Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Follow Swansea's lead!!

So you want us to sack Hughton and give the job to an ex player with no managerial experience. Does the name Gunn mean anything to you ?

[quote user="alartz"]what a strange decision that is. Hasn''t really done a thing wrong and gets sacked?[/quote]

6 defeats in 8 and 2 points above the relegation zone.  Swansea''s board presumably recognised the very real threat of relegation and decided that getting rid of Laudrup was in Swansea City''s best interests in their bid to avoid relegation.

It doesn''t seem that strange a decision to me.  It''s not as if they are mid table.  They also have, on paper, quite a lot of winnable league games coming up.

Swansea have paid the price for having a small squad compete on several fronts. They have a good team, but when they are playing in all the domestic competitions and Europe too, and get a player or two injured it really shows. He''s a good manager but his squad was spread too thin, they are dead on their legs at the moment.

If it''s just a question of looking for the right wording, then the Swansea owner has done the job for us nicely -

"However, after thinking long and hard about the best way

forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at

the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance

levels that have served ------- City so well over the last few years.

"Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move

forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on

record our gratitude to ---- for the work he has done over the last

18 months and wish him well for the future."

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]So you want us to sack Hughton and give the job to an ex player with no managerial experience. Does the name Gunn mean anything to you ?[/quote]No experience????

2000–2002Denmark (assistant manager)
2002–2006Brøndby
2007–2008Getafe
2008–2009Spartak Moscow
2010–2011Mallorca
2012–2014Swansea City
More than 10 years of managment experience

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]So you want us to sack Hughton and give the job to an ex player with no managerial experience. Does the name Gunn mean anything to you ?[/quote]No experience????

2002–2006Brøndby
2007–2008Getafe
2008–2009Spartak Moscow
2010–2011Mallorca
2012–2014Swansea City
More than 10 years of managment experience[/quote](Psssst..... I think he''s refering to the fact that Garry Monk is now manager of Swansea....) [;)]

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]So you want us to sack Hughton and give the job to an ex player with no managerial experience. Does the name Gunn mean anything to you ?[/quote]

No experience????

2002–2006Brøndby
2007–2008Getafe
2008–2009Spartak Moscow
2010–2011Mallorca
2012–2014Swansea City

More than 10 years of managment experience
[/quote]

Presumably FenwayFrank was referring to, Swansea getting rid of an experienced manager and temporarily replacing him with Garry Monk who has little, probably no managerial experience whatsoever at such a crucial stage of the season.

It''s getting ridiculous really. It''s so close and so many boards are panicking. Wonder if the relegated clubs will be Norwich, West Ham and Hull? Or as it gets closer will some of the clubs sack their second manager of the season?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s getting ridiculous really. It''s so close and so many boards are panicking. Wonder if the relegated clubs will be Norwich, West Ham and Hull? Or as it gets closer will some of the clubs sack their second manager of the season?

[/quote]I don''t think that is true at all, nutty. Of the five changes earlier on in the season not one was panic move. In each case there were longer-term worries at board level.Swansea might be a panic move, although when Laudrup was appointed the Guardian''s Spanish football expert warened that he never stayed long in one job.But West Ham haven''t panicked. Not to the extent of sacking the manager. Neither have Hull. Neither have we.

HughtonOut!!! wrote:

HUGHTON OUT LAUDRUP IN !!!!!

That''s an interesting user name for someone who joined in 2008; perhaps Nostradamus is among us!

(not to mention the 1000+ posts).

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]Do some on here see relegation as an acceptable price to pay for the chance to say "I told you all what would happen if we didn''t sack Hootun''"??[/quote]No we don''t want City to go down & even if they did it would give us no pleasure in being able to say that.But of course, you know that we will say that - just the same as Hughton supporters, probably including you, will say something very similar if he stays & keeps us up.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I don''t think that is true at all, nutty. Of the five changes earlier on in the season not one was panic move. In each case there were longer-term worries at board level.Swansea might be a panic move, although when Laudrup was appointed the Guardian''s Spanish football expert warened that he never stayed long in one job.But West Ham haven''t panicked. Not to the extent of sacking the manager. Neither have Hull. Neither have we.[/quote]

In each case the removal of the manager was seen as a way to avoid relegation. If it had been part of some long term plan it would have been done in the close season. At various points throughout the campaign these boards have torn up their beliefs from a few months previously because of the pressure of relegation worries. The tightness of the league this season means a top half side one week can be relegation candidates the next. Hull are now 7/2 for the drop. Withe relegation being a fate worse than death we may see a club sack two managers before this season is out.

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]Do some on here see relegation as an acceptable price to pay for the chance to say "I told you all what would happen if we didn''t sack Hootun''"??

[/quote]no of course not. But what will those against sacking him say if the worst does happen?

that you didn''t see it coming? Or that its not Hughtons fault? Or that with hindsight it might have been correct to get rid of him earlier?

i just hope it never comes to that...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="alartz"]what a strange decision that is. Hasn''t really done a thing wrong and gets sacked?[/quote]

6 defeats in 8 and 2 points above the relegation zone.  Swansea''s board presumably recognised the very real threat of relegation and decided that getting rid of Laudrup was in Swansea City''s best interests in their bid to avoid relegation.

