Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

Would another 7 nil defeat shift him?

No, I''m not wishing for it, we need points not another hiding.

But Man City need to recover after their recent defeat, so if they take it out on our hide would a real 0-7 bashing at their hands again finally remove Hughton?

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

But Man City need to recover after their recent defeat, so if they take it out on our hide would a real 0-7 bashing at their hands again finally remove Hughton?

[/quote]

If you''re not wishing it, why mention it?

Dunno, Jimbo. Though I poked a bit of fun at them in the Laudrup thread earlier this morning, I''m afraid that there may well be something in what people say when they sense that we are stuck with him till May at the earliest.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because its relevent and some posters might well wish for it.[:|]

Notwithstanding that I disagree with their failure to do so, I don''t think they have any intention of getting rid of him before May or it would have happened by now. There have been enough ritual humiliations. I''m also surprised there hasn''t been a shake up of the coaching team, would have been much less contentious.

It is not the fact that we are likely to lose against Man City, but the probable manner of it. With Newcastle utterly dominant against us I really shudder at what might happen. I used to have pride and look forward to us battling against the odds for an unlikely win in these sorts of games, now I feel resigned that we''ll lose and my ambition is almost limited to hoping it isn''t embarrassing.

I think 3 defeats now, man c, w.ham and spurs could get rid of him and its certainly a possibility, could all be too late tho,.shoulda gone months ago

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why not mention it? He''s free to ask what he wishes on this forum, as long as it is not abusive, blasphemous or offensive.

Neither a win or loss would impact our managers position. The players giving up like they did in the 7-0 thrashing should impact them though.

First of all, I really dont see the defeat against Chelsea having much to do with the way Citeh play against us, they will fancy giving another tonking to us and will probably be expecting that to happen and are already drawing lots as to who should be lined up for the first goal. As for the question........I dont think the result, regardless of what it is will "shift him" (OK maybe more than the 7 and zero effort would cause some serious thinking I guess). Why? Because the Board like all of us know that this Man City team have been and can hand out some serious tonkings to ANY side in this league...they have scored eleven goals in two matches vs Spurs, scored six against Arsenal and four against Manure...even when I watched them lose away to Villa they should have won by a big margin, as that was the absolute luckiest I have ever seen another side be in all my time watching football (oh the luck of "The Mesiah") .....some of that type of luck would be great for us Saturday, we will need it certainly..........I''m hoping for a remarkable point and really dont care if we "park the bus", play "19th Century football" or ten across the back.....just as long as we give it our best shot!!!    

It ain''t going to happen. Get behind the team, that''s all that matters, the management situation is irrelevant on Saturday! all that matters is a result.

[/quote]

hello wiz

how''s that cat of yours ?

[quote user="Vanwink"]It ain''t going to happen. Get behind the team, that''s all that matters, the management situation is irrelevant on Saturday! all that matters is a result.[/quote]

But don''t the fans already do this Mr Vanwink?

[quote user="Vanwink"]It ain''t going to happen. Get behind the team, that''s all that matters, the management situation is irrelevant on Saturday! all that matters is a result.[/quote]

But don''t the fans already do this Mr Vanwink?[/quote]

That is a very good question.

If a loss means we enter the bottom 3. Then he should be sacked according to the board

Let''s see if they stick to there words. But it would be nice to stuff the citeh.

Jimbo Canary wrote the following post at 05/02/2014 8:11 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

It ain''t going to happen. Get behind the team, that''s all that matters, the management situation is irrelevant on Saturday! all that matters is a result.

But don''t the fans already do this Mr Vanwink?

Clearly not Jimbo, did you hear about the Snoddy incident by any chance?

They may stuff us again, but I doubt they''ll have the amount of luck they had last time.

Their first goal, I seem to remember came when someone (Martin) booted it off the line, hit the back of someone''s head & bounced into the net.

I can''t remember the sequence, but out of the next 3 at least one was from a ricochet & Ruddy made a poor effort against another. Was there an offside one as well?

Now, ManC were all over us, probably would have scored anyway, but without large slices of luck I don''t think they''d have scored 7.

Of course, though, any team that''s completely dominating another team is bound to score hatfulls of goals. Like we did against Cardiff........

And Newcastle did against us ...........

I think he said something on the Radio Norfolk interview about Hughton''s remit being to keep us out if the bottom 3, and currently he is doing that.

I think that''s been misinterpreted as "as soon as we''re in the bottom 3 he gets sacked".

I didn''t hear the interview. Maybe he did. But when I''ve heard him and Bowkett at the AGM they talk in general about the club and not the manager.

Every single thing about the football team is immediately about the manager on this forum. I rather suspect the board take far more than the manager''s performance into account when they evaluate the season so far. The idea that sacking the manager will ensure we pick up the neccessary points has as much going for it as the idea of keeping him will ensure we pick up the neccessary points.

I doubt Hughton''s going anywhere before the end of the season. Looking at West Ham''s, Cardiff''s and Fulham''s fixtures for the rest of the season i just can''t see beyond them going down to be honest. Man City are of course capable of putting a decent amount of goals past anyone in this division, but i fancy us to do alright on Saturday. It''s a written off game for many (which is understandable), but despite our lack of goals this season weirdly there have been several games where we could definitely have scored 3 plus goals had we had a better rub of the green. The irony being if it were to happen Saturday, we will have chances and football''s a funny old game