Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Yobo

It all seems quiet on the Yobo front,is he here yet,was he playing regularly for his old club,is he indeed fit.If all is ok with him will he start Saturday and who will he replace or has he come just to keep the bench warm until we get an injurey or even sling him on in added time up front when we are yet again a goal down.I really hope he comes and wakes this team up and not just for an easy pay packet,how much passion will he have for this club,lets hope it will all be positive and brings a much needed change to this at the moment leaderless team.

He''s booked into the old peoples home on Yarmouth road, its easy for him to pick up his pension from the subpost office & its not too far to travel to the carra.

[quote user="Number 9"]He''s booked into the old peoples home on Yarmouth road, its easy for him to pick up his pension from the subpost office & its not too far to travel to the carra.[/quote]

Prat!!

[quote user="Number 9"]He''s booked into the old peoples home on Yarmouth road, its easy for him to pick up his pension from the subpost office & its not too far to travel to the carra.[/quote]

I like that, quite funny really. I have noticed this trend to loan aging has beens with premiership experience by Hughton, sign that he thinks it''s the best way to go for a relegation fight. That said are old pro''s topping up the pension pot really going to bust a gut knowing they are only here for 4 months?

Maybe the way to go was to loan a Zaha who had a big impact and  point to prove!

Well we will see if this backfires on Hughton come May.

very funny number 9,is Jonas there as well.It has worked in the distant past with gerrihatrick players Harford and Channon and been not very good as well as with Hartson Cottee and I am sure you will know a lot more but I am sure you are right younger keener players may be the way to go

[quote user="Indy"]

I like that, quite funny really. I have noticed this trend to loan aging has beens with premiership experience by Hughton, sign that he thinks it''s the best way to go for a relegation fight. That said are old pro''s topping up the pension pot really going to bust a gut knowing they are only here for 4 months?

Maybe the way to go was to loan a Zaha who had a big impact and  point to prove!

Well we will see if this backfires on Hughton come May.

[/quote]

I think that''s a bit unfair. He has signed young payers too - Hoops, Rv., Redmond - to name a few and has started to bring on the Murphy boys. You have to appreciate the difference also between what you would like and what is available, especially in January. If we NEED a certain type of player - midfielder, defender - and can''t get exactly what you''d like, the next best option is to go with what you know. Which inevitably means someone more experienced. I certainly wouldn''t want that as a transfer and recruitment policy, but when needs must, it''s better than nothing.

The idea that an older player is just here to ''top up their pension'' doesn''t really work. If Yobo was happy just to see out his career until retirement why leave Istanbul? He''s not going to be getting any extra money for coming to Norwich and trust me Istanbul is a much nicer place to have lots of spare time.

Yobo wants to play in the World Cup and to prove even at 33 he is still a good player and can contribute.

If he didn''t care he wouldn''t transfer and move back to England. I agree there can be a risk signing older players whose mind is mostly on their retirement - but the fact a player wants to go on loan proves that isn''t their primary concern.

Fair play a1,but should it have got to needs must,I hope it works but it is a worry when we resort to these type of players at this stage of the game.I would love Yobo to come in and take the team by the scruff of the neck and lead us on to staying in the prem lets hope he can,can continue this thread at seasons end.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The idea that an older player is just here to ''top up their pension'' doesn''t really work. If Yobo was happy just to see out his career until retirement why leave Istanbul? He''s not going to be getting any extra money for coming to Norwich and trust me Istanbul is a much nicer place to have lots of spare time. Yobo wants to play in the World Cup and to prove even at 33 he is still a good player and can contribute. If he didn''t care he wouldn''t transfer and move back to England. I agree there can be a risk signing older players whose mind is mostly on their retirement - but the fact a player wants to go on loan proves that isn''t their primary concern.[/quote]

Exactly.

Also, it''s a long way to come to just sit on the bench. I wonder how the move was sold to him, you''d think he must be under the impression he''s got a very good chance of playing some games.

Video of him training at Colney with team now on Canaries World, looked slow and clumsy to me.