Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Carroll Suspension Confirmed!

Excellent news! We have to start picking up wins now. This is one of the ever dwindling list of real opportunities for us to get a result. A win here would probably tip the balance in our favour.

Yes indeed Jimmy.Trying to be fair and unbiased as possible about this, imho, Carroll was rather unfortunate to get a red card for that incident, and if that had been Gary Hooper we''d have been spitting blood about it.But certainly we need all the help we can get just now so his absence cannot do us any harm.

absolute joke that is, Flores should be the one banned for cheating, even the Swansea boards have condemned Flores.

Would love to know who sits on these 3 man panels.

Never a red but good news for us.

Lets hope we can go and show 90 mins of guts and determination and not capitulate from the first whistle or cling nervously to a slender lead for once.

Hope we get more luck than we did there last season ... Ridiculous early penalty award.

I really rate Carroll, just the type of player I think our squad is missing, he is very good at what he does and will be a big miss, but that doeasnt mean West Ham will be pushovers. As for the red card.......I think I must be about the only person who actually thinks it WAS a red card offence (other than the ref and the FA)....having watched it several times from all of the angles, I really think it was a deliberate attempt to smack the other player whilst trying to make it look like an accident.....he just didnt make great contact.  

Paul....''

absolute joke that is, Flores should be the one banned for cheating, even the Swansea boards have condemned Flores.

Would love to know who sits on these 3 man panels. ''

Jurgen Klinsman,Robbie Savage and Christiano Ronaldo........that might explain it.

That''ll be the same Carroll who didn''t play at Carrow Road, and they still played us off the park first half!

His suspension will make little difference at Upton Park.

Yes it will City 2nd.
They played us off the park first half, only scored one. Because like us they struggle to score more than one. Andy Carrol finally back and fit, and oh look they win a game comfortably 2-0.
Who won that game at Carrow Road? 
It makes a huge difference, Newcastle lost 2 points against us as they failed to score. West Ham lost 3 as they failed to score a second despite their dominance.

["Dubai Mark"]I really rate Carroll, just the type of player I think our squad is missing, he is very good at what he does and will be a big miss, but that doeasnt mean West Ham will be pushovers. As for the red card.......I think I must be about the only person who actually thinks it WAS a red card offence (other than the ref and the FA)....having watched it several times from all of the angles, I really think it was a deliberate attempt to smack the other player whilst trying to make it look like an accident.....he just didnt make great contact.  

When I saw it I thought it was a red card as like you say I think Carol did attempt to hit the guy whilst trying to make it look accidental!

Without doubt it will make West Ham weaker but they will still be tough but if we pay at our best we can win!

I think he might have meant it but I''m not sure the ref could be certain the intent was there.

Well this gives us a much better chance of getting the three points but to be honest I think we may be already done for after that stupid result at Cardiff.Even if the team''s still shell-shocked after Saturday''s likely duffing-up at Carrow Road they really must be positive on Tue. This really is a game where we can give ourselves a bit of daylight.If we don''t lay into them like we did Cardiff and really go for the win then we may as well accept that it''s going to be Championship football next season.

Pleased with this news of course.As to whether it''s justified, I think this is one of those red cards that falls in the category, "probably not a sending off but I can see why the ref gave it". In which case, the appeal was doomed to fail because it can''t then be argued the referee made an "obvious error".

Good news for us.

If he showed intent the card is justified, you don''t need to make any contact!

The action was both deliberate and not necessary or part of a natural follow through after the tackle/coming together.

Red all day long for me once it went to FA panel. Of course often not given on the pitch those, but happily for us it was!

Certainly Carroll was the lesser of the two sinners in my opinion. Can the panel take action against Flores despite his not having been booked/sent off. His behaviour deserved a decent ban for me.

An absolute tragedy for football.

Carroll gets his suspension upheld, Flores gets away Scott free

Howard Webb stands by a ridiculous decision because its easier than admitting he got it wrong.

The FA don''t overturn it as they are sending Howard Webb to the World Cup so don''t want to make it look like he got anything wrong

And referees are supposed to get respect?