphere going when it really matters?

[/quote]

LDC=Plonker.

Why do we get this every time! Why the need for the cheerleading?

There is always a buzz before kick off and generally it stays that way until 10 minutes in, then as per perfromance and effort on the pitch dictate atmosphere.

I can''t say I''m too bothered about this game, it will be one where once out a 100 times we might get something out of the game, but I''m not counting on anything other than watching some talented players practice their attack on our defence, the norm for us. I hope that the players give it the efforst and passion it deserves and if we get something out of the game than great.

But making FCR buzz is down to way the game goes, the way the players approach the game and anything else which might trigger a reaction, the norm.

Its hard for people to be buzzing and excited when we know that awful negative tactics we are going to sit thru for the next 90mins. Not like the Lambert days when we used to look forward to home games, atmosphere used to be great. Because no matter who were playing we would give it a go. Negative tactics breeds a negative response.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]Its hard for people to be buzzing and excited when we know that awful negative tactics we are going to sit thru for the next 90mins. Not like the Lambert days when we used to look forward to home games, atmosphere used to be great. Because no matter who were playing we would give it a go. Negative tactics breeds a negative response.[/quote]

Tactics are irrelevant imo.  Its about players performing.  Like they did on Saturday for large parts of the game.  Like they did against Hull.  Like they did in the second half against West Ham.  Like they did to get those draws recently.  We know they can do it, they just need to do it more often.

Totally agree. We need to get the stadium rocking. It has been absolutely awful recently. I do not understand why the majority of people turn up if all they are going to do is moan and criticise. We are in the PREMIER LEAGUE FOR GODS SAKE playing against some of the best players in the world. Enjoy it whilst we are in it! So what if we lose a few games, we cannot compete with the money of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City etc but our fans can certainly compete with the best of them. So lets start on Saturday and give the team a real lift because boy are they going to need it. OTBC!!!

if they cant lift themselves for a game vs the future champions against world class players then what hope have we got.

[quote user="HughtonOut"]if they cant lift themselves for a game vs the future champions against world class players then what hope have we got.[/quote]Its not always a case of them being able to lift themselves.  Tension can stop them from moving well and they will appreciate help from the crowd. The more encouragement we can give them from the off, if they are feeling the tension, it will help them get over it.

Completely agree LDC. I can''t wait for this match, I still remember welcoming the likes of Carlisle and having a trip to Stockport County, so will be absolutely buzzing to welcome Manchester City to Carrow Road.

I have to agree with another poster though, the atmosphere at the stadium recently has been extremely bad (well I sit in the lower Barclay so can only attest to that). I think it was Russell Martin who said the players can feel the tenseness in the stands. I think fans shouting abuse at the players actually think that helps them perform.......which to me says they''ve never tried to do anything with anyone shouting some abuse at them.

After last Saturday the atmosphere will be toxic only expect anything other if City can reach the heights of the last 20 mins of Cardiff from the off.

"Hughton Out" will be de rigeur. The club needs a lift can''t rely on Mr Nice or Mr Nasty.

QUOTE: I think it was Russell Martin who said the players can feel the tenseness in the stands. I think fans shouting abuse at the players actually think that helps them perform.......which to me says they''ve never tried to do anything with anyone shouting some abuse at them./quote

Reggie, take note as per my comments regarding Hucks/McVeigh.

For those of us who will actually be there [so you can stop reading now LDC, or will you be on the "bank opposite the main entrance"?], I think I speak for most of us by saying it would be nice for the players to give us something to cheer about. If they actually put a shift in, the crowd will respond. In this chicken and egg scenario the players have to do their bit first.

Beefy,

Not sure what you are saying here, but if you are referring to the interview RM gave after the Newcastle game, when he spoke about the tenseness and how they could feel it and the Snoddy incident, and if you are saying he said that fans shouting abuse at the players helps them perform, then you are wrong as he said nothing of the sort.

Can you elucidate, or point me to the interview. Thanks

[quote user="Simple Jack"]For those of us who will actually be there [so you can stop reading now LDC, or will you be on the "bank opposite the main entrance"?], I think I speak for most of us by saying it would be nice for the players to give us something to cheer about. If they actually put a shift in, the crowd will respond. In this chicken and egg scenario the players have to do their bit first.[/quote]

I have to agree with this. Us fans and, yes I am a season ticket holder, spend our well earned cash on a ticket to watch our team. I have watched Norwich since the early 80s, so I am not a new ''glory seeker Premier League fan''!

The players know what they have to do. They know they must score goals to win games. It is impossible to win a game without scoring. If its down to them, why aren''t they doing it? If its not down to them, then it is the management team and, I believe, 95% of us have realised that. Nothing has been done to address this and instead of preventing a drop into the bottom three, it looks like we will have to find a cure (or a miracle) to lift ourselves out.

I will be up for this game on Saturday, just like I am all the other games. I sing ''On the Ball City'' at the start, I chant ''City'' on every free kick or corner with the crowd and never boo the team. I am, however, frustrated at the lack of activity in the transfer window and just hope we can avoid relegation.

I expect us to lose Saturday, just because its Man City. They can score goals (except last night!). They lost to Chelsea, so I am sure they will come out all guns blazing. I will, however, still shout for our team to the end, whatever happens.

