Sign in to follow this  
City Till I Die

Get laudrup in! Do u agree??

[quote user="Making Plans"]If you read this then like me it''s probably a no.Interesting stuff.[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286#.UvF_f_vCCt8]http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286#.UvF_f_vCCt8[/url][/quote]We''d be crazy to sack Hughton for Laudrup if this article is true.

Well he could hardly be any worse and may be able to get the full potential out of the squad. However its never going to happen, we''ll probably bring in Joe Kinnear as Director of Football now he''s free instead...

No, where there''s smoke, there''s fire and this one will only cause us more problems.
Hughton at the very least has the respect and backing of the players and doesn''t come across as a lazy manager like Laudrup.

[quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="Making Plans"]If you read this then like me it''s probably a no.Interesting stuff.[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286#.UvF_f_vCCt8]http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286#.UvF_f_vCCt8[/url][/quote]We''d be crazy to sack Hughton for Laudrup if this article is true.[/quote]

It makes you wonder about players though.  They seem to want it all.  The money, the adulation, but they want someone else to motivate them.  Is that the problem with football generally?    If you are going to take money in vast quantities for your salary, you ought to be able to motivate yourself imo.  "Overpaid mercenaries"  has been a bit of a cliche, but looking at that article, if I was Laudrup, I think I''d be disillusioned with the players too.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Well he could hardly be any worse and may be able to get the full potential out of the squad. However its never going to happen, we''ll probably bring in Joe Kinnear as Director of Football now he''s free instead...[/quote]That''s your 4th post in 8 years and so you clearly consider your views rather than rush into print. You may have missed the link from Making Plans:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286#.UvF_f_vCCt8

The alternatives to Hughton that have been put forward - Laudrup, Mackay, Holloway - have turned out to be flops. Who knows what state we''d be in now if one of them was managing us.

Some of this talk suddenly coming out about how Laudrup is a rubbish manager is frankly largely a lot of guff. He may not be a perfect manager, but who is?

I think the Swansea situation comes down to a few things - probably the most important being the fact that whilst the style of football he and his predecessor Rodgers play is similar, their style of management is very different. Rodgers, is someone who is always on the training field, eager to get to know his players, very intense in his work and loves to talk passionately at length about the game. But Laudrup, partly through just having a different character is very different. You cannot tell me you are surprised to find out that Laudrup is not a militant disciplinarian or a tub thumping motivator. However I think it is this difference that a lot of the Swansea players, and others around the club may have struggled to adapt to, although maybe Laudrup would have been better served by having a management team around him that fill some of those gaps in his skillset more adequately. But there are different styles of managing a team, even Alex Ferguson was not one for taking many training sessions, and sometimes would not turn up to the training ground until the thursday before the game. Mourinho didn''t speak to his team after mid day before the Man City match, with the caretaker apparently giving the rallying cry.

Coupling this with the fact the relationship between Jenkins and Laudrup has been dodgy for a while for various reasons, but that is a relationship and that means it is a two way thing. I mean, they were seriously thinking about sacking him having just won a cup, and it even got to the point with Jenkins has been going around telling prospective new signings that they are signing for Swansea and not Laudrup because he is going, and some of those players being ones he knows the manager doesn''t even rate it. You start to add some of these other things into the mix and it is not exactly surprising he may not have been busting a gut to change the whole atmosphere at the club.

Perfect manager he is not, rubbish manager poor manager is most certainly not either.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Villa are above us and have more points. Does that make lambert better than clueless?

Just saying.....[/quote]Last season Villa finished below us. Are you saying at that point that Lambert was doubly clueless - clueless clueless so to speak?Just asking..........

