Sign in to follow this  
dean

Hughton out, Laudrup in

Laudrup would be far better at getting us playing the attacking style that would suit our squad far better than Hughton''s negativity. Hughton out, Laudrup in. Assuming he would even come here.

Jas - lets put it like this - they are same points as us this season, with a +12 better goal difference. Similar enough. But I would rather watch their style of football.

Also, will we win a cup under Hughton? Never.

Laudrup every day of the week for me over Hughton.

[quote user="dean"]Jas - lets put it like this - they are same points as us this season, with a +12 better goal difference. Similar enough. But I would rather watch their style of football.

Also, will we win a cup under Hughton? Never.

Laudrup every day of the week for me over Hughton.[/quote]

Whilst I look forward to the change, I don''t think Laudrup is the manager that can run on a shoe string, and no matter who comes in he will have to do just that, while we hear of Chelsea boss putting together his wish list of world class strikers for the summer window, we have to be content with getting in cheap players to fill the gaps, I believe No matter who comes in we will always be fighting relegation unless the people up stairs wake up and see that we need to invest heavily in the Squad or, Well we all know what Or is

Reading the report in the mirror, you wouldn''t want him anywhere near our club. Whether it''s true or not is another matter.

The reason Swansea have got rid is because they are uncertain that he will stay at the end of the season. He''s looking for bigger fish to fry. He would be exactly the same here. Not going to happen.

Also you say they play better attacking football - I wasn''t impressed with their display against West Ham. No ideas and lacked strength to be able to bustle when needed. Lots of sideways passing.

In fact similar to us in many ways. Can normally pass the ball fine up to the final third and then struggle.

I accept that there are a lot of ''ifs'' in this whole scenario....if Laudrup wan ts to come here, if he''s available, if a deal could be done etc, but even bearing that in mind, i just hope to God that we do not look back in May at this week and see it as an opportunity missed...what might have been etc.He may well have some short term appointment in Spain or Denmark lined up, but I do think he''s be the ideal man for a similar arrangement here.

"We can reveal Laudrup''s departure was met with a huge sigh of relief within the dressing room.

Although the Dane’s 18-month reign saw Swansea win the Capital One Cup, reach the knockout stages of a European competition and enjoy another impressive season in the Premier League, success on the pitch disguised complete chaos off it."

"The cliques at the training ground had become so bad that a rule had to be introduced that only three Spanish players were allowed to sit at each table when the squad had lunch.

The players complained Laudrup was aloof, not interested in training and even refused to take sessions when it was raining.

When they went to Dubai for a training camp, the only rules enforced were that the players had to be on the bus for 11am and back on it by 1pm.

Much of the training camp was spent drinking. The players wanted discipline - and did not get it.

And that was typical of Laudrup’s reign.

We can reveal there several player delegations went to Jenkins to complain about Laudrup’s lack of training and discipline.

There was a lack of discipline, dressing room bust-ups, cliques and Laudrup’s relationship with chairman Huw Jenkins had long since broken down when the axe fell on Tuesday evening."

A few snippets from the mirror piece.

A combination of Laudrup wanting more expensive players and being linked with better jobs abroad has brought about his departure more than recent poor results. It is their experience of our Lambert departure days and needing assurances that he would stay etc. This being the case the Norwich board would not want him and indeed he would not last long. This does not alter the fact that we need a change but he would be the wrong fit

No, there''s clearly something bad about him, I don''t think he was sacked based purely on the league table and I''d rather have Hughton any day of the week.

Laudrup went to Paris for 2 days after Swansea''s defeat of West Ham, giving his players two days off too.

That''s why he was pushed.

But did he do it on purpose to get his money?

Ho hum

Some players, usually out of favour normally moan when something like this happens.

Vicente was critical of poyet when he left Brighton. Many on here considered him not good enough for us but how many would swap places with Sunderland now?!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Some players, usually out of favour normally moan when something like this happens.[/quote]
Hence the moanings of Holt, Morison, Becchio and Hoolahan, so we should just ignore these criticisms of Laudrup? but yet apparently for Hughton it''s just another stick and further proof he needs to be sacked...?
Just to clarify I''m just making a point of double standards and bias of many posters on this forum, not accusing you cusdp specifically.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]League cup apart... have a look at Laudrups league record.....[/quote]

Compared to Hughton''s league record since the start of 2012/13 it looks as good if not better to me Jas unless I have missed something along the way. More goals scored, better goal difference last season and this, higher league postion last season and this.