OTBC

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Reggie, take note as per my comments regarding Hucks/McVeigh.[/quote]Beefy, I''ve never doubted the assertion that the players can be affected by the support/atmosphere in the stands. Absolutely no question about that.What I have doubted (and still do) is whether they give a flying feck about what''s written on forums like this. and, that''s what the discussion was about in the quote you refer to, to be fair.I''m sorry, but you''ll have to be a lot more persuasive that seasoned professionals like Huckerby and Mc Veigh''s game is adversely affected by a bit of negative vibe on here !Just don''t buy that.

You can walk into a room and feel the tension. We''ve all done it. Something has been going on in a room - perhaps an argument - but you can feel the tension as soon as you walk in.   And that can be with just two or three people involved.   Magnify that by thousands at a football ground and you get an idea of what can happen.   I am sometimes staggered by the feeling of tenseness that there is when you go into the ground.  

It doesn''t matter what emotion is prevalent though, it will always affect the atmosphere and affect the players.  Apathy, anger, fear, the joy at scoring, the joy at winning - they all have an effect.  I like to feel that we can win any and every game we start in - and I genuinely think we can win on Saturday - and I know sometimes that the feeling in the ground doesn''t match this.  If somehow we could lose that tension and just learn to enjoy the matchday experience more, we would help the players.  Singing used to be a help, but that seems muted these days - and was under Lambert too before anyone says its the manager''s fault.    The premiership with Lambert was full of tension, especially to start with because a lot of our fans thought we weren''t good enough.  Some had us relegated in October - that 3-3 with Blackburn was ridiculous in the tension that built up before the game. 

My opinion is that it is possible to affect the game for the better if fans as a whole go with a good attitude.  If somehow people could sing more or make more noise - even those clappy things might help - it could make for a less tense atmosphere.  Giving the opposition a hard time would help too. Focus your frustration on them if you like.   Make them feel the pressure is on them by chanting stuff at them.   Its about helping your team as opposed to making it easier for the opposition. 

The Hughton out stuff is irrelevant now, at least until the end of the season. The situation is down to the players to sort out and we have to help them by getting behind them and getting in the faces of the opposition as much as we can, much like we want our players to do.  Making a place hostile for the opposition is a much better thing to do than making it hostile for your own players.  Its common sense.  Promote success with your own team by giving your own team encouragement and focusing your negativity on the opposition.

With respect, Lakey, all the post above proves is how rarely you actually go to Carrow Rd.I''ll concede that there have been some isolated incidents, such as the Snoddy one at the Newcastle game, and the Hughton Out banner at the Fulham one. But, by and large, given the circumstances the atmosphere has been positive and good natured. There has been no negative chanting, no mass demonstrations, no placard waving, no getting on the team''s back. The noise levels have kept up well, and when we pressed for long periods in the Hull game, the sound was well ratcheted up.You can wage your anti-fan campaign on this site, if you like. You do not like what many of us say here, but please do not insult us by suggesting the support at games has been anything other than excellent, sometimes in very trying circumstances.And I''m pretty confident that will continue.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I genuinely think we can win on Saturday....[/quote]Interesting point Lakey. You were telling us recently how much money you had won on these games where City were expected to lose and how you''d even forecast the goal scorer correctly.So, do you mind sharing with us the score BEFORE we win on Saturday and who will score our first goal. I assume you''ll be having your normal £10 bet so we won''t expect you to tell us until you''ve placed your bet and secured your odds. I''m a bit strapped for cash at the moment so this will be very helpful. Also, this will give a big boost to the Ray''s Funds thread as we never get odds of 270/1 or 150/1.Thanks my friend....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]With respect, Lakey, all the post above proves is how rarely you actually go to Carrow Rd.I''ll concede that there have been some isolated incidents, such as the Snoddy one at the Newcastle game, and the Hughton Out banner at the Fulham one. But, by and large, given the circumstances the atmosphere has been positive and good natured. There has been no negative chanting, no mass demonstrations, no placard waving, no getting on the team''s back. The noise levels have kept up well, and when we pressed for long periods in the Hull game, the sound was well ratcheted up. You can wage your anti-fan campaign on this site, if you like. You do not like what many of us say here, but please do not insult us by suggesting the support at games has been anything other than excellent, sometimes in very trying circumstances.And I''m pretty confident that will continue.[/quote]

I''m not talking about incidents and I never said  anything about negative chanting or demonstrations or placard waving.   Players though have felt the wrath of the crowd, even at the Hull game - which I was at.  Its not an anti fan campaign either.  Its a plea for everyone to realise that we can make a difference if we support more vocally and give the opposition more stick vocally.   That''s all.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]We can do it by making Carrow Rd buzz......[/quote]Good idea!I''m off to start a new thread about it. [:S]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Tactics are irrelevant imo. 

[/quote]

This follows your opening post saying that ''Hughton is irrelevant to the equation''

Lakey may I just say that you are losing the plot yet again.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The more encouragement we can give them from the off, if they are feeling the tension, it will help them get over it.[/quote]That is, until the first Man City goal goes inPS - should I also post this in the other thread you started on the same subject or one reply sufficient?

I''ve been on the look out for a forum signature for ages, thanks LDC. I think I''ve just realised that you are somebodies genius comic creation, like a Norfolk Karl Pilkington.

[quote user="Making Plans"]should I also post this in the other thread you started on the same subject or one reply sufficient?[/quote]Don''t be a miserablist MP, get buzzin''........I can''t stop now I''ve started. Bzzzzzzzzzz! [:D]