It doesn''t seem that strange a decision to me.  It''s not as if they are mid table.  They also have, on paper, quite a lot of winnable league games coming up.

[/quote]

Erm, arent we 2 points above the relegation zone? 12th isnt mid-table? But it must be, when we were 12th everyone was saying relax we''re mid table...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

As you have correctly identified, those three teams are now the only 3 teams in the bottom half not to have changed their manager. Thats pretty staggering really. I think Bruce is safe, but I wonder what the odds would be on him being the only one left come the end of the season. If those three teams did get relegated it woulld certainly answer end the debate on stick or twist. Think allardyce might be gone soon, think hughton could go if we sink into the relegation zone

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]Do some on here see relegation as an acceptable price to pay for the chance to say "I told you all what would happen if we didn''t sack Hootun''"??

[/quote]no of course not. But what will those against sacking him say if the worst does happen?

that you didn''t see it coming? Or that its not Hughtons fault? Or that with hindsight it might have been correct to get rid of him earlier?

[/quote]

This is just bollox. It''s a never ending debate. If we sack the manager and stay up some people will say we''d have stayed up with Hootun. If we sack the manager and go down some will say we''d have stayed up with Hootun. If we don''t sack Hootun and stay up some will say we''d have gone down if we''d sacked him. And if we don''t sack Hootun but go down some will say we would have stayed up if we''d sacked him.

This is the crazy world of the message board. It''s like what Tigger likes for breakfast. Anybody would be better than Worthy. I mean''t anybody but Grant would be better than Worthy. Sorry I meant anybody but Grant or Roeder would be better than Worthy. No, you misunderstood, I meant anybody but Grant, Roeder or Gunn would be better than Worthy.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[/quote]

This is just bollox. It''s a never ending debate. If we sack the manager and stay up some people will say we''d have stayed up with Hootun. If we sack the manager and go down some will say we''d have stayed up with Hootun. If we don''t sack Hootun and stay up some will say we''d have gone down if we''d sacked him. And if we don''t sack Hootun but go down some will say we would have stayed up if we''d sacked him.

This is the crazy world of the message board. It''s like what Tigger likes for breakfast. Anybody would be better than Worthy. I mean''t anybody but Grant would be better than Worthy. Sorry I meant anybody but Grant or Roeder would be better than Worthy. No, you misunderstood, I meant anybody but Grant, Roeder or Gunn would be better than Worthy.....

[/quote]that''s my point - whatever happens at the end of the season people will take high ground if they are right and search for excuses when they are wrong. But at the minute there is no right and wrong, just a very nervous few months ahead

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] As you have correctly identified, those three teams are now the only 3 teams in the bottom half not to have changed their manager. Thats pretty staggering really. I think Bruce is safe, but I wonder what the odds would be on him being the only one left come the end of the season. If those three teams did get relegated it woulld certainly answer end the debate on stick or twist. Think allardyce might be gone soon, think hughton could go if we sink into the relegation zone[/quote]

If three other matches go the wrong way for us and we do lose big to Manchester City on Saturday then we will be sitting one place off the  very bottom of the table. Not likely that all of these will happen but it''s possible. Would not be a pretty forum on here over the remainder of the weekend.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]that''s my point - whatever happens at the end of the season people will take high ground if they are right and search for excuses when they are wrong. But at the minute there is no right and wrong, just a very nervous few months ahead[/quote]

I think that''s because every thread on every subject gets dragged back to Hughton. If I started a thread saying Now Tettey is fit i think we''ll score a few goals and pick up a few points. Which I do. Within three posts it would descend into a load of bitching about Hughton.

Shock horror it really isn''t that important to me who the manager is. I''ve seen them come and go. Some I''ve liked more than others. But always I''ve enjoyed supporting the club. This issue is just becoming too important so soon after Worthy and Delia hatred of 2005-9. If it meant the unrest would cease i''d be quite happy to support the managers sacking but it won''t cease. Because the rise of the Lambert years are over and will never return. The best we can hope for is a season like Swansea or WBA had last year. But go back 12 months could you see them where they are now with Clarke and Laudrup sacked? I wonder where Southampton will be in 12 months time...

That certainly made me think Nutty Nigel. As for Laudrup, I was genuinely surprised by this news, but from the statement it does seem that the problems are quite deep at the club behind the scenes, which I am presuming isnt the situation at our club? The bitterness there is now regarding Hughton certainly will not go away and is now really becoming a distraction and I wonder how it is possible for some on here to sleep at nights considering how wound up they appear. I really am convinced, that the time for our club to make decisions will be at the end of the season regardless of what the outcome of this season will be, change right now I am also convinced will not work for us and will cost probably more cash than the club can afford....plus I havnt seen any signs that our players are not on board with management, which is key to being able to fight our way through to the end of the season. If this changes, then perhaps a last minute change will be required.....but, as LDC has stated Hughton is here until the end of the season...and if he does go, then I personally would not want Laudrup as first choice.......