Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

In the best interest of the Fans?

Unlike Swansea the board acted in the best interest of their fans, so they say.

So why after all the polls for Hughton to go the board has stuck two fingers up at us.

I have never been so negative about going to watch our team thinking they will only go and lose.

To

any one of the directors please take off your ''we love Hughton glasses''

and act before the Man.City game. We are not going to win this game so

we might as well appoint a new manager. I have no doubt if there no

change the Boo Boys will be back in numbers.

With Hughton''s style of play even Suarez or Aguero would fail to score.

[quote user="Dibs"]

So why after all the polls for Hughton to go the board has stuck two fingers up at us.

[/quote]Which polls are these Dibs I wasn''t aware the club had held any such thing let alone several?

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Dibs"]

[/quote]Which polls are these Dibs I wasn''t aware the club had held any such thing let alone several?[/quote]There has been several. EDP24 and the most notable was the Radio Norfolk phone in with 88% wanting Hughton out.

[quote user="Dibs"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Dibs"]So why after all the polls for Hughton to go the board has stuck two fingers up at us.[/quote]Which polls are these Dibs I wasn''t aware the club had held any such thing let alone several?[/quote]There has been several. EDP24 and the most notable was the Radio Norfolk phone in with 88% wanting Hughton out.[/quote]Polls are like stats, you can make them mean whatever you want them to mean.  88% of  what.......people who felt strongly enough to answer it.   

The directors have a legal duty to act in the best interests of the Company - paying money to sack an outperforming mgr would not be in the best interests of the club. The directors so not have a legal duty to respond to unpleasant mobs who can not grasp reality.

[quote user="Dibs"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Dibs"]

[/quote]Which polls are these Dibs I wasn''t aware the club had held any such thing let alone several?[/quote]There has been several. EDP24 and the most notable was the Radio Norfolk phone in with 88% wanting Hughton out.[/quote]Oh those polls.... [facepalm]

[/quote]

Which polls are these Dibs I wasn''t aware the club had held any such thing let alone several?
[/quote]

There has been several. EDP24 and the most notable was the Radio Norfolk phone in with 88% wanting Hughton out.
[/quote]

that could have been 88% of 100 people.. the monority!!! we will never know, and the club has never run an official poll. Hughton is there man and is here for the long term. He ISNT going to get sacked.. how many more times does it need saying?

[/quote]Which polls are these Dibs I wasn''t aware the club had held any such thing let alone several?[/quote]There has been several. EDP24 and the most notable was the Radio Norfolk phone in with 88% wanting Hughton out.[/quote]Well you could never be accused of letting stupidity get in the way of pushing on with your agenda could you?

[quote user="Dibs"]

Unlike Swansea the board acted in the best interest of their fans, so they say.

[/quote]

More fool them. Do you want the board to act in the interests fot the fans or in the interests of the club? Unless you think the interests of fan and club are always the same. Which they''re not!

The real question of course is not about what the fans want, although the club always has to be cogniscent of the general fan view, but is about what the best interests of the club really are. Is it in the best interests of the club to change manager now, in the summer or to keep him in charge?

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-02-05 3:57 PM:

Dibs wrote:

Zak Cartman wrote:

Dibs wrote:

Which polls are these Dibs I wasn''t aware the club had held any such thing let alone several?

There has been several. EDP24 and the most notable was the Radio Norfolk phone in with 88% wanting Hughton out.

Polls are like stats, you can make them mean whatever you want them to mean.

88% of what.......people who felt strongly enough to answer it.

Exactly what it said on the tin, 88% of callers wanted him OUT you patronising fool!

[/quote]Which polls are these Dibs I wasn''t aware the club had held any such thing let alone several?[/quote]There has been several. EDP24 and the most notable was the Radio Norfolk phone in with 88% wanting Hughton out.[/quote]

The day the board acts on the poll results, wishes and opinions of Radio Norfolk phone ins will be a very sad one. These are often conducted in the heat of the moment or after a bad result anyway.

Despite a lot of noise online, I have actually met very few people who actively want Hughton out, and haven''t heard anyone at all express this verbally in the ground. That''s not to say there is not a lot of frustration, disillusionment and disappointment in playing style, but still, I don''t think it''s as unanimous as some might suggest.

For me, the jury is out re. Hughton, and I think he will probably be here for the rest of the season anyway.

Some on here like to rewrite history. Radio Norfolk had 500 plus people text in on the morning that Mcwho? had his little say, stating that he''d rather die than face relegation. Of that 500 plus, at least 85% wanted the clueless Chris to be given his marching orders. I would suggest that if you were to poll the entire fan base you would still get a healthy 70% who feel it is time for dear Chris to go.

[quote user="City 2nd"]lake district canary wrote 

88% of what.......people who felt strongly enough to answer it.

Exactly what it said on the tin, 88% of callers wanted him OUT you patronising fool![/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, but that was not my point as you well know.   Telephone/text polls are notoriously inaccurate because they do not ask across a wide field of people, merely inviting people to send an opinion in.  If you ask who wants Cameron out of office in one of these polls, probably most people that would bother to vote are the ones who want him out anyway, so these types of polls are pretty much meaningless.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]Some on here like to rewrite history. Radio Norfolk had 500 plus people text in on the morning that Mcwho? had his little say, stating that he''d rather die than face relegation. Of that 500 plus, at least 85% wanted the clueless Chris to be given his marching orders. I would suggest that if you were to poll the entire fan base you would still get a healthy 70% who feel it is time for dear Chris to go.[/quote]But any poll can be spun to suit your agenda I think you''ll find…Were those 500 people reflective of the average NCFC crowd? Or were they simply those that felt sufficiently vexed to engage in the phone in text/vote?Allow me to give you an example…Of the 5 others that I go to every home game with, 4 don''t read this forum nor do they engage in Radio Norfolk phone-ins nor EDP on-line polls. Nor do they want Hughton to be removed from his post this season – the summer is a different matter and is not relevant to this debate.So, by using your calculative assumptions, I can safely state that at least 4/6ths (or 66.6%) of the average NCFC home crowd don''t want the manager to leave the club this season.Where does that leave your healthy 70%?

Finally, political polls only poll around 1000 people. I think you will find a healthy proportion of the eve of General Election polls have been surprisingly accurate in their findings over the last 50 years or so..

Also I think people felt it was a time for a change two or three weeks ago, while there was still time for a new man to use the transfer window.

That opportunity has passed now, and so I think a lot of people feel resigned to the fact we are stuck with Mr Nice - like it or lump it. I feel sure if you were to conduct a new poll now the percentage who want CH out will have decreased a bit.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]Finally, political polls only poll around 1000 people. I think you will find a healthy proportion of the eve of General Election polls have been surprisingly accurate in their findings over the last 50 years or so..[/quote]But YouGov and IPSOS Mori use far more intensive calculative and research techniques than a Radio Norfolk phone-in.I realise it doesn''t provide any form of back up for your points, but you must appreciate this surely?

Well I just set up a poll on a website I run and 100% of the voters wanted Hootun to stay.Total votes cast = 100 so clearly everyone wants him to stayThere may have been some mischievous multiple voting.what you didn''t know the poll was being held or where?Tough!This is the very latest internet poll on the matter so it must be right.At least no binners voted on my poll.Which makes it marginally less worthless than all the other straw polls.

With McNally committed to a trip to Switzerland (Dignitas) at the end of the season, I was wondering whether Alas Smith and Jones have given any thoughts to the next CEO.

Some on here say they could do worse than appointing LDC who could combine the role with that of manager. Afraid I have no percentages in favour of that idea.