What exactly is your point ?

[quote user="dean"]Jas - lets put it like this - they are same points as us this season, with a +12 better goal difference. Similar enough. But I would rather watch their style of football. Also, will we win a cup under Hughton? Never. Laudrup every day of the week for me over Hughton.[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]

Jas'' only point is to always defend Hughton. Regardless of whether that defence is correct or logical.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]League cup apart... have a look at Laudrups league record.....[/quote]

Compared to Hughton''s league record since the start of 2012/13 it looks as good if not better to me Jas unless I have missed something along the way. More goals scored, better goal difference last season and this, higher league postion last season and this.

What exactly is your point ?

[/quote]Laudrup, Lambert, Hughton there''s just three points between them in over a season and a half. Two are apparently footballing geniuses the other is allegedly a clown. I know the margin between success and failure can be small but seriously can it be as small as 3 points in 18 months???

Definitely not! Granted he won a cup with them but Swanselona have slowly become more Swanage since Rodgers left, who really did have them playing decent football. Anyone who''s watched them on the box of late will see they are not the exciting team of old. Garry Monk''s appointment partly because he''s a ''Swansea club legend who knows the club inside out'' smacks of the situation whereby our very own Bryan Gunn was appointed for us. None of us know for sure yet, but it''s likely Swansea will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. As for Laudrup, the man looks ill and drained - not the man to stomach a relegation dogfight. No way was he given the bullet because he was off in the summer, if Swansea had felt he was the man to keep them up then they''d never have got rid whilst triggering a reported £4.5mil payout - that doesn''t make sense whatsoever!. He got the bullet because Swansea became turgid, can''t get results anymore, and quite frankly have become a mere shadow of the team that did so well under Brendan Rodgers.

If Laudrup had done for us what he has done for Swansea and only delivered a Cup and Europe he would be treated and viewed the same way Lambert is by the majority of the fans of our club. Beloved!!!

I don''t understand some people''s thinking that he''s done nothing for Swansea.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

If Laudrup had done for us what he has done for Swansea and only delivered a Cup and Europe he would be treated and viewed the same way Lambert is by the majority of the fans of our club. Beloved!!!

I don''t understand some people''s thinking that he''s done nothing for Swansea.

[/quote]Who has said Laudrup has done nothing for Swansea?For a club of our size, and indeed Swansea''s size, staying in the Premier league is everything, it is number one priority. Domestic and European cups are a nice bonus, but they should take second place to league business. In years gone by we would have got excited at drawing a big club in the cup and making some cash, now it is a drop in the ocean compared to the league money. If you have the squad to compete in everything, thats fine, but we haven''t, and look how the long midweek European trips affected Newcastle''s league form last season.So ultimately Laudrup has been sacked for his poor league form (but has been hailed as some kind of genius, despite his record being virtually the same as Hughton''s) the past cup glory is irrelevant.

Oh and just to add, you can play all the nice tappy tappy football, and have all the pundits spunking over it all you like, but if you don''t win games and put points on the table, whats the point?The way some people go on here, if we played "nice" football, but lost, they would be happier with that.Yeah, right.

As opposed to playing boring, can''t score goals type of game.

Attacking football and scoring goals seemed to work for us under Lambert.

Wonder what happened....... That''s right clueless took over.

If your going to get relegated your better off going down with a fight rather than a whimper. Which is the current situation.

Oz, have you watched Swansea of late? Because if anyones going down with a whimper rather than a fight, it looks more like Swansea than us - we just can''t get the damn thing in the net. Sure, we''ve had some poor games but watching Swansea passing it around turgidly in midfield before invariably giving it away is not exciting football either. They look a shadow of the team that had the pundits heaping superlatives on them a season or 2 ago.

I would be very surprised if Laudrup''s next job was in English football. Because of his ambitions and because of the doubts raised by his time at Swansea.