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]The alternatives to Hughton that have been put forward - Laudrup, Mackay, Holloway - have turned out to be flops. Who knows what state we''d be in now if one of them was managing us.[/quote]

To say Laudrup has been a flop is ridiculous. He has made some excellent signings for the club, finished 9th last season and won a cup, taking the team into Europe. They have struggled this season whilst playing in the Europa league like many smaller teams before them, under the already brooding cloud of a relationship with the board that would be unlikely to foster a repeat success anyway. Swansea''s worst periods under his reign, have mostly been the equal of the majority of our time under Hughton. All of this while generally playing really good football, and apparently having a rubbish manager.

Perfect manage i''m sure he is not, but a flop he is not either.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, saucer of milk sir?

Well he was good enough to win them a cup and they''re still in Europe! Re: unlocking the potential of the squad, I was talking tactically...you know, playing players in the right positions, correct formations tailored for the opposition, playing to the players strengths, timely substitutions, squad rotation...

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]The alternatives to Hughton that have been put forward - Laudrup, Mackay, Holloway - have turned out to be flops. Who knows what state we''d be in now if one of them was managing us.[/quote]

As oppossed too........................

Laudrup got lucky with one signing (Michu). The rest was just continuing the momentum built up by Rogers, and if you believe the press it''s a legacy he was at risk of throwing away. Everything else our fans are fantasising about him is just ''grass is always greener'' syndrome.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Laudrup got lucky with one signing (Michu). The rest was just continuing the momentum built up by Rogers, and if you believe the press it''s a legacy he was at risk of throwing away. Everything else our fans are fantasising about him is just ''grass is always greener'' syndrome.[/quote]

Unbelievable. The guy delivers European football via success at Wembley in a Cup competition and he got lucky because he signed one player. On that basis he had the same team as Rodgers. Why didn''t Rodgers deliver a trophy then.

[quote user="Paul101"]not for me

not prima donna manager who apparently would call of training if it rained[/quote]

We had a manager who was extremely ambitious and a bit of a prima donna(because we weren''t big enough for him) but we did alright with him. Unfortunately, we then went downmarket and hired a good PR guy with no game plan. I also wouldn''t believe everything you read in the papers. The real story I think is that Jenkins was annoyed that Laudrup wouldn''t commit long term.

To be fair, Laudrup is the bigger name, better manager on paper and from what I have read motivates the players. Is he any better than Hughton and could he do a better job with this squad? Well only one way to find out and that''s for the board to appoint him. Anything else is just pure conjecture.

I do think that a change is due, not based on results but on the fact that we have so many negative''s round the club! Players wanting out, ex players saying how poor the management team are, players who were perfroming well in other leagues just not working here and the fans just not taking to Hughton, Caldrewood & Trollope.

Maybe Laudrup is the type of manager the board have been waiting for and will act now. Anyone who wins silverware with Swasea has to be considered as a good manager and we don''t know the full story behind why Laudrup and Swansea fell out, but this isn''t about the results but more behind the scenes.

Get Laudrup in! maybe if we get a perfromance like we did the last time we played Man City, it''s down to the board to decide.

[quote user="Oz Canary"][quote user="Paul101"]not for me

not prima donna manager who apparently would call of training if it rained[/quote]

We had a manager who was extremely ambitious and a bit of a prima donna(because we weren''t big enough for him) but we did alright with him. Unfortunately, we then went downmarket and hired a good PR guy with no game plan. I also wouldn''t believe everything you read in the papers. The real story I think is that Jenkins was annoyed that Laudrup wouldn''t commit long term.[/quote]

Oz, interesting point you make about not believing everything you read in the papers. Being based thousands of miles away, how exactly do you know the real story? Just interested.

He will go abroad to a big club and do well but he is not the right man for this club. He could be a future danish Martin O Neil doing well but virtually bankrupting clubs in the process

Get laudrup in?   even at near 50 he would probably still add a creative spark our midfield is missing so why not?? [:#]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]He will go abroad to a big club and do well but he is not the right man for this club. He could be a future danish Martin O Neil doing well but virtually bankrupting clubs in the process[/quote]

Sounds more like Harry Redknapp tbf.