Sign in to follow this  
Felixfan

Why has Wes not been punished

Hughton said he was trying to draw a line under the Hoolahan affair but no player should be able to discredit the club and get away with it.

Any punishment should be made public. What do other posters think?

He should be put in the stocks in the centre circle at half time on Saturday and fans allowed to pelt him with rotten eggs and tomatoes. [:@]Then he should be hung by his feet from one of the crossbars and whipped. After that, the forkers should force him to each corner flag at forkpoint where he should be made to say sorry to the fans. [:@]That ud larn him. [8o|] [8o|] [8o|]

[quote user="lappinitup"]He should be put in the stocks in the centre circle at half time on Saturday and fans allowed to pelt him with rotten eggs and tomatoes. [:@]

Then he should be hung by his feet from one of the crossbars and whipped. After that, the forkers should force him to each corner flag at forkpoint where he should be made to say sorry to the fans. [:@]

That ud larn him. [8o|] [8o|] [8o|]
[/quote]

Hardly a suitable punishment Lapp as up until recently some wanted to turn poor old Delia into a burning effigy.

[quote user="splutcho"]He probably has been, I''d rather the club kept disciplinary matters behind closed doors anyway.[/quote]
Exactly. Why on Earth would they tell us what sanctions had been imposed? (At OP) If your boss at work punished you for a cock-up, I''m pretty sure you would think it terrible management, and highly unprofessional if he went to the local paper and publicised the sanctions. No different here.

Surely we ought to know that he has not got away with his foul mouthed attack on the club. What sort of example does that set.

Felix has a point. If he gets away with it we may see fans thinking it''s alright to make foul mouthed attacks on the club....

Learning that nobody was prepared to pay much for him and that his mate PL only thought he was worth 750k should be punishment and reality check enough.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Felix has a point. If he gets away with it we may see fans thinking it''s alright to make foul mouthed attacks on the club....

[/quote]

Wes could be any number of PinkUn posters...

What punishment? Fining him wages for saying he wants to leave? Not sure that''s legal. Not playing him? Wasn''t in the squad this week, and has not exactly been a permanent starting eleven player all season anyway. Made to train with the reserves? Sets an example to the other players perhaps, but completely alienates someone who you''re paying wages to (and who you may need at some point during the season if there are injuries).

So what do you suggest?

Perhaps have him on the bench and then send him to warm up along the sideline several time but not actually use him. While he warming up, the fans who are actually bothered by his indiscretion can yell insults at him.

The not actually using him would hurt his feelings and make him feel like a Foolahan so that would be punishment without acknowledging it.

Any other stupid ideas to resolve this no issue?

This whole situation has been blown way out of proportion!

A lot of idiot supporters are reacting angrily over an off the cuff comment by Hoolahan who was obviously extremely upset and angry about not being able to leave.

Try putting yourself in other peoples shoes for a change.

Hoolahan has been punished enough already imo.

My take on the whole situation is if a player wants to leave then let him. Especially one that''s arguably passed his best and at 31 years old needs to be playing for a manager that actually wants him!

Of course, nobody on here has ever wanted to leave who they worked for or had the occassional bad word about their employers, have they.

How do we know that Wes has not been punished?

The club keeps financial matters very much secret. It''s possible that Wes has been fined, and the matter has been kept strictly between him and the club, with his colleagues not informed and Wes and his agent under obligation to keep quiet. (The inducement is perhaps a promise to let him go in the summer, or more regular football if he behaves.)

An enlightened manager may have picked up extreme stress, decided that Wes is not in the right mind at the moment to be selected, and counselled the player.

Who knows, except the club and the player?

Already done !

He was summoned to Delia''s office

Delia told him off

She gave him the "lets be having you" and more

Hoolahan left Delia''s office visibly shaken and with tears in his eyes

Hoolahan was told in no uncertain terms that any further stunts of the kind would lead to increase time added to his contract with increments of 12 months each time

With Hoolahan''s behaviour record, he''d be a very old man when he''s finally released from his contract at Carrow Road.

Probably dealt with "in house" and that punishment will stay in house. Why is it anyone else''s business?

He wasn''t in the squad was he? It''s not like he got off lightly over it all

Probably dealt with "in house" and that punishment will stay in house.

in delias house ! my god spare the me the details poor wes !

But...but...but; every other professional football club in the entire world broadcasts details of all player punishments to the fans. It''s common practice, don''t you know. How DARE ours treat us with such disrespect!!!? Boo hoo hoooooooo!

I heard he got arsewhacks after training on Monday and that after a bit of banter, all is okay.

Bradley Johnson is still missing though as he put his shot over the fence and is still looking for the ball.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]Anyone think we''ll loan him out to the Championship now?[/quote]

Nope, not unless QPR come knocking with some decent money.

[quote user="lappinitup"]He should be put in the stocks in the centre circle at half time on Saturday and fans allowed to pelt him with rotten eggs and tomatoes. [:@]

Then he should be hung by his feet from one of the crossbars and whipped. After that, the forkers should force him to each corner flag at forkpoint where he should be made to say sorry to the fans. [:@]

That ud larn him. [8o|] [8o|] [8o|]
[/quote]

I know that you mean the groundsmen with their forks, but, the mental image of a load of people impishly chasing Wes around the ground with eating forks did make me smile...

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]Anyone think we''ll loan him out to the Championship now?[/quote]Quite possibly, Jimbo.On balance I''d say it''s far more likely that will happen than he''ll play for Norwich again this season.

While some posters may find this amusing and I enjoyed some of the comments I raised this issue because I think the club should go public on any sanctions.

The integrity of our club has been questioned and any attempts to trivialise this matter sets a very bad example . As someone has said any other club would have let the fans and the media know how the matter had been dealt with.

Rant over.

I never want to see this turd in a City shirt again, he crossed a line with that comment.[:@]

[quote user="Wiz"]I never want to see this turd in a City shirt again, he crossed a line with that comment.[:@][/quote]Hows that imaginary cat of yours?